The 1 best albums inspired by drugz.

Park Life

99d92078-68f1-416a-a64d-852f681b0aaa-460

Quite like this one...

David Bowie, 1976

An obsession with the occult and Nietzsche; a fusion of US funk with the sounds of the German electronic underground – the Thin White Duke’s 1976 album has so much more going for it than its reputation for cocaine derangement. But that reputation is pretty justified. It’s in the lyrics – ‘It’s not the side-effects of the cocaine/ I’m thinking that it must be love’ runs the title track, disingenuously – it’s in the heavy, clenched-jaw rhythms, the flamboyance, the numbness, in the elegant evil of Bowie’s final persona.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/35259-the-10-best-albums-inspired-by-drugz/

Edited by Park Life

Sky Arts is a goldmine for progammes like that and the classic album series.

Aye, it is. One of the Sky Arts channels is more high brow with opera and the like and the other one is more stuff like the doc I was on about.

I would imagine the early Gong albums were made under the influence with titles like Flying Teapot, Radio Gnome Invisible & Pot Head Pixies.

Photos of Steve Hillage from back then are a bit of a giveaway too.

Loved Hillages solo stuff seen him a few times in the 70s at the City Hall. He did one show where there was only downstairs seating as the show was in quadrophonic a new thing in the 70s.

Loved Hillages solo stuff seen him a few times in the 70s at the City Hall. He did one show where there was only downstairs seating as the show was in quadrophonic a new thing in the 70s.

I like his solo stuff and some Gong stuff too but I really love the techno/ambient stuff (which incorporates his brilliant guitar work) that he has done with his lass in System 7. Seen them a couple of times, most recently at some festival in N. Yorks about 3 years ago.