WW1

Happy Face

I've re-read it and I'm aware that you know your stuff on the armed forces but I fail to see how you can get so vexed about a few short paragraphs in an online article.

Chillax. ;)

Did my dissertation on it. From the very beginning through the first three years the British army did the same thing. Artillery barrage - stop artillery barrage - give some signal what was about to happen - charge at people usibg machine guns. That was Loos, Ypres. Somme, Cambrai, Paschendalle all the same thing. Also reserves were never close enough to re inforce territory gains so any advances were always pushed back almost instantly.

Book your accommodation early because of the 100th anniversary of the start of the war.Beaumont Hamel,Pozieres,Thiepval,Lochnagar Crater,High Wood,Delville Wood and Butte de Warlencourt are all within a few miles of each other.I found the Michelin road atlas Benelux & North of France very helpful.Cemeteries are clearly marked and good details of WW1 villages and towns of interest are shown.

Did my dissertation on it. From the very beginning through the first three years the British army did the same thing. Artillery barrage - stop artillery barrage - give some signal what was about to happen - charge at people usibg machine guns. That was Loos, Ypres. Somme, Cambrai, Paschendalle all the same thing. Also reserves were never close enough to re inforce territory gains so any advances were always pushed back almost instantly.

Worked though didn't it :dunno:

--> ;) <--