The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

Personally I think the two biggest problems with signing players is money and the lack of commitment to a transfer. Buying a player involves signalling your intent and making a player feel wanted by the club and selling the club's ambition and plan for the future. We couldn't be further from that if we tried, we go in half arsed with a reduced offer with fingers crossed the club might accept and we get the player on the cheap, there's no selling of the club's ambition, no appeal to the player and intent on how much they want them. When was the last time we actually BOUGHT a player from the premier league?

Totally agree with this.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£14m bid for Austin according to someone who may well be making the whole thing up.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/586456/Newcastle-Transfer-News-14m-Bid-Charlie-Austin-QPR-Chelsea-Southampton

I don't know how we can be favourites to sign him if Chelsea are interested.

How do we compete with the PL champions? We sure as shit aren't going to offer Austin bigger wages.

And yeah. Carroll can fuck right off.

I don't know how we can be favourites to sign him if Chelsea are interested.

How do we compete with the PL champions? We sure as shit aren't going to offer Austin bigger wages.

And yeah. Carroll can fuck right off.

We can make guarantees in terms of playing time, match highest wage, release clauses to bigger clubs, etc

You mean a bigger club like Chelsea?

Sure.

The point is that is if Austin joins Chelsea now, he'd be Sinclairing his career away. However if he joins us, scores 20 odd he'd want an exit strategy should Chelsea want a 1st team replacement.

Aye if he goes to Chelsea he'll barely play, he seems a more grounded type so I can see him wanting to be a starter somewhere. Not saying we'll get him mind I have complete faith that Charnley will faff about until another club just comes in with a proper bid and he goes there (Soton, West Ham etc), I can't see him going to Chelsea to tick their English player allocation box.

Aye if he goes to Chelsea he'll barely play, he seems a more grounded type so I can see him wanting to be a starter somewhere. Not saying we'll get him mind I have complete faith that Charnley will faff about until another club just comes in with a proper bid and he goes there (Soton, West Ham etc), I can't see him going to Chelsea to tick their English player allocation box.

Rumours that they're joining the pursuit of Sterling. £50m is the figure bandied about.

£50m.

:lol:

Aye it has been utterly fucking tragic so far. Who is going to coach the players at this point? McClaren, Woodman and I guess some of the youth coaches are going to have to fill in? Haven't shown any urgency whatsoever in the transfer market either, clear now that Ashley's words were a shameless plug to attempt to trick people into buying season tickets up (I know most thought he was full of it at the time anyway).

Is Ashley not worried that now that this card has been played they've basically exhausted all of their smoke screens? If people don't bite and buy tickets this time it's only going to keep getting worse, surely he realizes this isn't the most sustainable plan. A modicum of ambition and regular investment into the squad would surely be a better option. We've lost money on Yanga Mbiwa and Santon, they're now attempting to minimize their loss on Cisse (even though doing so puts the squad in even more of a perilous position), so it's clear that the whole 'let's scrape by as far as we can investing only when we have to in order to avoid relegation' isn't the best strategy for improving players sale price. It's also becoming clear that everyone knows how much fucking money is in the Premier League so it's becoming harder to low ball teams.

I'm utterly fucking bored of watching this painfully tragic team, they make playing football look extremely hard and even the worst teams in the league regularly play better than them. I was hoping McClaren coming in would mean we could at least look forward to being able to watch a team that knows how to pass a football but clearly the club has no intention to give him a coaching staff let alone players.

Fuck Ashley and fuck Charnley.

You gotta laugh, this is really beyond pathetic. To have signed no-one by this stage would have been poor by Ashley's previously established standards of how to run a club, but to be in it after he'd said we were now going to be showing ambition.......I mean seriously, if there is anyone out there still clinging on to the blind hope that the stadium and the fans is still enough to lure players here, wise up. The game is up, every cunt out there knows what this club is about now. Only by paying over the odds can we even hope to compete with the likes of West Brom now.

Aye Ashley's definitely made the club a poisoned chalice training re starts in 6 days time & we dont even seem to be close to signing anyone. Yet most other clubs seem to be "getting them over the line" the thing i was reading said selling Cisse was to partly fund a new striker. I thought McClaren had been given a £25 mil "wor chest" not to mention the £34 mil in the bank from last year. That money should be being used to buy a couple of decent strikers instead we sell the only goalscorer we've got it's fucking stupidity. Charnley's negotiating skills must be like Kinnears without the bottles and cans i can just picture him now with his notebook in his hand & his pencil behind his ear.

Aye it has been utterly fucking tragic so far. Who is going to coach the players at this point? McClaren, Woodman and I guess some of the youth coaches are going to have to fill in? Haven't shown any urgency whatsoever in the transfer market either, clear now that Ashley's words were a shameless plug to attempt to trick people into buying season tickets up (I know most thought he was full of it at the time anyway).

That's basically the crux of the problem with this lot "communicating" to us. They seem to think that they can say one thing and do another and nobody will notice. Yet, despite that, they seem to expect results, like renewed season tickets when the major factor in restoring a positive feeling amongst the fans and driving ticket sales is in their actions, not words. And their actions are continually at odds with the rhetoric they send out in statements. Yet another case of Ashley wanting to have his cake and eat it too, much like them wanting maximum value for the players we sell while lowballing clubs for bringing players in.

FWIW, I think we'll see players come in but they'll be Carr's second/third choices when we refuse to stump up the cash for the players who will actually improve the team. Then, once we finish 12th, it'll be Charnley against the wall for not securing an 8th place finish and we'll start the same sorry saga off again. June 2016 will see statements of "This time, we promise!" and their antiquated and ridiculous approach to the transfer market will see the same results. Not that I'll miss Charnley like because he appears to be fucking useless but you could plug more qualified people into his position and only achieve similar results.

Also, I didn't even realise we hadn't got coaches in :lol: a lot of McClaren's staff at Derby are unemployed ffs. I can only hope that the delay is due to them being on holiday and being unable to sign contracts.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic