Is a top 10 finish realistic after the poor tranafer window ?

accadacca

Dont think so myself.

Would be astonished if finished above any of the top 7 of last season, whilst Swansea, So'ton, Stoke and even Hull look stronger.

The only teams I'd put the house on finishing above are Burnley, Leicester, WBA, Palace and WHU.

And even that would be dodgy if one or 2 of the centrbacks gets injured which given recent seasons, is always a possibility. :blush2:

Don't underestimate how average the league is. We could finish anywhere between 8-20, though 14-18 is most likely given the poor climax to the transfer window.

I think you might be underestimating the likes of Swansea, Southampton { who have made some decent signings following the break up of last season's team} and possibly even Stoke and Hull. YES, not world beaters by any stretch of the imagination, but decent teams nonetheless.

Does anybody care anymore? A season in the.championship was more fun tbh.

Where I'm at to be honest. Already waiting for the next transfer window, even though all signs suggest we'll once again enjoy nothing but disappointment.

Does anybody care anymore? A season in the.championship was more fun tbh.

It was with Houghton aye. Pardew's demonstrated several times he can't beat lower league opposition either.

It seems pretty likely that regardless of the ability of our players, we have a clueless manager and a massive problem in terms of self belief (we've barely won a game this year don't forget).

We need a dramatic change in order for us to get even into the top ten and that means removing Pardew and replacing him with someone compitent who can get the players we have going and managing to get Ashley to spend the required amount on a new striker and centreback in January.

Personally I don't see that happening so I think a relegation battle is more likely at the minute.