Remy Cabella - signs from Montpellier

Monroe Transfer

I watched the first episode of Underbelly on Netflix. Solid 8.3 on imdb and is meant to be Australia's answer to the Sopranos.....

Fucking hell. :lol: It's so bad it's untrue. Fucking Blake off home and away is one of the main hard lads in it and it's so low rent it's unbelievable. The acting is horrific and then there's this female narrator that keeps popping up out of nowhere and talking in this pissed sounding drawl.

Must just be Aussies voting for it on IMDB.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the first episode of Underbelly on Netflix. Solid 8.3 on imdb and is meant to be Australia's answer to the Sopranos.....

Fucking hell. :lol: It's so bad it's untrue. Fucking Blake off home and away is one of the main hard lads in it and it's so low rent it's unbelievable. The acting is horrific and then there's this female narrator that keeps popping up out of nowhere and talking in this pissed sounding drawl.

Must just be Aussies voting for it on IMDB.

It has nothing on the Sopranos! Whoever wrote that is a numbskull.

There's been a few Underbelly series. Are you referring to the Carl Williams one?

That one was good, only because that played out in public and was always on the news and it allowed me to join all the dots together. Watched it only for the story, plus the Carl Williams character looked like Carl Williams.

I'll get you butler! :lol:

I'll have to concede. Other than the aforementioned shows, plus A Country Practice and Sons and Daughters, I can't think of any more Aussie TV programmes ;)

Edited by Alex

Yeah and the Moran brothers. That's the one. It gets better. :lol:

My lass is notorious for watching any old shit, but even she is questioning whether we should stick with this one. Given the standard of the acting in the first episode, I can't see how it's gonna improve.

Fair enough. Check mate;

We can go again if you want. This time you have to post a good TV programme. Winner starts.

Edit: Double the Fist's been taken.

Edited by Alex

My lass is notorious for watching any old shit, but even she is questioning whether we should stick with this one. Given the standard of the acting in the first episode, I can't see how it's gonna improve.

I can't really say that it will for you tbf. It's been 6 or 7 years since I've seen it, and only seen each episode once so I'm a little hazy there. I do know it starts slow but heats up after the 3rd episode or so. It was the best of the Underbelly series for me, but more a documentary reeanactment series than anything else.

We can go again if you want. This time you have to post a good TV programme. Winner starts.

Edit: Double the Fist's been taken.

No, we'll leave it there I think. I have a very limited use of arsenal there. :lol:

No, we'll leave it there I think. I have a very limited use of arsenal there. :lol:

Did you used to get George and Mildred shown much over there by the way? And On the Buses? :lol:

Explains the antipathy towards the Poms.

I seem to remember Bodyline being canny as it happens. Although that was fucking ages ago.

You've made some canny films mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jznUWGC9ewA

Did you used to get George and Mildred shown much over there by the way? And On the Buses? :lol:

Explains the antipathy towards the Poms.

I seem to remember Bodyline being canny as it happens. Although that was fucking ages ago.

You've made some canny films mind:

Yeah, all the shows I've mentioned except The Baldy Man get a re-run on UKTV over here. Shows like Are You Being Served, Some Mothers Do av em, Only Fools and Horses (which I used to watch as a youngun) and Allo Allo (which I used to watch too) get a run on that channel. I grew up on a lot of these shows man. My father has videos of Steptoe and Son and Benny Hill. My grandfather used to love The Bill, Rumpole of the Bailey and Yes Minister. All clearly outdated now but it runs/ran in the family.

Bodyline - now there's something I've watched but only seen it once when I was a youngun.

The movie Chopper, was pretty accurate. He was one crazy bastard, love cutting the toes off his victims, hence the name Chopper. He tried to settle down met some English lass moved to Tasmania with her even wrote a children's book, which was hilarious considering his back ground. Didn't last long though, soon went back to his old ways.

Quite a few Bryan Brown films are canny as well. Australiana mannerisms and humour.

The Shiralee was class. FX: Murder by Illusion was daft but decent. He was probably the best thing about Cocktail too.

The movie Chopper, was pretty accurate. He was one crazy bastard, love cutting the toes off his victims, hence the name Chopper. He tried to settle down met some English lass moved to Tasmania with her even wrote a children's book, which was hilarious considering his back ground. Didn't last long though, soon went back to his old ways.

Here's a link to a review of his "children's" book :D

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/05/19/1021801637185.html

The Shiralee was class. FX: Murder by Illusion was daft but decent. He was probably the best thing about Cocktail too.

He was good in Two Hands with Rose Byrne and Heath Ledger. Admittedly the movie/storyline was daft but the scenes that he was in were all class. Same as Risk. He plays the bastard boss very well.

Have I opened the wrong thread? Do you have a job Ken or what? What time is it over there?

It is just after 1:00am here you imbecile. Not hard to have worked that out. Anymore stupid questions that you might not work out for yourself? :lol:

Given that you know I am in Australia as I've mentioned many times, you would, if you were even half intelligent, work out minimally that it isn't work hours over here. If you were more than half intelligent, you'd work out by yourself the time with an error rate of three hours.