What's Currently Wrong With You

Jan

Ooof! 

Just looked up the categories for hurricanes…

Cat 1 - Very dangerous winds will produce some damage: Well-constructed frame homes could have damage to roof, shingles, vinyl siding and gutters. Large branches of trees will snap and shallowly rooted trees may be toppled. Extensive damage to power lines and poles likely will result in power outages that could last a few to several days.

all the up to 

Cat 5- 

Catastrophic damage will occur: A high percentage of framed homes will be destroyed, with total roof failure and wall collapse. Fallen trees and power poles will isolate residential areas. Power outages will last for weeks to possibly months. Most of the area will be uninhabitable for weeks or months.

IMG_3074.gif.2cc4072c46a8d8356612a89add2af29a.gif

Maybe Beryl isn’t such a bad choice, for a Cat 1 :lol:

She was a Cat 5 in the Gulf but thankfully just clipped the edge of the Yucatan Peninsula which weakened it, otherwise we'd have been fucked, I went through Hurricane Harvey which I think was a Cat 4 but thankfully we only got the outer bands, even that was absolute carnage

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fucking COVID. I think anyway. Started with a cough and now I’m absolutely fucked. Aches and pains everywhere, no energy, sore throat and could hardly taste my tea. Though that might be my lasses cooking. Good timing for the Olympics like 

8 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Fucking COVID. I think anyway. Started with a cough and now I’m absolutely fucked. Aches and pains everywhere, no energy, sore throat and could hardly taste my tea. Though that might be my lasses cooking. Good timing for the Olympics like 

My neighbour and uncle have both just had it- it’s definitely doing the rounds again up here. 

38 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

My neighbour and uncle have both just had it- it’s definitely doing the rounds again up here. 

Fair few folk at work have had it again too, definitely been a spike recently.

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm on a packed train to London. Tube action once I get there. Just waiting for the sore throat... 

Thought you were immune 

Colleague put it on teams she had tested positive last week. I had talked to her face to face. Last night, I felt a bit ill. Nowt really, slightly tight chest, general malaise. In line with bad hay fever or a mild cold. Felt better this morning, but not quite 100%, so just done a test. The line is very faint but its positive. 

Fucking wish I hadn't done the test now. After missing previous holidays due to my "illness" at the start of this month, I'm supposed to be walking in the Lakes tomorrow and Friday, staying at a hotel. It's non-cancellable so if I don't go that's £500 wasted and tbh that's a big hit for me cos I'm struggling a bit financially at the moment. Am I really going to sack this off due to a very faint line on a test when I feel okay, well enough to walk 15 miles over Helvellyn as intended? I've no legal requirement to self isolate, and if this was just a normal cold, which it basically is now (coronavirus have always caused 10% of colds), I wouldn't even consider not going under these circumstances. On the other hand, its clear this bugger is very infectious and I don't want to be responsible for infecting someone who might not cope as well. 

Really not sure what to do now. 

image.png.e4f713fd81db4c5ad6b96fb825e94758.png

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

Colleague put it on teams she had tested positive last week. I had talked to her face to face. Last night, I felt a bit ill. Nowt really, slightly tight chest, general malaise. In line with bad hay fever or a mild cold. Felt better this morning, but not quite 100%, so just done a test. The line is very faint but its positive. 

Fucking wish I hadn't done the test now. After missing previous holidays due to my "illness" at the start of this month, I'm supposed to be walking in the Lakes tomorrow and Friday, staying at a hotel. It's non-cancellable so if I don't go that's £500 wasted and tbh that's a big hit for me cos I'm struggling a bit financially at the moment. Am I really going to sack this off due to a very faint line on a test when I feel okay, well enough to walk 15 miles over Helvellyn as intended? I've no legal requirement to self isolate, and if this was just a normal cold, which it basically is now (coronavirus have always caused 10% of colds), I wouldn't even consider not going under these circumstances. On the other hand, its clear this bugger is very infectious and I don't want to be responsible for infecting someone who might not cope as well. 

Can't you call the Hotel and explain the situation? Most places are pretty reasonable when it comes to COVID?

That looks more like a faint positive at the end of the infection rather than at the start - maybe test again tomorrow and Friday? 

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Go, wear a mask when inside. 

dc comics mask GIF

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, NJS said:

That looks more like a faint positive at the end of the infection rather than at the start - maybe test again tomorrow and Friday? 

I din't feel any symptoms until last night and the timing would fit getting it from my colleague last week. I will repeat tomorrow morning* and make a decision then though. If I'm positive, I'll not go, the wife and kids can go without me. So fucked off with this shit. 

* Might forget to put the swab in  my nostril. 

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

Given you don’t have to isolate, I’d guess hardly else is, even in the unlikely event they’ve actually tested. Unless it’s an excuse to work from home or pull out of a presidential election. I.e. they won’t be cancelling any non-refundable holidays. I’d take CT’s advice and be considerate. Wear a mask indoors, avoid too much contact where you can etc 

• Like 1

Aye, if no other cunt is isolating these days then you missing out on your trip isn't going to majorly change anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I’d go, personally. Would you still go if it was a cold? If the answer is yes then I’d treat it the same.

90% of the people you’d kill off voted reform anyway so fuck them.

I’ve had what I presume was Covid in the last week which has now devolved into what I think is a chest infection. I was fine with the maybe Rona but way worse now. I’m writing this from the office because fuck these people and their underlying health problems - get on your holidays.

• Haha 4

covid is over @Renton - no body gives a shit if you catch it anymore, no one else is isolating if they catch it, most people aren't even testing. enjoy your holiday and cross your fingers it's a mild case 

• Like 1

I took the day off today like but that  was more to give myself a day of rest to get better rather than anything kind of obligation to isolate. If I only had mild symptoms and I had a holiday to go on, I’d be there with bells on. Just bring sanitiser 

6 hours ago, Alex said:

Given you don’t have to isolate, I’d guess hardly else is, even in the unlikely event they’ve actually tested. Unless it’s an excuse to work from home or pull out of a presidential election. I.e. they won’t be cancelling any non-refundable holidays. I’d take CT’s advice and be considerate. Wear a mask indoors, avoid too much contact where you can etc 

Doctors and nurses are working on the wards with COVID now. They just mask up and avoid the vulnerable patients. It's nigh on impossible to transmit it outdoors too.

You've basically for a cold so I wouldn't overthink it. Enjoy your holiday 

• Like 1

Aye, cheers lads, as long as I feel okay tomorrow I'll go. Good excuse to not hang around the bar and get Mrs Rents to fetch my breakfast. :)

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Aye. There are no rules anymore. I treat it like any other cold etc now. I don’t even bother testing. 

I still test then I hold it up as I hockle on passers by. I miss the glory days of mass panic in 2020. Just bought a trolley full of bog rolls and got a semi.