Question(s) of the Day 12/11/2014

The Fish

If Man City and Chelsea swapped managers right now, who would win the league?

Also;

Which managers are at the wrong club? (would Pochettino be a better fit for this Arsenal side?)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also;

Which managers are at the wrong club? (would Pochettino be a better fit for this Arsenal side?)

Did you pick that first one up off football weekly?

Chelsea would still win the league, Pellegrini is a top manager having trouble, Mourinho wouldn't make so much difference that City would pull back 8 points on Chelsea.

Pardews at the wrong club.

I don't think Mourinho would have City on top at the moment but he'd definitely make it closer. Not that I think Pellegrini isn't a good manager but Mourinho has got the right sort of ego (a gigantic one) to get the most out of a team like City.

TO be honest, I think Jose could take over Liverpool, Man City or Arsenal and get into a proper title scrap. Man Utd haven't the defenders, but the rest of them are a few tweaks here or there away from challenging a Pellegrini'd Man City

Mourinho should prove himself beyond all doubt by taking over a crap club, like us. He's only ever had loads of money to spend. How special would the special one really be if he had to turn a profit on transfer dealings?

Aye, I think the only question mark against him is he hasn't built something long term. Comes in spends loadsa money on players in their prime, wins stuff then fucks off. Not that it's a bad thing the blokes fantastic at doing it, maybe he will stay at Chelsea and build something as this is probably his youngest squad.

Hard to talk about Newcastle as it always ends with 'we're screwed as long as Ashley is here' :lol:

If Sunderland and Newcastle Utd swapped managers, who would finish the highest?

As for the Chelsea/Man City question, I'd still say Chelsea if all the players stayed the same and it was for this year only.

He did win the Champions League with Porto you know.

Aye, that was impressive but occasionally you get outsiders winning cup competitions. Winning the league with porto was less so as they're one of the richest teams in the country

When's the last time a club on such a limited budget won the CL? And he also won the league at a canter with Porto. He couldn't have done much else to prove that he isn't a cheque book manager. There's plenty you could level the accusation at but he certainly isn't one of them.

If Sunderland and Newcastle Utd swapped managers, who would finish the highest?

As for the Chelsea/Man City question, I'd still say Chelsea if all the players stayed the same and it was for this year only.

Agree with that.

We'd still finish higher ;)

Also;

Mourinho would improve any club results wise, I'd argue that case with anyone. Absolute miracle that he won the Champions League with not just Porto, but Inter Milan too.

If Mourinho went to the mackems for 6 years, he'd win 3 Cups, have them in Europe, and have promoted the area well enough to make Sunderland the tourist capital of the North of England. Genius.

Pellegrini looks about 90, and with a £400m squad, wants locking up for losing against shite like CSKA Moscow and the toon for that matter.

Mourinho would improve any club results wise, I'd argue that case with anyone. Absolute miracle that he won the Champions League with not just Porto, but Inter Milan too.

If Mourinho went to the mackems for 6 years, he'd win 3 Cups, have them in Europe, and have promoted the area well enough to make Sunderland the tourist capital of the North of England. Genius.

Pellegrini looks about 90, and with a £400m squad, wants locking up for losing against shite like CSKA Moscow and the toon for that matter.

Yup.

Think Man C will get the bloke at Athletico next year.

Liverpool won the CL with a canny shit team. It's the leveller in cup competitions. Unlike the league the best team doesn't always win. The year Porto won it loads of big clubs crashed out early. Didn't they have Monaco in the final?

Not saying he isn't a good manager but is he really the special one? I'd like to see him take on a proper challenge one where he didn't have a bucket load of cash to spend. Turning around a sleeping giant, like us. If he did take over someone like Sunderland that had gone years without silver wear and win things then yeah, I'd say he's special.

As it stands, he's a first class defensive coach who wins trophies by making his teams difficult to beat, he's a media master and the best at the mind games since Fergie. But he's always had plenty of cash to throw at getting flair players in since Porto. Benitez winning the CL with Liverpool is arguably more impressive than him winning it with Inter.

By the same logic Messi isn't that special either. Of course he can do it playing with some of the world's best but until he's done it on a wet Wednesday night in Stoke with Gouffran and Obertan providing the service then the jury is out.