Scots Money

Rob W

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it had been sounded a while ago but the polls keep showing a surge of support for Yes. It will all hinge on the vision for Scotlands future the No campaign put forward. Simply staying as it is will not go down well.

I thought it had been sounded a while ago but the polls keep showing a surge of support for Yes. It will all hinge on the vision for Scotlands future the No campaign put forward. Simply staying as it is will not go down well.

Might I be so bold as to recommend a return to Feudal governance? Knights, Liege lords, all that kind of shit. I mean, Scotland already looks like Game of Thrones, so...

Might I be so bold as to recommend a return to Feudal governance? Knights, Liege lords, all that kind of shit. I mean, Scotland already looks like Game of Thrones, so...

Sounds good to me I reckon I could give Sir Richard Attenbrough a kicking and get Bute all to myself.

I'm still in two minds. I love Scotland, it's one of my favourite places on earth... but I'm really concerned about what will happen to it if it breaks away. Also not sure it will to be honest, I'd be surprised if the whole country was prepared to take that risk.

I'm still in two minds. I love Scotland, it's one of my favourite places on earth... but I'm really concerned about what will happen to it if it breaks away. Also not sure it will to be honest, I'd be surprised if the whole country was prepared to take that risk.

The Scots will stay in but I think it will be close. We could always invade and take it back.

The Jacobite claim of King Albert of Bavaria, 90, and Prince Franz, 60, can be traced through the will of Charles Edward Stuart's younger brother, Henry, or "Henry IX" as he became when the Young Pretender died in Rome in 1788.

The Bonnie Prince discarded his mistress, Clementina Walkinshaw, and entered a failed marriage to Princess Louise of Stolberg in 1772. But there were no children. Henry, a Roman Catholic cardinal, died in 1807.

The cardinal, ironically awarded a pension by the Hanoverian George III in his later penurious years, passed the Stuart claim in his will to the former king of Sardinia, Charles Emmanuel IV, said by the Jacobites to be Charles IV. The right derives from Charles's great-great grandfather who married Henrietta Stuart, James II's sister.

From Charles Emmanuel, a member of the Italian House of Savoy, the Stuart claim then passed to his brother Victor, and then through Victor's daughter Mary Beatrice to the House of Habsburg-Lorraine. Mary Beatrice's grand- daughter married a prince of the Wittelsbach family, then rulers of Bavaria.

Any power the Wittelsbach lineage had ended when the Wittelsbachs ceased to have royal authority, when Bavaria became a republic at the end of the First World War. However the royal title is still used by the Wittlesbach's senior family member, King Albert, and his bachelor son, Prince Franz.

Count Christophe Preysing, president of the Administration of the Dukes of Bavaria, told the Independent on Sunday: "Prince Franz does not like talking about this matter of the Jacobite title. He really doesn't want to mix himself into British royal problems."

The prince, who studied economics and business, is an international trade diplomat who frequently travels abroad. "But most of the time he is in Munich at his home, the Nymphenberg Palace," said Count Preysing. Keen on the arts, like his Scottish ancestor, the Jacobite Prince of Wales is a former president of the International Council of the Museum of Modern Art in New York. King Albert lives at Berg Castle in Munich, the family's other royal home.

The Jacobite claim of King Albert of Bavaria, 90, and Prince Franz, 60, can be traced through the will of Charles Edward Stuart's younger brother, Henry, or "Henry IX" as he became when the Young Pretender died in Rome in 1788.

The Bonnie Prince discarded his mistress, Clementina Walkinshaw, and entered a failed marriage to Princess Louise of Stolberg in 1772. But there were no children. Henry, a Roman Catholic cardinal, died in 1807.

The cardinal, ironically awarded a pension by the Hanoverian George III in his later penurious years, passed the Stuart claim in his will to the former king of Sardinia, Charles Emmanuel IV, said by the Jacobites to be Charles IV. The right derives from Charles's great-great grandfather who married Henrietta Stuart, James II's sister.

From Charles Emmanuel, a member of the Italian House of Savoy, the Stuart claim then passed to his brother Victor, and then through Victor's daughter Mary Beatrice to the House of Habsburg-Lorraine. Mary Beatrice's grand- daughter married a prince of the Wittelsbach family, then rulers of Bavaria.

Any power the Wittelsbach lineage had ended when the Wittelsbachs ceased to have royal authority, when Bavaria became a republic at the end of the First World War. However the royal title is still used by the Wittlesbach's senior family member, King Albert, and his bachelor son, Prince Franz.

Count Christophe Preysing, president of the Administration of the Dukes of Bavaria, told the Independent on Sunday: "Prince Franz does not like talking about this matter of the Jacobite title. He really doesn't want to mix himself into British royal problems."

The prince, who studied economics and business, is an international trade diplomat who frequently travels abroad. "But most of the time he is in Munich at his home, the Nymphenberg Palace," said Count Preysing. Keen on the arts, like his Scottish ancestor, the Jacobite Prince of Wales is a former president of the International Council of the Museum of Modern Art in New York. King Albert lives at Berg Castle in Munich, the family's other royal home.

That settles it then Yes it is.

• 4 months later...

Up visiting my folks at the moment, theyre all referendum mad.....was told this on Sunday at my cousins by her husband who is a raving "YES" man, now its gone err "viral?" among the cyber nats....it looks like theyre putting two plus two together and getting a gazillion barrels of oil and Saudi Arabia is being mentioned :lol:

http://agreaterstage.net/2014/08/02/the-internet-the-tory-and-the-black-black-oil/

Not to mention we've got Salmond and Darling on the telly tonight having a tiff. As sad as it is, this is going to be the biggest vote swinger left. Realistically as it stands No is going to win, and this is Salmond's last chance to change that. He's going to have to eviscerate Darling and make people believe in independence.

I'll be voting Yes, but I'm fully prepared for the inevitable No.

Debate was a shambles (as expected) - with BT continuing to peddle currency issue as they perceive it to be a weak point in the Yes argument - Salmond ,missed a trick to nail Darling (a slippery wee khunt) to the floor.

Like JJ I'll be voting Yes and not particularly worried about the poll ratings at the moment - BT have to get their lot motivated to actually get out and cast their vote as most of them that I know have let on they most probably won't vote on the day.