Three things you would do if you won the Lottery.

Park Life

'In 2002, Michael Carroll won the U.K.'s National Lottery, netting a £9.7 million (U.S. $15.8 million) boost for his bank account. By 2012, however, the former garbage collector was living on public benefits, having squandered the money in myriad ways.

Carroll purchased -- and then destroyed -- a mansion, threw lavish parties for friends and made a daily habit of smoking $3,000 worth of crack cocaine. He also bought pricey cars, wrecked them on the self-made "race track" circling the grounds of his mansion and then left them to rust on the property's outskirts. A fair amount of his lotto payment went to prostitutes and overstated gold jewelry, and he developed a penchant for drinking alcohol and then driving around the otherwise quiet streets of Norfolk, England. The disturbances occurred on such a predictable basis, a hotline was established so neighbors could report Carroll to the local council.

Eventually, financial shortfalls forced Carroll to sell the mansion at a loss and he was later caught leaving a grocery market without paying for the sandwich and drink he grabbed off store shelves. The $17 items ended up costing him nearly $138 in court costs.

"I only started to think about three things -- drugs, sex and gold," lamented Carroll after his downfall. "The dealer who introduced me to crack has more of my lotto money than I do"

'In 2002, Michael Carroll won the U.K.'s National Lottery, netting a £9.7 million (U.S. $15.8 million) boost for his bank account. By 2012, however, the former garbage collector was living on public benefits, having squandered the money in myriad ways.

Carroll purchased -- and then destroyed -- a mansion, threw lavish parties for friends and made a daily habit of smoking $3,000 worth of crack cocaine. He also bought pricey cars, wrecked them on the self-made "race track" circling the grounds of his mansion and then left them to rust on the property's outskirts. A fair amount of his lotto payment went to prostitutes and overstated gold jewelry, and he developed a penchant for drinking alcohol and then driving around the otherwise quiet streets of Norfolk, England. The disturbances occurred on such a predictable basis, a hotline was established so neighbors could report Carroll to the local council.

Eventually, financial shortfalls forced Carroll to sell the mansion at a loss and he was later caught leaving a grocery market without paying for the sandwich and drink he grabbed off store shelves. The $17 items ended up costing him nearly $138 in court costs.

"I only started to think about three things -- drugs, sex and gold," lamented Carroll after his downfall. "The dealer who introduced me to crack has more of my lotto money than I do"

sounds awesome. i'd probably go out like that

Buy property in London, Hong Kong and New York, then rent out

Open a pub with a small (150/300 cap) theatre upstairs

Invent new and unusual ways to make Mike Ashley's life a torment the like of which only Dante has seen.

I'd buy some of those neat Marty McFly Nike's and pay two peasant chumps to carry me around on a de-wheeled skateboard, making the humming hoverboard noise for me.

Invest in hoverboard technology.

Pay Rachel Riley to come round my house and just be nice to me when I'm down, because prostitution is wrong. And then we would fall in love and watch Countdown together :wub:

Upon hearing the news, I would spontaneously and violently, shit my pants in disbelief. Then, immediately blow it all on suits and high-class prostitutes.

I was going to say "I hope you'd change your pants first", but when you've got that much money I suppose it wouldn't matter.

if we're talking euro millions, i'd give a mill each to my close group of friends/direct family, then move to the states.

Here's some money, now I'm fucking off from the lot of ya!

:lol:

Crack Cocaine and high class hookers seems a good way to go. Not really interested in the jewellery so I guess the third thing I'd go for would be to travel around the world to places where I could find high class hookers and crack cocaine. After watching the wolf of wall street, one of the places I'd definitely visit would be South Africa as it's apparently the only place you can still get Quaaludes and they look awesome.

I would be well boring. I would buy a nice house and pay off mortgage on current one and rent out. I would look to buy property to rent out as a small percentage of the winnings. I would put some in trust for when the kids go to university in case of tuition fees. I would put 2 million in Norwegian bonds as a failsafe in case anything went wrong. I would invest some in low yield low risk investments. I would also have a nice holiday or 20.

I would be well boring. I would buy a nice house and pay off mortgage on current one and rent out. I would look to buy property to rent out as a small percentage of the winnings. I would put some in trust for when the kids go to university in case of tuition fees. I would put 2 million in Norwegian bonds as a failsafe in case anything went wrong. I would invest some in low yield low risk investments. I would also have a nice holiday or 20.

missionary is your favourite position isn't it?

1. I would commence a national programme of reappropriating large unused inner city properties to centres for the housing, education, employment and general assistance of the homeless/neglected in our society.

2. I would develop a hotel in a remote part of the Lakes and establish it as a haven for disconnecting from modern life (no mobiles, no internet, one land line, £100 if you want to use it).

3. I would buy an original Salvador Dali painting, if an appropriate one ever came to market.