Newcastle United vs Crystal Palace

Tom

He's more blaming the players than the fans there, surely?

What so the crowd were screaming "GET A FOURTH" "WE WANT FOUR, WE WANT FOUR"? No. The crowd wanted the 3 points, not a fourth Alan, wanker. The crowd got lively because we went ahead from behind. Like any crowd anywhere would. If you throw away winning position it's because we're a disorganised shambles of a team with a shit manager, not because we got caught up with the crowd.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What so the crowd were screaming "GET A FOURTH" "WE WANT FOUR, WE WANT FOUR"? No. The crowd wanted the 3 points, not a fourth Alan, wanker. The crowd got lively because we went ahead from behind. Like any crowd anywhere would. If you throw away winning position it's because we're a disorganised shambles of a team with a shit manager, not because we got caught up with the crowd.

Where in any quote did he criticise the fans? He was saying the players got caught up in the atmosphere, implying that they shouldn't have. He's blaming the players, not the fans.

Where in any quote did he criticise the fans? He was saying the players got caught up in the atmosphere, implying that they shouldn't have. He's blaming the players, not the fans.

He's suggesting that the crowd wanted a 4th instead of seeing out the win and the players got carried away with it. Instead of blaming himself. Boring apologist

He's suggesting that the crowd wanted a 4th instead of seeing out the win and the players got carried away with it. Instead of blaming himself. Boring apologist

I took it as "we got wrapped up in the crowd, trying to get a fourth"...As in, the crowd was loud and we got carried away then started trying to get a fourth. Don't know for sure which one, but either way, it's still not a criticism of the fans. I don't really have an issue with him blaming the players (even though he said "we got carried away") because they are the ones on the pitch and they also have responsibility. And I wouldn't be apologising for Pardew if people didn't use such trivial reasons to get overly emotional about him. Be annoyed at him for picking Gouffran over Aarons, be annoyed him for leaving us vulnerable at the back with two attacking full backs and no defensive midfielder, not about a standard post-match comment which doesn't really mean anything.

I took it as "we got wrapped up in the crowd, trying to get a fourth"...As in, the crowd was loud and we got carried away then started trying to get a fourth. Don't know for sure which one, but either way, it's still not a criticism of the fans. I don't really have an issue with him blaming the players (even though he said "we got carried away") because they are the ones on the pitch and they also have responsibility. And I wouldn't be apologising for Pardew if people didn't use such trivial reasons to get overly emotional about him. Be annoyed at him for picking Gouffran over Aarons, be annoyed him for leaving us vulnerable at the back with two attacking full backs and no defensive midfielder, not about a standard post-match comment which doesn't really mean anything.

No, I will get annoyed at his post match comments. Because whilst he's looking for excuses like 'carried away wif the crowd' he's not taking a long hard look at his selection, formation and tactics. If you think his post match comments justified the display today then that's fine, you're obviously employed by the club in one form or another or just a 12 year old.

No, I will get annoyed at his post match comments. Because whilst he's looking for excuses like 'carried away wif the crowd' he's not taking a long hard look at his selection, formation and tactics. If you think his post match comments justified the display today then that's fine, you're obviously employed by the club in one form or another or just a 12 year old.

How many managers come out after a match and talk about who they shouldn't have played, which formation they should've used and an analysis of our tactical performance. He may or may not take a long hard look at all of those things (probably not) but his post match comments aren't really indicative of that.

I haven't even looked at his post-match comments. I couldn't tell you if they were justified or not. IMO, it's a pointless thing to get upset about.

How many managers come out after a match and talk about who they shouldn't have played, which formation they should've used and an analysis of our tactical performance. He may or may not take a long hard look at all of those things (probably not) but his post match comments aren't really indicative of that.

I haven't even looked at his post-match comments. I couldn't tell you if they were justified or not. IMO, it's a pointless thing to get upset about.

There's plenty of managers out there that shoulder the blame for their teams performances, without picking out bullshit excuses. It's not a pointless thing to get worked up about. I straight up don't like the guy, everything he says gets on my fucking nerves. He's a slimey sniveling arrogant pig headed cunt of a man. His post match interviews enforce that view and I'm entitled to have an opinion on them.

I got dragged in to hospital at half time, but we were the better team first half and we need to improve our set pieces. 8 corners in the first half and not one dangerous one. Also I think we should be slightly more direct and Pardew should pipe down. I have jacked going to SJP. 23 years I had a season ticket, I won't ever go back. I'm not a clueless part time fan with no knowledge, I'm as passionate and knowledgeable as a large portion, but I'm sick of Ashley, Pardew, and the likes of Steve Stone. The club is stagnant, and they get support beyond belief. 51000 and 49800 knowing tens of thousands of people like me have snapped with that fat bastard and grey headed fucking thick cunt. Truly I'm finished till they're both gone.

Frankly, I have no idea where the 7 minutes stoppage time came from, perhaps that's just the Ref's lucky number.

Riviere is not impressing me as striker, and if Pardoo keeps playing him as a lone striker I doubt he'll ever amount to much.

I thought DeJong was pretty much anonymous and didn't stamp his mark on the game as I was expecting.

Cabello overall was disappointing, a shadow of what we've seen, but he did do better in the second half, but not enough.

Gouffran works really hard but accomplishes very little.

Sissoko is like a yo-yo, up & down, good stuff - bad stuff.

Haidara certainly better than Dumbit, has a lot to offer going forward.

Colo had a very good game with one or two lapses.

Aarons is exciting to watch and should start.

I will not achieve some sort of inner peace until Pardoo vacates St. James'

Couldn't care less about Ashley, he's not the one choosing the starting line-up, electing who plays where, or making substitutions.

There was a fishy smell about SJP this morning and it was the club, rotting from the head. Pardew must go, he's been done since the first time we lost 0-3 to the mackems and he's never ever looked in control since that match. Hopefully we will soon see the return of the charged atmosphere from the Cardiff match - fiercely supportive of the team, fiercely critical of the muppet nominally in charge of it.

Cabella was useless, Gouffran doesn't even deserve a mention, de Jong contributed nothing at all, Riviere barely had a sniff, the defence was out of sorts all game and Colo is definitely on the wane. It took an 18-year-old to inject any sort of energy into us and despite a brilliant showing from the young lad, he'll not be able to do that every game.

If we're relying on Riviere and Cisse to score our goals, we are utterly fucked, and if something doesn't change soon, we're in for a winter of discontent. Relegation is not out of the question.

What does that even mean you stalking faggot?

:lol: do you not remember the comic relief song The Stonk? (Let's Stonk, to the rhythm of the honky tonk, stick a red nose on your conk, aaaaaand let's Stonk - absolute classic as you can see).

Anyway there was a bit in that where they used some footage of George Bush Sr where he said "Read my lips... No. More. Taxes" and changed it to "... I'm. A. Stonker."

It was a long shot that anyone would get it tbf. I'm probably the only person in the world for whom "Read my lips" will always elicit that specific pavlovian response. :lol: Bit disappointed in @@Meenzer though if I'm honest. Anyway enough of this chatter, let's stonk.

Hale And Pace And The Stonkers The Stonk:

Edited by Gemmill

I thought there were actually some nice passages of play, without ever actually threatening the goal. De Jong and Riviere both seem to prefer hold up play rather than make space and look for the through ball. With those kind of players you need someone looking to run past people all the time, Cabella seemed a bit hesitant to do this yesterday. Dont know whether thats him still adjusting to the league or he's been told not to do so by Pardew so stop him from becoming the next Ben Arfa. 'Selfish play' he'd call it.

And Haidara is infinitely better than Dummet at LB.

All academic though considering the level of our defending, and the fact we've got boot licking thickheaded dim wits for manager and coach.

:lol: do you not remember the comic relief song The Stonk? (Let's Stonk, to the rhythm of the honky tonk, stick a red nose on your conk, aaaaaand let's Stonk - absolute classic as you can see).

Anyway there was a bit in that where they used some footage of George Bush Sr where he said "Read my lips... No. More. Taxes" and changed it to "... I'm. A. Stonker."

It was a long shot that anyone would get it tbf. I'm probably the only person in the world for whom "Read my lips" will always elicit that specific pavlovian response. :lol: Bit disappointed in @@Meenzer though if I'm honest. Anyway enough of this chatter, let's stonk.

Hale And Pace And The Stonkers The Stonk:

:lol:

niche as fuck that, although my obscure references are often completely ignored on here so fair play.

I thought there were actually some nice passages of play, without ever actually threatening the goal. De Jong and Riviere both seem to prefer hold up play rather than make space and look for the through ball. With those kind of players you need someone looking to run past people all the time, Cabella seemed a bit hesitant to do this yesterday. Dont know whether thats him still adjusting to the league or he's been told not to do so by Pardew so stop him from becoming the next Ben Arfa. 'Selfish play' he'd call it.

And Haidara is infinitely better than Dummet at LB.

All academic though considering the level of our defending, and the fact we've got boot licking thickheaded dim wits for manager and coach.

Ben Arfa would eat up that opportunity. As would Aarons imo

:lol: I'd have been all over that if I'd seen it in time. Nice to see you, to see you STONK!