The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fcbarcelonadotcom:

But despite glowing starts to each campaign, Cesc’s contributions to the cause gradually decreased as each season drew to a close. From being someone who joined in with the attack, supplying and scoring goals, the magic tended to fade later on in each season. He only scored one, six and one goals in the last 24 games of each season. For some reason, he was never as good in the second half of a season as in the first.

fcbarcelonadotcom:

But despite glowing starts to each campaign, Cesc’s contributions to the cause gradually decreased as each season drew to a close. From being someone who joined in with the attack, supplying and scoring goals, the magic tended to fade later on in each season. He only scored one, six and one goals in the last 24 games of each season. For some reason, he was never as good in the second half of a season as in the first.

I didn't realise that was an actual club statement. Do they share a press officer with Sunderland?

"I spoke to Newcastle about Bony last summer. Newcastle should have bought Bony a year ago but they didn’t believe in him.

"They could have signed him for £10million, but they said they weren't sure if he was good enough, that he was only playing in Holland (with Vitesse).

"Now he is worth £20million.

"The next step for Bony is a top-six team in England or a top team in Germany, Spain or France, or he will stay with Swansea.

"We have a certain strategy. Bony is in a totally different place to Newcastle and wants to move to a club with ambition.

"We have had no contact with Newcastle."

:lol:

I wholeheartedly endorse this trend for clubs making a players performance review records public once they've been sold.

"Hatem Ben Arfa was always capable of incredible skills, however he would go missing for 40 minutes between training and tactical sessions. Steve Stone found that he was hiding in the ice bath room gorging on Dime bars"

"We can confirm, with utmost sincerity, that Steven Taylor is ever more of a bellend than apparent through his on field demeanour. He showed the promise of an exciting prospect in each of his eleven seasons with the club and his father continues to believe that he will one day form the heart of England's defense."

Did I read somehwere Pardew is only looking to land 5 players ? If so, he is deluded.

By my calcs, there are 31 first teamers on the books inc' the 2 recent signings BUT, the 31 includes many that have been mentioned as being allowed to leave/definitely leaving/possibly leaving -

TAVERNIER - VUCKIC - FERGUSON - ABEID - CAMPBELL - GOOD - MARVEAUX - OBERTAN - AMALFITANO - BEN ARFA - GUTIERREZ - M'BIWA - DEBUCHY - SISSOKO - KRUL.

OK so, the majority of them will be no great loss at all, BUT, the squad depth would be badly depleted IF so many left and only 5 came in.

u can bet your bottom dollar IF Sissiko and Debuchy have good WC's and bids come in, they will be away - maybe even Tiote too ?

There's a long way to go before the season starts - 9 weeks to be precise, but the only players I am 100% confident of still being at the club come August 17th are -

ELLIOTT, SANTONE, WILLIAMSON, COLOCINNI, RYAN TAYLOR, HIADARA, ANITA, DUMMETT, CISSE, GOUFFRAN, COLBACK, AYEOZ, AMEOBI, BIGIRAMANA.

Realistic ?

Did I read somehwere Pardew is only looking to land 5 players ? If so, he is deluded.

By my calcs, there are 31 first teamers on the books inc' the 2 recent signings BUT, the 31 includes many that have been mentioned as being allowed to leave/definitely leaving/possibly leaving -

TAVERNIER - VUCKIC - FERGUSON - ABEID - CAMPBELL - GOOD - MARVEAUX - OBERTAN - AMALFITANO - BEN ARFA - GUTIERREZ - M'BIWA - DEBUCHY - SISSOKO - KRUL.

OK so, the majority of them will be no great loss at all, BUT, the squad depth would be badly depleted IF so many left and only 5 came in.

u can bet your bottom dollar IF Sissiko and Debuchy have good WC's and bids come in, they will be away - maybe even Tiote too ?

There's a long way to go before the season starts - 9 weeks to be precise, but the only players I am 100% confident of still being at the club come August 17th are -

ELLIOTT, SANTONE, WILLIAMSON, COLOCINNI, RYAN TAYLOR, HIADARA, ANITA, DUMMETT, CISSE, GOUFFRAN, COLBACK, AYEOZ, AMEOBI, BIGIRAMANA.

Realistic ?

Where are we going to finish this year so I can go to the bookies? :D

Strongly linked with Lasogga again. Anyone seen him play much?

Had a decent season with a very poor Hamburg but was out for a couple of months mid-way through the season with injuries. Would definitely be an improvement on what we have (or don't have) anyway!

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic