Crystal Palace V Newcastle United

Anorthernsoul

A thoroughly enjoyable day out that. Great atmosphere, credit to the palace fans for singing throughout. Though the "3-0 to the referee" was amusing given how we dominated. It's so rare we win so convincingly away in London.

We HAVE to find a way of getting Ben Arfa in the starting 11. Different class

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Fish :good:

We went to the Falcon in the end, which was canny good

Every time I've been there the bar staff were miserable pricks, but that could be down to seeing it was me coming towards the taps. :lol:

A thoroughly enjoyable day out that. Great atmosphere, credit to the palace fans for singing throughout. Though the "3-0 to the referee" was amusing given how we dominated. It's so rare we win so convincingly away in London.

We HAVE to find a way of getting Ben Arfa in the starting 11. Different class

Made more dribbles in his cameo than all but Sissoko. Who can we drop though? Maybe next game give him 30 minutes after we've controlled the game for an hour?

It seems such a simple tactic from Pardew; press and harry and barrack for 60 minutes, then let Remy, Cabaye, and Gouffran more license to attack. Yet it seems to be consistently successful against a variety of styles and levels of ability.

Getting a fair amount of credit for the win from the Palace fans http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showpost.php?p=11464397&postcount=652

http://www.fiveyearplanfanzine.co.uk/news/4675-crystal-palace-0-3-newcastle-analysis-ratings-from-selhurst-park.html?

"Eesh! That was unexpected! Here is ark Gardiner's match report from Newcastle's smash and grab win at Selhurst."
"Tony Pulis’s team selection and tactics came under question on a filthy day when Palace gave a barely adequate Newcastle team a comfortable victory in a game where we looked like having a decent shot at a point at least.
:lol:
Also was funny seeing a Southern hack ask Pardew if he thought Noocarsuwl could match last season.

http://www.fiveyearplanfanzine.co.uk/news/4675-crystal-palace-0-3-newcastle-analysis-ratings-from-selhurst-park.html?

"Eesh! That was unexpected! Here is ark Gardiner's match report from Newcastle's smash and grab win at Selhurst."
"Tony Pulis’s team selection and tactics came under question on a filthy day when Palace gave a barely adequate Newcastle team a comfortable victory in a game where we looked like having a decent shot at a point at least.
Also was funny seeing a Southern hack ask Pardew if he thought Noocarsuwl could match last season.

That's just sour grapes, the majority on that board seem happy to give us the credit.

Oh Wendy...

I found it interesting as well that towards the end of the question and answer session, the second last question sees the Chronicle’s Lee Ryder asking Alan Pardew whether he has a message for the travelling fans…only to get cut off halfway through by NUFC head of media Wendy Taylor, reminding Lee Ryder that he and the other NCJ journalists are banned from asking the manager anything.

Straight away there is another (last) question posed by one of the southern press but after answering him, Alan Pardew makes a point of going back to Lee Ryder’s question and says that he does indeed have a message for those travelling fans and that is to wish them a ‘Merry Merry Christmas’ and that he’s sure they/we are all looking forward to Boxing Day and the visit of Stoke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K98rl4soamk

"we was" annoys the fuck outta me, someone teach him the word "were"

The n.e press ban sounds sooo pety every time they block questions, if i was ryder and co i'd ask them (attempt to) every press conference,

"Alan Turkey or ham on boxing day??"

"Lee you've been warned we won't answer those kind of questions"

Lee Ryder: "Alan, I got some bedsheets and a duvet from Argos the other day, but there's some stains on the sheet. Should I just ask for a refund if they offer a replacement?"

Wendy Taylor-Blonde: "Lee, I'm being serious! No questions!"

Alan Pardew: "Nah, Wends, darlin', I'll take this wan. Me and Mrs Pards were in a simla baht the atha day, we was all for getting sam cash back in the bank but Argos weren't having none of it. Take the mannie, pal and dahn't take none of their shit."

Lee Ryder: "Ah also bought a cheap Lyon shirt in sportsdirect but then seen on BT sports that it must be last years top. Shall I ask for my money back anarl?"

Alan Pardew: "Lee, trust me, there's a wide range of quality sports apparel in sportsdirect at really competive pwices, just eckshtange it fer samthin' else. mate, you know it makes sense. Besides I think there's sam sort of law where you can't get yer money back offof French shirts."