Florida suggestions please

catmag

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying that, I've not used the pre-paid cards before. I'm not keen on the idea of carrying a wad of cash over there either so that might be the way to go. Thanks - I'll have a look at that too.

Best off using credit cards. Even to withdraw from machines over there..

There's no fee for cash withdrawals, though you'll be charged interest at a fairly low 12.9% representative APR until you pay it off in full. So it works out at about £1/month for each £100 withdrawn (if you get this APR).

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-travel-money

...just realised that might sound like I mean ANY credit card. It has to be one of a few specific ones. Please read the linked article and don't go withdrawing cash on any old plastic, some of them will have your eyes.

Any suggestions for where has the best exchange rate for $$ at the moment?

I hear CSD and KCG do a great tobacco/semen exchange at the minute, otherwise just go with one of the main supermarkets/travel agents etc.

Cheers peeps. Virgin Atlantic has a decent rate and I can add to my air miles through them too.

Check their rate against Travelex. BA used to offer decent rates for their Exec club members but if you went to order them it turned out it was through Travelex and on checking Travelex's own online rate was better. Although Virgin probably do it through their own banking arm, would check the Virgin money rate as well though.

Last time I went over there, Ramsdens of all people, were the best rate. The Mrs wasn't happy going in there to collect it mind.

Edited by Toonpack

Check their rate against Travelex. BA used to offer decent rates for their Exec club members but if you went to order them it turned out it was through Travelex and on checking Travelex's own online rate was better. Although Virgin probably do it through their own banking arm, would check the Virgin money rate as well though.

Last time I went over there, Ramsdens of all people, were the best rate. The Mrs wasn't happy going in there to collect it mind.

:lol:

I found a list of the top 10 $ exchange sites earlier and one of them was something along the lines of weswapcash.com

Mint.

You're blatantly more excited than he will be mind ;)

I think that was obvious the minute he shut the scrapbook and said "Can I carry on playing with my Electro figure now?" :glare::lol:

lol the video/your friends comments were quality.

hard for a book to compete with spiderman at the time, come travel time though it'll be like xmas eve, bouncing off walls with excitement :)

Last night he asked me if it would be sunny all the time. When I said yes he asked if we could have barbecues with just sausages on them :lol:

He's definitely a one-off. Not unlike The Fish :razz: (Electro was the only figure he didn't have, hence he got it for his birthday, shithead!)

I tried to steer him towards Batman being better than spiderman as well :lol:

Batman is much better but that will become apparent as he matures*.

*then stops maturing and enjoys being a manchild for the rest of his life.

Train to, and hotel at Manchester airport booked. Tentative arrangements made with manc-mag for dinner the night before we fly but we'll see ;) It's all starting to come together...

lol so basically you'll be having dinner somewhere and Sammy will just appear out of nowhere :D

Now that you've witnessed it, you understand. But he never lets me down :D

• 2 weeks later...

lol so basically you'll be having dinner somewhere and Sammy will just appear out of nowhere :D

And that's exactly what happened :lol: The lovely, beardy boy drove out to the airport for a quick drink and a catch-up at our hotel before disappearing into the night. Who knows where he will appear next?

Anyway, this has come around quickly. We've been awake since daft o'clock, so we're off to have breakfast, watch some planes and then jet off to sunnier climes :)

Enjoy your holiday! Btw, I'm told that if you shout "Andy's coming!" to any of the Toy Story characters, they have to drop lifeless to the floor and lie there. I would get a lot of value out of that if I was you.

Enjoy your holiday! Btw, I'm told that if you shout "Andy's coming!" to any of the Toy Story characters, they have to drop lifeless to the floor and lie there. I would get a lot of value out of that if I was you.

I hope that's true.

I hope that's true.

Hate to piss on the proverbial chips, but apparently it happened so often, that since Toy Story 3 they've been told to reply

" Andy's at college".

Boo hiss Disney!

Have fun Cath

Hate to piss on the proverbial chips, but apparently it happened so often, that since Toy Story 3 they've been told to reply

" Andy's at college".

Boo hiss Disney!

Have fun Cath

Then he'll definitely be coming. Amiright?

I apologise for the shoe-horned masturbation joke.