Earth.

wolfy

Wolfy, you mention the mars rover again. Can you explain why your predictions of that have been completely wrong? We can forget your forfeit because you clearly haven't any honour when it comes to bets, but feel free to make some more predictions if you like just for the giggles.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My head is perfectly clear.

Explain terminal velocity, in terms of denpressure, to me.

Well, considering he doesn't accept two objects of different mass have the same gravitational acceleration, good luck with that.

Wolfy, do you believe in atoms and molecules now? Seem quite important for the theory of denpessure. You didn't believe in them 2 years ago, so that's a canny major change in your belief system.

Well, considering he doesn't accept two objects of different mass have the same gravitational acceleration, good luck with that.

Wolfy, do you believe in atoms and molecules now? Seem quite important for the theory of denpessure. You didn't believe in them 2 years ago, so that's a canny major change in your belief system.

:D

No one has gone to more effort on this thread than wolfy though. He has in excess of 8000 posts on the flat earth forum where he is constantly ridiculed for his bizarre beliefs. Difficult as it is to accept, I think he truly believes he is a free thinking genius who is the only person on the planet who understands the nature of the universe.

Monkeys Fist, on 08 Jul 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

My head is perfectly clear.

Explain terminal velocity, in terms of denpressure, to me.

Quite east to explain. It's all about density/mass displacing the atmosphere under it.

For instance: Imagine you fall out of a plane HORIZONTALLY and your body pushes through the resistance of air under you, your body will fall into thicker and thicker air pressure as you come down, which exerts more push against you the further you go down. There will come a point where your body cannot push through that air any faster, which would be your terminal velocity only for your horizonal push.

If you were to adjust your body so your head faces down, you then push the air below you away more easily due to the fact that you made your body less of an area for the for the air under you to act on, therefore you now achieve another terminal velocity when the resistance matches your push.

The top and bottom of it is simple. Terminal velocity is only relevant for the object pushing through it. The more dense it is, the faster it will push through. The more area something displays, the more it will meet resistance.

Gravity is a lie.

Wolfy, you mention the mars rover again. Can you explain why your predictions of that have been completely wrong? We can forget your forfeit because you clearly haven't any honour when it comes to bets, but feel free to make some more predictions if you like just for the giggles.

I make predictions with football matches and get loads wrong. It happens, Renton. It happens.

I make predictions with football matches and get loads wrong. It happens, Renton. It happens.

Well of course but you pretended it didn't and ignored your forfeit (in fact you have got much worse).

You were very adamant NASA would detect the remains of advanced life on mars though. They haven't. So, in your opinion, what are NASA's motives here now? In fact, you can apply this to the whole conspiracy. Who are they, and what is their motive? Surely you agree this is an important question worthy of investigation?

Quite east to explain. It's all about density/mass displacing the atmosphere under it.

For instance: Imagine you fall out of a plane HORIZONTALLY and your body pushes through the resistance of air under you, your body will fall into thicker and thicker air pressure as you come down, which exerts more push against you the further you go down. There will come a point where your body cannot push through that air any faster, which would be your terminal velocity only for your horizonal push.

If you were to adjust your body so your head faces down, you then push the air below you away more easily due to the fact that you made your body less of an area for the for the air under you to act on, therefore you now achieve another terminal velocity when the resistance matches your push.

The top and bottom of it is simple. Terminal velocity is only relevant for the object pushing through it. The more dense it is, the faster it will push through. The more area something displays, the more it will meet resistance.

Gravity is a lie.

So if something is small and light enough, it'll never hit the ground?

Perpetual flight- sorted.

Agreed?

Gravity is a lie.

So you weigh more at sea level? Shouldn't climbing Everest be a piece of piss if you weigh less?

Also your saying your weight is dependent on posture. I'll try that on the scales later.

Well of course but you pretended it didn't and ignored your forfeit (in fact you have got much worse).

You were very adamant NASA would detect the remains of advanced life on mars though. They haven't. So, in your opinion, what are NASA's motives here now? In fact, you can apply this to the whole conspiracy. Who are they, and what is their motive? Surely you agree this is an important question worthy of investigation?

No I didn't. I said they would make a load of crap up that they found an organism. I was wrong with the timing. I believe they will still come out with it though. It's all about timing with these people, as far as I'm concerned.

It's coming.

Monkeys Fist, on 08 Jul 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

So if something is small and light enough, it'll never hit the ground?

Perpetual flight- sorted.

Agreed?

Anything with more density than the atmosphere it is in will fall back to the ground by displacing that atmosphere under it. To get any dense matter into a less denser atmosphere, takes energy. We do that with planes or even throwing a ball, etc.

Anything the atmosphere can push up, will stay up, as in lighter elements like helium, hydrogen.

No perpetual flight of any kind.

Edited by wolfy

No I didn't. I said they would make a load of crap up that they found an organism. I was wrong with the timing. I believe they will still come out with it though. It's all about timing with these people, as far as I'm concerned.

It's coming.

So you can't predict jack shit. There's a surprise.

So you weigh more at sea level? Shouldn't climbing Everest be a piece of piss if you weigh less?

Also your saying your weight is dependent on posture. I'll try that on the scales later.

At the start of an Everest climb, your body is acclimatised to the pressure. Once you exert your energy by pushing the atmospheric pressure out of the way on that climb, your body weakens. The higher you go, the lesser pressure....but...the more your body has to compensate for that by taking in more air, by breathing faster and harder, which weakens you even more. It's action/reaction in equal terms. Action always has to start before reaction comes into it to equalise and it's like that for every motion.

You weight is determined by the air pressure put on your body, nothing more than thatl. You weigh nothing. Your weight is determined by that pressure like everything else is. I explained this way back in this topic.

Anything with more density than the atmosphere it is in, will fall back to the ground by displacing that atmosphere udner it. To get any dense matter into a less denser atmosphere, takes energy. We do that with planes or even throwing a ball, etc.

Anything the atmosphere can push up, will stay up, as in lighter elements like helium, hydrogen.

No perpetual flight of any kind.

What about a man with a parachute. Is he less heavy? Why doesn't denpressure push him down faster? He is virtually the same density as a man free falling.

At the start of an Everest climb, your body is acclimatised to the pressure. Once you exert your energy by pushing the atmospheric pressure out of the way on that climb, your body weakens. The higher you go, the lesser pressure....but...the more your body has to compensate for that by taking in more air, by breathing faster and harder, which weakens you even more. It's action/reaction in equal terms. Action always has to start before reaction comes into it to equalise and it's like that for every motion.

You weight is determined by the air pressure put on your body, nothing more than thatl. You weigh nothing. Your weight is determined by that pressure like everything else is. I explained this way back in this topic.

So to clarify, the air pressure on top of Everest is about 35% it is at sea level. So if I bring my scales I will only weigh 30kg rather than my usual 90 kg then?

So to clarify, the air pressure on top of Everest is about 35% it is at sea level. So if I bring my scales I will only weigh 30kg rather than my usual 90 kg then?

No, because your scales are built at sea level, so they already carry sea level pressure upon them. They are calibrated to that level. For instance, there is already around 15 psi upon the scales.

If you were to take a set of scales up the mountain and set them to zero, then you would weigh slightly less because there is less pressure on the scale plate.

No, because your scales are built at sea level, so they already carry sea level pressure upon them. They are calibrated to that level. For instance, there is already around 15 psi upon the scales.

If you were to take a set of scales up the mountain and set them to zero, then you would weigh slightly less because there is less pressure on the scale plate.

Slightly less? There's only a third of the pressure at 9000 metres. Wouldn't this be very obvious, or is denpressure not directly proportional to what we sheeple perceive as weight?

Slightly less? There's only a third of the pressure at 9000 metres. Wouldn't this be very obvious, or is denpressure not directly proportional to what we sheeple perceive as weight?

Your body will also undergo change too, so that has to be factored in. Maybe taking a lead bar up will show better results as it is much more resistant to change at that height and is very dense.

I haven't climbed everest, so I can hardly give out figures.

Sorry to interrupt here, but wolfy has more than established his credentials as a fucking idiot at this stage. Getting him to elaborate on his already stupid ideas with further made-up fuckwittery is a waste of everyone's time, including wolfy's.

Although admittedly wolfy's time is of very little value.

So yeah, let's stop.

Your body will also undergo change too, so that has to be factored in. Maybe taking a lead bar up will show better results as it is much more resistant to change at that height and is very dense.

I haven't climbed everest, so I can hardly give out figures.

Many people have though, and they haven't mentioned this phenomenon of weighing less or inflating like a balloon. Edited by Renton