What's Currently Wrong With You

Jan

Woke up feeling like shite, I am now riddled with it. No point in me going now as I don't have the energy to do anything. One complication I didn't mention was it meant sharing a car with my elderly mum for 2 hours who has all sorts of comorbidities yet didn't get the last booster. Not going to have her getting sick or worse on my conscience! The rest of the family are going, I'm taking today off sick and probably working tomorrow to save my precious a/l and get back on top of my work. Fucksticks, having no luck at the moment. 

image.png.9a25b5596957ec881bf9ab7c243798c6.png

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

Woke up feeling like shite, I am now riddled with it. No point in me going now as I don't have the energy to do anything. One complication I didn't mention was it meant sharing a car with my elderly mum for 2 hours who has all sorts of comorbidities yet didn't get the last booster. Not going to have her getting sick or worse on my conscience! The rest of the family are going, I'm taking today off sick and probably working tomorrow to save my precious a/l and get back on top of my work. Fucksticks, having no luck at the moment. 

image.png.9a25b5596957ec881bf9ab7c243798c6.png

Ah mate that's shit news. Might be worth phoning the hotel and seeing if you can reschedule the trip? COVID might still hold some weight?

On the plus side you get the house to yourself all weekend with no one to annoy you. I'd take that every time over a wet walk in the lakes.

• Haha 5

Am also relieved. Last night I started pissing blood. No pain or burning to indicate a UTI. This is a nightmare, especially in a bloke, as it can signify all sorts of horrific diseases. Had a think about it and went on Google.

Now, somewhat ironically I've been on a health drive for the last 6 months, eat an awful lot of salad. Then I remembered I had eaten a whole punnet of beetroot which were near their use date 6 hours prior to to the blood pissing episode. They were particularly strong beetroot. I'm almost certain I had beeturia. Flushed my system out with a couple of litres of water and everything is back to normal now. Obviously I'll go to the docs again if this happens in the absence of beetroot. 👍

• Haha 9

Years ago my short of choice was pernod and black - quite a few times when I was stupidly drunk I'd throw up and seeing the red mistake it for blood and panic. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Am also relieved. Last night I started pissing blood. No pain or burning to indicate a UTI. This is a nightmare, especially in a bloke, as it can signify all sorts of horrific diseases. Had a think about it and went on Google.

Now, somewhat ironically I've been on a health drive for the last 6 months, eat an awful lot of salad. Then I remembered I had eaten a whole punnet of beetroot which were near their use date 6 hours prior to to the blood pissing episode. They were particularly strong beetroot. I'm almost certain I had beeturia. Flushed my system out with a couple of litres of water and everything is back to normal now. Obviously I'll go to the docs again if this happens in the absence of beetroot. 👍

:lol:

It's definitely the beetroot. If you eat 3-4 baby beetroot, it's enough to turn your shite and piss a slightly different colour. If you've ate a whole punnet, you'll be blasting out the devil's piss. 

On 24/07/2024 at 11:39, Gemmill said:

I'm on a packed train to London. Tube action once I get there. Just waiting for the sore throat... 

Sat on the 4pm train at King's Cross to come home yesterday. At 4:03pm the voice comes over the annoy, "I have some bad news"... 

Someone had been hit by a train near Welwyn Garden City so ALL northbound east coast routes out of London were closed. They were sending all the other north bound trains that hadn't yet made it past the incident back to the station. 

The offer was "you can get on any west coast train for free and see if you can plot a path back to your destination from Birmingham or Manchester, or you can just wait and see what happens". The station was pandemonium, just cancelled and delayed, and what was delayed eventually became cancelled across all the boards. 

Finally got on the last train out at 11:15pm, walked through the door at 3am. Fucking pile of shite. 

(Obviously I had a better day than the poor soul hit by the train, and their friends and family) 

• Like 1

I know I sound like a cunt when I whinge about train suicides but they do cause pain in the arse chaos.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Renton said:

I hope it is too much beetroot as I've pissed blood and its fucking awful.  Especially the camera up the japs eye as a result! 

• Jaysus... 1

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Sat on the 4pm train at King's Cross to come home yesterday. At 4:03pm the voice comes over the annoy, "I have some bad news"... 

Someone had been hit by a train near Welwyn Garden City so ALL northbound east coast routes out of London were closed. They were sending all the other north bound trains that hadn't yet made it past the incident back to the station. 

The offer was "you can get on any west coast train for free and see if you can plot a path back to your destination from Birmingham or Manchester, or you can just wait and see what happens". The station was pandemonium, just cancelled and delayed, and what was delayed eventually became cancelled across all the boards. 

Finally got on the last train out at 11:15pm, walked through the door at 3am. Fucking pile of shite. 

(Obviously I had a better day than the poor soul hit by the train, and their friends and family) 

My old mate from school is a train driver ( east coast mainline). He hasn’t the misfortune of it happening to him but it’s (obviously) incredibly distressing and devastating for the driver too. Sometimes they just have to pack in as they can’t take the thought of it happening again with them driving. Actually knew of another lad from our school who took his life that way. Maybe about ten years ago. Near The Station pub at Killingworth. What a way to go, man :( 

• Sad 3

11 minutes ago, NJS said:

I know I sound like a cunt when I whinge about train suicides but they do cause pain in the arse chaos.

They fucking do like. It’s obviously incredibly selfish but I’ve had a similar experience to Gemmill a couple of time and your sympathy wanes somewhat after a few hours. As per my previous post, it’s fucking grim for all those directly involved including the emergency services 

Edited by Alex

21 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I hope it is too much beetroot as I've pissed blood and its fucking awful.  Especially the camera up the japs eye as a result! 

Aye, it's fine now. Piss as clear as a mountain stream. I was dreading the old finger up the bum, a camera up your jap's eye is a new level of torment! 

29 minutes ago, Alex said:

My old mate from school is a train driver ( east coast mainline). He hasn’t the misfortune of it happening to him but it’s (obviously) incredibly distressing and devastating for the driver too. Sometimes they just have to pack in as they can’t take the thought of it happening again with them driving. Actually knew of another lad from our school who took his life that way. Maybe about ten years ago. Near The Station pub at Killingworth. What a way to go, man :( 

It's a needlessly selfish mode of suicide. I know you probably wouldn't be thinking straight, but surely you would consider your effect on the driver and passengers? Or maybe if you're that desperate not I guess, because you're not thinking of your friends or family either. 

Another one I don't get is paracetamol poisoning. Very common. Often you've woken up from the alcohol you've combined it with, it's too late. You've committed yourself to a relatively slow agonising death as your liver necroses and your body shuts down. Many people, probably most, are remorseful at this stage. Can't think of much worse. 

If I were doing it I'd overdose on opioids like. Either you will die unconscious or if it fails you will survive undamaged. Worries me I have thought about this as much as I have tbh..... 

49 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye, it's fine now. Piss as clear as a mountain stream. I was dreading the old finger up the bum, a camera up your jap's eye is a new level of torment! 

The finger doesn't bother me.  TBH The camera up the japs eye is more uncomfortable than painful.

Glad to hear this piss is fine though!

7 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

The finger doesn't bother me.  TBH The camera up the japs eye is more uncomfortable than painful.

Glad to hear this piss is fine though!

The finger up the hoop doesn't happen anymore for prostate cancer. It's a blood test nowadays. I know and was thankful. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AgentAxeman said:

The finger up the hoop doesn't happen anymore for prostate cancer. It's a blood test nowadays. I know and was thankful. 

They do both in my experience.

5 minutes ago, AgentAxeman said:

It definitely does like. Maybe the GP couldn't face your hoop and went straight to the biochemistry. ;)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, NJS said:

I'll take the chaos of train suicides and raise you. A lass I used to work with was coming up the A1 after visiting her wife's family. She was doing 70 and someone ran out of the bushes and threw themselves under her car. She was off work for months because of it, and I am not sure she's ever fully recovered. That one not only causes chaos but it puts the people in the car, as well as everyone else in immediate and life threatening danger. I know people in that state of mind are not thinking clearly, but I struggled to feel sorry for that person because of it.

I wouldn't feel sorry for someone who shoots themselves in the head immediately after shooting 20 nursery kids, and it's largely the same for me.

1 minute ago, Renton said:

It definitely does like. Maybe the GP couldn't face your hoop and went straight to the biochemistry. ;)

Stitched his ring closed before he left for his appointment to make sure the doctor was unable to see how much he enjoys a bit of bum play.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Actually knew of another lad from our school who took his life that way. Maybe about ten years ago. Near The Station pub at Killingworth.

My mate’s old man took the same way out on the same stretch of line.  
He walked up towards Burradon from the Westmoor crossing and sat on the track as the Edinburgh train came down. 

Brutal way to go, and devastating for everyone involved. 

My mate wanted to go to where it happened a couple of days after, despite my trying to dissuade him.
I had to ring the Transport Police, explain the crack, and ask if they were 100% sure that mate wouldn’t stumble across any “remnants” or blood splatters, all without my mate being aware of it. 

Fucking awful crack. 

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Renton said:

She just didn't want to destroy such a fantastic piece of art. 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Had similar last year. Just managed to sit down and unpack everything when the announcement came. Repacked all my stuff and weighed up the options (genuinely considered getting a flight back). Ended up getting what seemed like the last seat on a packed train to Sheffield. Plan was to get the 22:30 train back to Manchester from there. 10 minutes from Sheffield and an announcement comes that all trains to Manchester are cancelled. Had to get an Uber back home from Sheffield on the company dime. Let a lass share the trip because otherwise she'd be stranded, after suggesting she share the license plate, eta and all that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Renton said:

It's a needlessly selfish mode of suicide. I know you probably wouldn't be thinking straight, but surely you would consider your effect on the driver and passengers? Or maybe if you're that desperate not I guess, because you're not thinking of your friends or family either. 

Another one I don't get is paracetamol poisoning. Very common. Often you've woken up from the alcohol you've combined it with, it's too late. You've committed yourself to a relatively slow agonising death as your liver necroses and your body shuts down. Many people, probably most, are remorseful at this stage. Can't think of much worse. 

If I were doing it I'd overdose on opioids like. Either you will die unconscious or if it fails you will survive undamaged. Worries me I have thought about this as much as I have tbh..... 

The fact you've thought about what comes next is, in a weird way, reassuring. Some can't see past the expected finality of the attempt. 

Keep talking to people though.

• Like 2