Went on one of the spurs match day threads. The meltdown was almost rtg level. They absolutely wanted to finish over arsenal. :lol:

:lol: Aye of course they did, as did the players must be sick to death of being the 'lesser' player when the Arsenal boys get into the nightclubs, a finish above Arsenal would have meant they were the big dogs in London for a season and all the fanny that comes with that.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that including the freaky pressures off we're relegated spurs game.

As I've said to Fish, the use of stats is pretty meaningless in this scenario. I'm pretty sure a decent striker in January would have made more of a difference to results than a decent left back.

Course it is, that's because they prove you're talking out your arse again.

What you hope might happen what is likely to happen

Course it is, that's because they prove you're talking out your arse again.

What you hope might happen what is likely to happen

Listen numb nuts.

You think we'd have been better off with a left back in January. I wanted a striker.

No stats can prove how things would have turned out either way.

Listen numb nuts.

You think we'd have been better off with a left back in January. I wanted a striker.

No stats can prove how things would have turned out either way.

Well not really because;

• Stats can prove that scoring goals wasn't our biggest problem and, instead, conceding goals was our biggest problem.
  • Stats can also prove that you get more points for a 0-0 than you do for a 4-3 loss.
  • Stats can prove that the worst defences are, more often than not, the teams that are relegated and
  • Stats can show that teams who score freely can still go down if their defence isn't up to much cop.

You're fixating on a left back, but I'm pretty sure I said defence was the priority. We've signed 2 defenders for the 1st team in 6 windows, when it's been clear for years that our defence was weak. I mean it's ludicrous that we've had 1 (one) 1st team Left Back who's missed nearly 50% of his games through injury (63/c133), but the whole defence has been our weakest area for years. Especially when you consider we've been happy to spend £24m on left wingers when it's never really been a priority.

Edited by The Fish

Everyone on the forum bar CT was saying we only needed a left back in January. CT will be able to back this up with quotes.

sticks in the craw to hear him talk about the benefit for the city when then club have been so averse to working with the council, mps & supporters.

But, we'll move on in hope ashley can.

Fish is bang on - we don't buy defenders because they aren't likely to increase their resell value.

We need defenders - how you can say we did ok when we were playing Colback and Anita as wide defenders is beyond me.