The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some fantastic cricket played yesterday. Can't believe how easily that target was chased down. Struggling to believe it was chased down at all tbh.

Yeah. Saw that too. 350 with 6 overs to spare. Must have been a hell of a game. ODI cricket is mental lately.

It's great because it was in danger of losing out to T/20 and it's a superior format I reckon.

It's great because it was in danger of losing out to T/20 and it's a superior format I reckon.

Yeah definitely. T20 is responsible for livening up all forms of cricket but the longer formats of the game should always remain more important.

Yeah definitely. T20 is responsible for livening up all forms of cricket but the longer formats of the game should always remain more important.

Aye, T20 should get loads of credit for taking the game to the next level. I'm just pleased to see the revival of 'proper' one day cricket.

I couldn't make it unfortunately. Would've loved to have gone. Not least to get a look at your gorgeous visage, obviously ;)

Well after standing in the rain for 2hours with no sign of it abating I decided to take a walk home. When the game started again I thought I'd watch how the game progressed and possibly have a walk back down the ground. 4 wickets for nowt later I decided to stay in the house.

Bad choice

Kumar retiring from test cricket this summer.

A true all time great and right up there with Lara and Sachin as the best I've seen in my lifetime.

Yep. He's a great player but I wouldn't put him on Lara or Tendulkar's level. I think his average has been slightly skewed by playing so many games at home on batsmen friendly pitches as well as a disproportionate no. of games against Bangaladesh, who are still developing as a test nation. Take nothing away from Sanga though. He's a brilliant player in line with the likes of Ponting and Kallis as the best player of his generation.

I just think Lara and the Little Master are a step above that in terms of outright ability. In terms of importance to their side though Sanga is right up there.

Yep. He's a great player but I wouldn't put him on Lara or Tendulkar's level. I think his average has been slightly skewed by playing so many games at home on batsmen friendly pitches as well as a disproportionate no. of games against Bangaladesh, who are still developing as a test nation. Take nothing away from Sanga though. He's a brilliant player in line with the likes of Ponting and Kallis as the best player of his generation.

I just think Lara and the Little Master are a step above that in terms of outright ability. In terms of importance to their side though Sanga is right up there.

Balance that against the amount of times he kept wicket too though.

Mad that he won't really be missed this time around in the ashes either - I'm not even sure he'd start with the form of the other Aussie quicks. He was the pick of their bowlers last time they toured.