Crystal Palace V Newcastle United

Anorthernsoul

You given up on him?

Aye, hes been struggling for goals for a season and a half now, we're obviously not able to coash it into him, hes had tons of gametime to get that "one off his arse before he starts banging them in" and not done it (despite actually having one go in off his arse) and hes one of the worst footballers we've got in terms of touch and general play which means hes a liability when hes not scoring.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, hes been struggling for goals for a season and a half now, we're obviously not able to coash it into him, hes had tons of gametime to get that "one off his arse before he starts banging them in" and not done it (despite actually having one go in off his arse) and hes one of the worst footballers we've got in terms of touch and general play which means hes a liability when hes not scoring.

It's very difficult to disagree with any of this, which is frankly quite remarkable given the volume and quality of goals that he scored in his debut season.

As he can to us with a very good goal scoring record, I'm struggling to give up on Cisse. I'd like him to get a cracker and then see how he does.

Like this?

iMwfYypor3jGD.gif

All the things people say he needs to do to get scoring again hes done and taken nowhere.

As he can to us with a very good goal scoring record, I'm struggling to give up on Cisse. I'd like him to get a cracker and then see how he does.

My observation is that he was at his best when operating on instinct alone, when he drops back and tries to contribute to play outside of scoring he's been embarrassingly poor. Contrary to this it seems that the advice he's getting is to go out there and contribute rather than leading the lines, and I highly doubt that at any stage of his career he's been a good team contributor in anything but goals.

I just can't see how he'll get back in the swing of things. He's not getting into the positions to get the chances consistently, and when chances do fall to him, he fluffs his lines.

I hope he gets two of three in the next couple of games so we can inflate his price a little.

Good this, isn't it? who wants a comfortable away win? Lets make things interesting and take the foot off the gas a bit. Like when you're on the motorway and you close your eyes for as long as you dare... it's exciting man.

Extremely poor set piece defending there from Coloccini, ball watching let Jerome go to the back post unmarked. Thankfully we weren't made to pay.

Tiote misses the Stoke game <_<

I thought he was unlucky to get a yellow for that challenge tbh, it's not like he's been bothering the ref all match.

Shola will probably take his place with Anita and Cabaye in the midfield of a 4-4-2

I'd want to play Shola to help out with dealing with their big lads, but yeah I think that's how we'll set up as well.

Still think Santons a very poor left back.

That's ok mate, you thought Debuchy was poor for ages as well.

(to be honest, Santon needs more experience his failures are, imo, more down to understanding the game, rather than any lack of ability.)