The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to take care of the pennys the pounds will look after themselves. I shudder to think what new signings we actually will make with Charnley's negotiating skills.

I feel confident we will sign someone........somehow.......someday...............but I honestly don't think we will sign any of the players been bandied about in the press.

AFC Bournemouth on the local evening news down here, interview with the excellent Eddie Howe, enthusing about the 6 (SIX!!) new players he's signed before the 1st July :lol:

EDIT: another one for the detention centre....

Edited by PaddockLad

"Newcastle manager Steve McClaren has played down reports linking Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli, 24, with a move to the Tyneside club."

pity i'd happily have him here

...why?

The pelters Ben Arfa got off the crowd for being an inconsistent performer? Can you imagine the shit Balotelli would get?!

Also, he scored 4 goals in 1517 minutes, made no assists and was a stroppy cunt throughout.

he's a great player tbh, just a handful but he'd be our biggest star by a mile which he might actually flourish under

and if he plays regularly and not the half arsed sub apperannces, he scores goals

for AC he was scored something like 12 in 13apps the first season and 14 in 29 or something , it's only that season at liverpool and his last at city where he hasn't had an /OK/ return from what i remember.

They're all the reasons why Liverpool bought him and he has been a massive flop there. He's far too much of a risk and there's nothing to indicate that we're better placed to get more out of him than Brendan Rodgers could.

Balotelli flourishes when he's the main man, when things are set up for him. Cutting in from the left is probably his best position.

Gotta earn the right to be the main man though. Mario, unfortunately, never has.

Imagine how good France could have been if their players weren't as stroppy as they are. :o

I know we're only a couple of days into the transfer window but i've just had a horrible thought. I wonder if Ashley's said to McClaren "see what you can do with what we've got"

I know we're only a couple of days into the transfer window but i've just had a horrible thought. I wonder if Ashley's said to McClaren "see what you can do with what we've got"

:lol: What if he's said to McClaren "paint me like one of your French girls, Steve"? An equally horrible, equally unlikely thought.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic