The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’m only watched it on and off when it started to get interesting as wickets were tumbling but it looked to me like Pakistan knew they couldn’t win and threw in the towel, the Woakes delivery opening ball aside, which was a Jaffa that looked like it hit a crack 

32 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

We need to fill the team with batsmen with "oo" in their name, they seem to be  pretty good ones: Gooch, Cook, Root, Brook.

With the proviso that no Mackems or Brummies ever be allowed in the commentary booth.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

With the proviso that no Mackems or Brummies ever be allowed in the commentary booth.

Aye, Gewch, Cewk, Rewt and Brewk just wouldn't cut it.

5 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Stokes not in great form with the bat atm. Just looking at his recent games for club and country and he's not scored higher than 2 in 50% of his last 16 innings.

He hasn't played for months, so perhaps not surprising that he fails in Pakistan.  

• Like 1

Pitch is a bit of a pisstake mind. Recycled from the previous match which is pretty unprecedented. Then heavily watered and then dried out with industrial dryers. I know-same for both teams. I think they’ll be about 100 runs short. As you could see wickets falling in a heap 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

another two failures from HowZak

He averages about 32/33 in first class cricket. He’s arguably over performing as his average is the same in tests. But they want two openers to come in and smash it around. I’ve never really agreed with it but when it comes off it’s spectacular. Dan Lawrence has a significantly poorer test record and he seems to be the closest to fitting the bill as an alternative 

12 hours ago, Alex said:

Pitch is a bit of a pisstake mind. Recycled from the previous match which is pretty unprecedented. Then heavily watered and then dried out with industrial dryers. I know-same for both teams. I think they’ll be about 100 runs short. As you could see wickets falling in a heap 

Can see there being "problems" with Rawalpindi next week, so they need to play the third test on the same pitch. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobinRobin said:

Can see there being "problems" with Rawalpindi next week, so they need to play the third test on the same pitch. :) 

Nah, I think the industrial dryers are already en route 

I don't particularly have a problem with the pitch selection tbh, home teams perogative (and they all set it up to home advantage) I do think though that the toss is outmoded and, to counter pitch doctoring advantage, the visiting team should get the choice bat/bowl as default.

It also helps if you catch the fucking ball.

India getting a pasting off the Kiwis, current NZ not out batsmen Ravindra (has scored a ton) and Patel 😳😂

Edited by Toonpack