The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

To be honest, Striker isn't even the priority. We need at least one top quality centre back in as soon as possible.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The minimum we'll get away with is two CD's, two Forwards and one creative midfielder. The minimum.

Yeah pretty much. A wide player wouldn't go astray either.

Ready made Blondie song for the terraces though.

"He's Troy Deeney and he scores for fun

He's gonna be wor number one?

He's not the kind of guy that gives up just like that

Oh, no"?

"Deeney make it magnificent

Deeney
Make me Deeney
Your hair is beautiful
Oh, Deeney
Troy Deeney
Oh Troy Deeney
Oh
Oh Troy Deeney
Oh Troy Deeney
Oh"?
I am of course joking

Hey Parky, this quoted tweet is not me saying that Bas Dost is any good

Edited by The Fish

I agree. For the 50th time.

He's an average poacher, that needs quality service, which we don't have.

Chill Winston.

1 in 2 in Bundesliga

2 in 3 in Erdevesie

Over the past 6 seasons at 3 different clubs

That's not just down to De Bruyne

1 in 2 in Bundesliga

2 in 3 in Erdevesie

Over the past 6 seasons at 3 different clubs

That's not just down to De Bruyne

No, I know, but I just think he'll be more Afonso Alves than van Nistelrooy

I haven't seen him play to make a judgement. The stats back him up though. It's not as if he's had 1 good season in Holland ala Kezman/Alvez. The Bundesliga is not an easy league and he's adapted well there which bodes well if he were to come here

But I think the whole squad needs strengthening. The only area we're relatively well stocked is centre mid. In an ideal works we'll get new forwards, wingers and defenders

It is like.

We have Cisse, Perez and de Jong who're any good, with players like Riviere and Armstrong who can "do a job" up front.

We have Colo who is any good and players like Dummett and Taylor who can "do a job" at centre back.

I'd rather we signed a top class Centre half now, rather than futilely pretending to chase after Austin when it's clear our valuations are so distant.

But I think the whole squad needs strengthening. The only area we're relatively well stocked is centre mid. In an ideal works we'll get new forwards, wingers and defenders

Don't get me wrong, we need fattening up all over the shop, but Strikers are over-priced and we'd be better off getting the rest of the squad sorted. imo.

We have Cisse, Perez and de Jong who're any good, with players like Riviere and Armstrong who can "do a job" up front.

We have Colo who is any good and players like Dummett and Taylor who can "do a job" at centre back.

I'd rather we signed a top class Centre half now, rather than futilely pretending to chase after Austin when it's clear our valuations are so distant.

Players like Riviere and Armstrong didn't do a job last season which is one of the reasons we were near relegation. I would say Perez did a job and the other two were bearly fit. SDJ isn't really a sriker either.

I agree with your analysis of centre half (although Taylor is better than Dummett and we also have Lascelles now) so that's equally important. I'm a bit concerned at the lack of names being mentioned for that position and the ones who are, are not established players in a top division. They might be good (I don't really have any idea of them) but we need an established player to come straight in.

Don't get me wrong, we need fattening up all over the shop, but Strikers are over-priced and we'd be better off getting the rest of the squad sorted. imo.

Tbh, I'd rather most of the strikers currently on the books were off them, or bench warmers. Is de Jong even a striker? Thought he was more of an attacking midfielder. Not that we've seen enough of him to make an informed judgement

Tbh, I'd rather most of the strikers currently on the books were off them, or bench warmers. Is de Jong even a striker? Thought he was more of an attacking midfielder. Not that we've seen enough of him to make an informed judgement

Plays a bit deeper than you'd expect from a striker, but his remit is goal scoring. However you're right, a couple of appearances does not a summer make.

Thing is, if we had confirmed the signing of a centre half like van Dijk I'd be a lot more calm about the window. If we're stuck trying to find a 15+ goals a season striker for less than £10m, we are Elizabeth Fritzl.

Plays a bit deeper than you'd expect from a striker, but his remit is goal scoring. However you're right, a couple of appearances does not a summer make.

Thing is, if we had confirmed the signing of a centre half like van Dijk I'd be a lot more calm about the window. If we're stuck trying to find a 15+ goals a season striker for less than £10m, we are Elizabeth Fritzl.

Van Dijk has done nothing in a competetive league. Why do you think he is any good?

Van Dijk has done nothing in a competetive league. Why do you think he is any good?

That actually got me to thinking. We've signed just one player for a fee in the last five years from the traditional top four European leagues and even that was only Obertan.

Pessimistic predictions from me on signings.

Austin will go elsewhere.

2 strikers, 1 under 20 with potential and 1 unproven European who's quite good (a' la Ba, Cisse etc)

1 defender .

Fully expect Tiote and Cisse in the 1st team next year, with some fuckin "like a new signing" bullocks peddled.

Not much speculation on names I know, but to be honest I haven't known who any of our signings have been before they came, other than Anita.

Edited by scoobos

For a 30 year old who missed half the season injured? Good luck with that Mike

:lol: Aye, if there's any truth in them wanting that and expecting to pay under 10m for Austin they're even more mental than we thought.

Colo has become fucking rubbish and needs to be dispensed with. Obviously he was not helped by partnering Iron Mike but he has proven himself spineless at the time when spine was most needed. If we are starting another season with him as captain and first choice centre back we are in real trouble.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic