Football is shit.

The only joy to be had is taking the piss these days. I know social workers who devote their lives to helping others and effectively live like paupers. These selfish, arrogant wankers live in insane, affluent opulence for absolute mediocrity in an incredibly trivial pursuit. Mike Ashley is the thick end of the wedge in what has become an industry of occasional entertainment and continuous greed. It is shit. I can't imagine ever going to see live PL football again. I think Ashley will own Newcastle when he is a 150 year old brain in a jar, his motivation to stay alive being twofold; become the richest cunt on Earth and stick it to those nasty Geordies year in year out.

Edited by trophyshy

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Critical thinking is not in the nature of our support. :razz: I don't know why that's worn as a badge of honour tbh. When fans club together and take action against dodgy owners and regimes, there's something about that to admire. When they just turn up every week for their regular arse fucking, I'm sorry but I don't see how that's anything to be proud of.

Don't really disagree tbh, I'd had a few last night and the way ADPs post was phrased was pretty unsavoury to say the least when referring to people who are supposed to support the same club. However, there 5.136 billion reasons why going or not going won't make a blind bit of difference. Those with a sky subscription would br better chucking that in tbh it would have more effect.

That just about nails it like. Someone was asking me if I was going to start going back to SJP when I could take the bairns. I realised I had no intention of indoctrinating them and would probably even prefer it if they didn't want to go. I'm not even arsed about them playing. Even at junior level there's everything from the utter cuntery of a large proportion of the knackers watching their bairns to the complete incompetence of those attempting to coach the sides. I'd rather they boxed, played cricket or whatever. It's been taken away from people like Stevie and given to people like CT.

Edit: @@trophyshy

Edited by Alex

It's been taken away from people like Stevie and given to people like CT.

:lol: true.

I'm taking your stance a step further and not having bairns just in case they get into football.

There's a world of football out there for football fans that doesn't involve the premier league like. Gateshead, Blyth and all of the Northern League clubs for a start

I saw NUFC under 18s on Monday night and Blyth v Whitley Bay in the NSC semis last night for the grand total of £5

There's a world of football out there for football fans that doesn't involve the premier league like. Gateshead, Blyth and all of the Northern League clubs for a start

I saw NUFC under 18s on Monday night and Blyth v Whitley Bay in the NSC semis last night for the grand total of £5

I take in a bit of non-league football now and again and I quite enjoy it. It's what I was brought up on anyway really as I watched 100s of games as a kid.

That just about nails it like. Someone was asking me if I was going to start going back to SJP when I could take the bairns. I realised I had no intention of indoctrinating them and would probably even prefer it if they didn't want to go. I'm not even arsed about them playing. Even at junior level there's everything from the utter cuntery of a large proportion of the knackers watching their bairns to the complete incompetence of those attempting to coach the sides. I'd rather they boxed, played cricket or whatever. It's been taken away from people like Stevie and given to people like CT.

Edit: @@trophyshy

Cricket and Boxing are no different at the sharp end? Mayweather posting selfies of himself wanking over $100 notes, the England cricket team filling itself with foreigners at the expense of English lads before the likes of Pieterson fuck it off for the money of the IPL anyway.

The top 10% of football doesn't represent the other 90% of games happening out there. It's still the greatest game on the planet

Cricket and Boxing are no different at the sharp end? Mayweather posting selfies of himself wanking over $100 notes, the England cricket team filling itself with foreigners at the expense of English lads before the likes of Pieterson fuck it off for the money of the IPL anyway.

The top 10% of football doesn't represent the other 90% of games happening out there. It's still the greatest game on the planet

Was on about amateur boxing. As was obvious, surely.

I take in a bit of non-league football now and again and I quite enjoy it. It's what I was brought up on anyway really as I watched 100s of games as a kid.

My involuntary 'break her fucking legs' at my daughters U12 game shocked even me. :lol:

Was on about amateur boxing. As was obvious, surely.

Most footballers start out in amateur football too

Edit- my point being the tits at the sharp end of the game are no reason to steer your kids away from football to another sport, equally full of tits at the sharp end

Edited by TheRollingStones

Gateshead would be great to watch but you're so far from the pitch, and £15 to watch non league football is not something any of us should pay. I went and saw them at the weekend, and they lost against THE worst side I've seen in many years. They had 2 attacks Nuneaton and scored 2 goals.

Edit- my point being the tits at the sharp end of the game are no reason to steer your kids away from football to another sport, equally full of tits at the sharp end

I took the point Alex was making to be that there are too many tits at either end of football.

That wasn't my reasoning though, although I perhaps didn't make that clear. I was talking about two different (but related) things at the same time. Obviously it's slightly moot given my influence on what they will like, want to do is somewhat limited (given I don't want to be the sort of overbearing parent who tries to make them 'love the Toon' or be the next Alan Shearer). I'm not going to encourage their going to the match before they can make informed choices because of the state of the club / top flight football in general. The reasons for not being particular inclined to have them play football competitively at a young age is because of the poor coaching, facilities, fucking fruit loop parents (usually the mothers) and the cliqueness that seems to go hand in hand with the latter. I picked a couple of examples of sports I feel are better options for several reasons but, again, that'll be up to them.

I took the point Alex was making to be that there are too many tits at either end of football.

I disagree.

Pushy dads coaching junior school under 10s isn't the face of amateur football.

Edit- just seen your post above. That's only one side of kids football. There's charter clubs these days that have floodlit 3G to train on and UEFA qualified coaches teaching the kids. It's not all like the school match in Kes anymore, although that's an easy narrative for the media to portray when sticking the boot into why England are so shit

Edited by TheRollingStones