Question(s) of the Day 19/11/2014

The Fish

Which one player is the most important for Newcastle United at the moment?

(I don't want to see any of this "I don't think it's any one player" horse shit either!)

Edited by The Fish

I think I'm in agreement with Stevie here. Sissoko being moved into the middle has had a massive impact on our recent upturn. I thought it was very noticeable that when he got into the game against the bin dippers was when we turned things up and ultimately won the game.

Colo, when hes happy and playing well he is not only a superb defender in his own right but pulls the rest of the defence up with him. We're a shambles without that.

I thought Colo was actively awful all of last season (though he's been better in recent weeks) to the point where it was obvious that Yanga-Mbwia/Williamson was the best partnership we had. Williamson and Dummett isn't very good but they should be able to cope against QPR at least.

But aye, I'd say Sissoko as well on recent weeks but when Tiote is on proper form, we look a better team too.

I'd agree with Sissoko at the moment like. He's key to how Pardew has us playing. We tend to sit very deep so his ability to pick the ball up and being able to carry it 50-60 yards is vital.

Now that we are without Colo, Stephen Taylor.... there I said it. The defence has noticeably improved when he's been included, and dickhead goalie tricks aside he's put in a good account of himself.