The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

Newcastle v Hull at SJP should be a poisonous place but I'll bet its not. It'll be apethetic with people swapping knitting patterns while the games being played.

You don't seem to understand that there's a very large majority that just want to go and watch football and have no interest in creating a "poisonous place".

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't seem to understand that there's a very large majority that just want to go and watch football and have no interest in creating a "poisonous place".

I hope you remember that when the club are playing championship football, because there's more chance of that than CL football.

You weren't at the Cardiff game were you? Might excuse your ignorance, but surely you read the reports afterwards.

From Pardew's viewpoint it could have been appreciably uglier but, sensibly, he remained in his dugout throughout the second half, refraining from entering the technical area lest his appearance provoke mass anger.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/03/newcastle-united-cardiff-city-premier-league-match-report

Having looked forward to watching the game on the touchline again following a seven-game ban Pardew was forced to remain seated and out of sight for the majority of the game as he was booed and jeered whenever he stepped into his technical area.

He was not even able to pass instructions directly to his players, leaving assistant manager John Carver to bark out orders as he tried to avoid antagonising long-suffering supporters who have reached the end of their tether

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10798438/Newcastle-United-3-Cardiff-City-0-match-report.html

The very large majority hold their tongue in preference of supporting the team, but given the opportunity have shown how keen they are to vent their contempt.

Do you think there comes a point where we could do so badly between now and January that Ashley has no option but to sack Pardew and panic buy?

Even then it doesnt really fix the root of our problem. The only way to get Ashley out of our club is to generate negative publicity for Sports Direct every time were on TV.

It shouldnt be too hard. Someone suggested waiving JD sports bags when we score.

I remember a few weeks back when we were busy signing people and a folk on here were saying "if we could now get a proven scorer it would be an excellent window".

By all accounts Ashley agreed the finances for Remy or Lacazette. So to a degree, he's done his part.

Everyone knows Pardew is just a coach so hard to blame him.

Are the villains of the piece not Charnley and Carr for not having more options?

Pardew has his faults as does Ashley but the blame for the lack of a striker lays elsewhere.

By all accounts Ashley agreed the finances for Remy or Lacazette. So to a degree, he's done his part.

Well that never happened.

In fact that's the issue Ashley doesn't pay the going rate for anyone, so we never the sign players we need.

Remy easily could have been wrapped up after Liverpool pulled out, as there was a release clause. Which we clearly didn't match.

Lyon are in financial meltdown, so I'm not buying we offered anything over 10m. Which is pointless as it was never going to be accepted.

I remember a few weeks back when we were busy signing people and a folk on here were saying "if we could now get a proven scorer it would be an excellent window".

That was before Mbiwa and Ben Arfa were sold. The consensus was that a new striker and centre half combined with no further outgoings would have been a good window. Instead we got no more players and lost two first team players.

It's criminal that we didn't sign the players the squad is so obviously short of when the money is there to do so. Complete lack of ambition to do anything but survive, yet again, when there was a real opportunity to assemble a decent looking squad.

Edited by Dr Gloom

I think it was Howay, a few pages back, that likened Pardew to a crusty wank sock.

Harsh.

A crusty wank sock does it's job.

That is all I can find to say about this farce of a club, and that's what fucks me off more than anything.

Deadline day doesn't really change much in the short term, doubt HBA and to a lesser extent MYM were likely to see much game time under Pardew so our first team is virtually unaffected, with the obvious exception of injuries to CB's.

Just a bit disappointing they won't be available should we change manager.

Deadline day doesn't really change much in the short term, doubt HBA and to a lesser extent MYM were likely to see much game time under Pardew so our first team is virtually unaffected, with the obvious exception of injuries to CB's.

Just a bit disappointing they won't be available should we change manager.

That's the main problem. The first team is wank.

I think we've signed some shite this summer, mind. Our squad is full of shit players now.

Bit harsh, and early, to write off two Dutch internationals and a French international as shite. Hopefully you're wrong and there's enough quality there to keep us up.

The real crime is not adding to that cluster of signings when we were still short in key areas then releasing two first team players.

Bit harsh, and early, to write off two Dutch internationals and a French international as shite. Hopefully you're wrong and there's enough quality there to keep us up.

The real crime is not adding to that cluster of signings when we were still short in key areas then releasing two first team players.

Who are our best 5 players? I struggle to answer.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic