What's Currently Wrong With You

Jan

9 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Came for the Newcastle chat, stayed for the hay fever advice  

Just a small example of the impact of social media influenzers

• Haha 4

On 26/06/2024 at 18:08, ewerk said:

I managed to get food poisoning on holiday and a week later it’s still there. Thankfully I was only confined to bed for a day but still shitting about 15 times a day and now accompanied by bastarding stomach cramps.

Well the stomach cramps finally subsided after eight days.

I'd sent a shite sample to the doctors and they've called me back to tell me that I had e.coli which was then followed up by two hours on the phone to public health. I hadn't realised it was so serious but google tells me that it has a 17% mortality rate and nearly half of the cases in the UK end up hospitalised.

Basically if I weren't such a medical marvel and beat it with Lucozade Sport alone I wouldn't be here and you're all blessed to still have my presence.

• Haha 3

Nice one, pleased to hear you're sorted. I had a similar experience 10 years or so ago. Was ill as fuck for a week, had to send a sample in and had some parasite. Public health wanted to know what restaurants I'd eaten at, etc. 

Similar stories, except I think mine had a 97% mortality rate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'd sent a shite sample to the doctors and they've called me back to tell me that I had e.coli which was then followed up by two hours on the phone to public health. I hadn't realised it was so serious but google tells me that it has a 17% mortality rate and nearly half of the cases in the UK end up hospitalised.

Basically if I weren't such a medical marvel and beat it with Lucozade Sport alone I wouldn't be here and you're all blessed to still have my presence.

Okay, so aye, E. Coli canbe horrific and it will probably take you longer to fully recover.

And drinking Lucosade when you have a bacterial stomach bug isn't the best thing to do. The bacteria think "Fuck me, wahay, let's get stuck into all this lovely glucose and multiply like fuck". Next stage sepsis. 

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

Okay, so aye, E. Coli canbe horrific and it will probably take you longer to fully recover.

And drinking Lucosade when you have a bacterial stomach bug isn't the best thing to do. The bacteria think "Fuck me, wahay, let's get stuck into all this lovely glucose and multiply like fuck". Next stage sepsis. 

:lol:

29 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Nice one, pleased to hear you're sorted. I had a similar experience 10 years or so ago. Was ill as fuck for a week, had to send a sample in and had some parasite. Public health wanted to know what restaurants I'd eaten at, etc. 

Similar stories, except I think mine had a 97% mortality rate. 

Only Gemmill could take the position "Glad you are ok mate, but I had the same but my upset tummy was MASSIVELY MORE DEADLY than yours"

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I had stomach gripes for 3 or 4 days last week too. Felt rotten. Wonder whether that's what I had. 

31 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Only Gemmill could take the position "Glad you are ok mate, but I had the same but my upset tummy was MASSIVELY MORE DEADLY than yours"

It was CLEARLY a joke, CAMPYLOBACTER FEATURES! 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It was CLEARLY a joke, CAMPYLOBACTER FEATURES! 

OBVIOUSLY, but only YOU would make a joke about Ewerks near brush with DEATH

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

That man was raised in a bog on billy goat's milk and soda bread. He was never at risk. 

I'm pretty sure I caught it from some cow shit but I withheld that fact because I knew I'd be a victim of this lazy stereotyped RACISM.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'm pretty sure I caught it from some cow shit but I withheld that fact because I knew I'd be a victim of this lazy stereotyped RACISM.

Probably should lay off eating cow shit mate

• Haha 6

So today I should have been racing. 

Yesterday got up went to sign on and met a mate for a coffee. Walking home and then the lights went out again. Another seizure. I saw the consultant about a month ago and he's happy it's nothing sinister just my brain changing as I age and it should settle down. 

I'm more pissed my wife was at Silverstone this weekend. I dropped her a line to tell her what happened and the mad bastard came home! I told her she didn't have to and I would have stayed at my bro in law for the night. 

Anyways feel fine today just tired and pissed I missed racing 

• Like 9

On 26/06/2024 at 18:08, ewerk said:

I managed to get food poisoning on holiday and a week later it’s still there. Thankfully I was only confined to bed for a day but still shitting about 15 times a day and now accompanied by bastarding stomach cramps.

Are you in Egypt?

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Yesterday got up went to sign on and met a mate for a coffee. Walking home and then the lights went out again. Another seizure. I saw the consultant about a month ago and he's happy it's nothing sinister just my brain changing as I age and it should settle down. 

I'm more pissed my wife was at Silverstone this weekend. I dropped her a line to tell her what happened and the mad bastard came home! I told her she didn't have to and I would have stayed at my bro in law for the night. 

Sorry to hear that, but pleased it sounds like the doc isn't worried about. Sounds like you married a good'un. 

"Urrrr nurrrr, I'll have to gurrrr hurrrrm. Thick 'ead's ad anuther wobbleh!" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

take it easy mate!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Are you in Egypt?

Nah mate, I’m at Silverstone for the GP. Feeling much better now thankfully.

I was with some saucy minx earlier who was right kinky, kept calling me Callum for some reason.

Things start getting hot and heavy and next thing she gets a phone call then turns round to me and says “Urrrr nurrrr, I'll have to gurrrr hurrrrm. Thick 'ead's ad anuther wobbleh!". So I’m left here with three inches of solid steel and blue balls.

• Haha 10

8 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Glad you're feeling better. I'm sure the consultant is properly qualified and all but it's just natural aging and it should settle down sounds like something a car dealer would say when they can't explain why your engine cut off mid drive. How many times has it happened?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OTF said:

Glad you're feeling better. I'm sure the consultant is properly qualified and all but it's just natural aging and it should settle down sounds like something a car dealer would say when they can't explain why your engine cut off mid drive. How many times has it happened?

I the last 18 months I've had 5 seizures. I get an aura when it's going to happen so I know. The one I had on Saturday the aura was mild so didn't think it was going to be a full seizure. I spoke to someone who stopped with me today and they said I was out for about 30s so that's a mild one. So hopefully the up in meds again sorts it. 

Still feeling a little tired today but that could be the upping of the meds also. 

We're in the lakes for a few days now anyways. Feet up and chilling the order of the day. 

• Like 6

I think I'm suffering from hurricane PTSD, thought the fucking roof was coming of Castle Jimbo last night ! 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Beryl? 

Any damage to your gaff? 

( what a shite name for a hurricane mind :lol:

Fucking Beryl lol sounds like an old granny 

Yeah, fucking close call !!! took a tree down across my fence but otherwise looks like we got by ok, went most of the day without power, I think there are 3 million Houstonians without power today, scary as fuck and this was only a cat 1 !