Crystal Palace V Newcastle United

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Closest thing to a comfortable win for a while. Cabaye MOTM for me like. Ben Arfa looked great coming on; absolutely kicked the players on to getting the third. Thought that the overall setup was brilliant by Pardew. Just out passed them.

Mint.

Cracking performance that, we could have really run away with that one but 3-0 is great. Think Ben Arfa deserves a start now tbh he's looked dangerous every time he's come on last few week.

Who would you put him on for?

Theres not a hope of Ben Arfa starting despite the weekly pleas on here. Pardew has a nice steady set up with 442 and Shola or 433 without (like today).

Even with injuries HBA is a bit down the pecking order and I simply dont think Pardew trusts him sny more as a starter. (and rightly so). He has fleeting moments of decent runs but quite often cant get the end ball right or loses possession in silly positions. (as he did today approaching 90 mins).

Also wtf is going on with his fitness? Hes beginning to look like Mick Quinn.!

Happy with the 3 points but not %100 happy with 90 minute performance. Start of the second half we looked a bit dismal and scrappy.

Remy didn't get much service but when he did he wasn't very effective today.

I thought Anita was not at his best,, some of his passes were going astray.

BenArfa certainly made an impact when he came on, I think he should have been on a bit earlier.

I have to question Willo's effectiveness when he gets up front. He should have scored from Cabaye's rebound.

Theres not a hope of Ben Arfa starting despite the weekly pleas on here. Pardew has a nice steady set up with 442 and Shola or 433 without (like today).

Even with injuries HBA is a bit down the pecking order and I simply dont think Pardew trusts him  sny more as a starter. (and rightly so). He has fleeting moments of decent runs but quite often cant get the end ball right or loses possession in silly positions. (as he did today approaching 90 mins).

Also wtf is going on with his fitness? Hes beginning to look like Mick Quinn.!

Couldn't resist.

We won lol

i've not seen anything i had my own league match, only home there 30mins ago, busted.

Going relax eat some junk food and watch the Hatem show.

If he's anything like me, he avoids it when we lose.

Am sure we'll get indepth analysis and loads of coverage tonight on MOTD, mind. :lol:

Very pleased about our performance but I expect fuck all from MOTD bar the goals. :D

That's my neck of the woods, if I wasn't currently on a train just outside Doncaster I'd have taken you for a beer or two. :D

The pubs right beside the station are shit and aren't cheap and to be honest everywhere round there is going to be about £3.80 - £4 a pint.

Any of you smokers? If so you'll want to move away from the station and go to the imaginatively named "Northcote" on Northcote Rd. If you want a cheap pizza that is excellent, go to Franco Manca further up Northcote Rd. I think it's £6 a pizza and they're fucking amazing.

There's a Drafthouse on the road and a bar called the Holy Drinker, both of them do a really good selection of drinks, former for beers, latter for spirits.

Depends how long you've got and all that, but there's some good pubs right beside Wandsworth Town station and in Balham too, which are both 5 minutes on the train from Clapham Junction station. How're you getting from Newcastle to Clapham Junction?

The Northcote is where the mouse pointer is

Cheers Fish :good:

We went to the Falcon in the end, which was canny good