The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matip, a 23-year-old centre-half, is rated at around £10m by Schalke officials, but given that he only has one year of his current contract remaining, Newcastle’s recruitment team are hoping to complete a deal for closer to £7m.

:lol: What a bunch of chancers we are.

I'm quite certain we'll make signings but I seriously doubt it will be any of the names (such as Austin) that people are getting excited about. We won't pay the going rate for anyone. We have our own method of valuing a player and it always results in us wanting him for a lot less than the other club will let him go for. The only way it works is if the player is out of contract shortly/has a release clause or the other club is in the shit. It's no way to run a business and it's no wonder that we're all laughing at Charlnley.

Wait, people are starting to doubt we'll actually make any signings?

I'm as pessimistic as the next fan, but that's taking things to a level even I can't comprehend.

No doubt there'll be new signings but i don't think they'll be of the calbre were expecting after Mike's Royal Variety Performance.

No doubt there'll be new signings but i don't think they'll be of the calbre were expecting after Mike's Royal Variety Performance.

Yup, that or they'll just be the usual replacements, not additions.

Problem for us is the decent players we're interested in will cost too much (but a fair price by most clubs' standards), or the players themselves won't want to join a club that battled relegation last season. Which makes the decision we took a couple of years back to bring in only Anita look even more foolish - much easier to sell the club when it's stock is high. We could have kicked on a bit from them, albeit under Pardew.

Personally I think the two biggest problems with signing players is money and the lack of commitment to a transfer. Buying a player involves signalling your intent and making a player feel wanted by the club and selling the club's ambition and plan for the future. We couldn't be further from that if we tried, we go in half arsed with a reduced offer with fingers crossed the club might accept and we get the player on the cheap, there's no selling of the club's ambition, no appeal to the player and intent on how much they want them. When was the last time we actually BOUGHT a player from the premier league?

Rumblings that Tiote is in talks with Trabzonspor.

I think his prolonged absence from the side means I'm not really bothered about him leaving. I think we have cover in that position (Abeid, Anita, Colback) and McClaren may want to play a style that needs more that Tiote has?

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic