Sick and tired

Kevin Carr's Gloves

I'm still waiting to see what KCG was up to whilst I was busy "harming our club". I'm sure he'll tell us soon.

The thing that I don't understand is, if you were in the enviable position of KNOWING what Souness was going to do (and there are plenty claiming that of themselves), and you just sat by and let it happen without doing anything about it, then surely that would make you more guilty than anyone else. Maybe the rant at the start of this thread was the product of KCG's guilty conscience.

Not that I think ANY fans are to blame for our current situation like, but if we're playing childish blame games, that one's got to be worth considering. ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting to see what KCG was up to whilst I was busy "harming our club".  I'm sure he'll tell us soon.

The thing that I don't understand is, if you were in the enviable position of KNOWING what Souness was going to do (and there are plenty claiming that of themselves), and you just sat by and let it happen without doing anything about it, then surely that would make you more guilty than anyone else.  Maybe the rant at the start of this thread was the product of KCG's guilty conscience.

Not that I think ANY fans are to blame for our current situation like, but if we're playing childish blame games, that one's got to be worth considering. ;)

79871[/snapback]

I'll take up the mantle then. I believe that collectively fans like you HAVE harmed the club, by letting Souness get away with far too much and giving Shepherd no reason to sack him. By being fooled by mini-runs of acceptable results against shit opposition, when not taking into account the performances or the bigger picture. By lapping up his "cleaning up the dressing room", and applauding him getting rid of our best players. By clapping the team off after we were disgraced at Cardiff, and again on the last day of the season when we managed a draw in what was effectively a friendly against Chelsea. By being fooled yet again this year, when if it weren't for the unlikely signing of Owen we would probably be relegated. By branding skeptics as mad men, and burying your head in the sand as to what is happening at this club.

Don't take it personally Gemmill ;), you are one of the majority that have let this situation arise. And you're right, I have done nothing personally to stop it, as I believe it is out of my power; I feel like a bandsman on the Titanic. But at least I could see what was coming.

When Boro scored what looked the winner in our last home game I witnessed something I've never seen before from the lads I've been going with for years. Silence. You usually can't shut the fuckers up if we concede one, but we all just sat there. Not even a 'for fucks sake'. Weird, it scared me.

79839[/snapback]

I've seen scarier things tbh.

And what have you done Renton, to show Shepherd how you feel? Serious question.

79901[/snapback]

I heard he rang him and breathed heavily down the phone at half 3 in the morning.....ON A WEEKNIGHT. That'll teach the fucker to appoint shite managers.

79901[/snapback]

I've told you I've done nothing, other than post a letter to FS saying calmly in a non-hysterical way that I was extemely disappointed by the appointment. Doubt it'd ever get to him. But seriously, what can I do? Don't say go on a one man demo, because other than get me committed, what good will that do?

I guess my point of view has mainly been made by my inactions rather than my actions - you wouldn't have seen me clapping at Cardiff.

I'm still waiting to see what KCG was up to whilst I was busy "harming our club".  I'm sure he'll tell us soon.

The thing that I don't understand is, if you were in the enviable position of KNOWING what Souness was going to do (and there are plenty claiming that of themselves), and you just sat by and let it happen without doing anything about it, then surely that would make you more guilty than anyone else.  Maybe the rant at the start of this thread was the product of KCG's guilty conscience.

79871[/snapback]

I'll take up the mantle then. I believe that collectively fans like you HAVE harmed the club, by letting Souness get away with far too much and giving Shepherd no reason to sack him. By being fooled by mini-runs of acceptable results against shit opposition, when not taking into account the performances or the bigger picture. By lapping up his "cleaning up the dressing room", and applauding him getting rid of our best players. By clapping the team off after we were disgraced at Cardiff, and again on the last day of the season when we managed a draw in what was effectively a friendly against Chelsea. By being fooled yet again this year, when if it weren't for the unlikely signing of Owen we would probably be relegated. By branding skeptics as mad men, and burying your head in the sand as to what is happening at this club.

Don't take it personally Gemmill ;), you are one of the majority that have let this situation arise. And you're right, I have done nothing personally to stop it, as I believe it is out of my power; I feel like a bandsman on the Titanic. But at least I could see what was coming.

79899[/snapback]

What have you done that's different to what I have? Apart from being a bit angry on an internet message board.

You say you saw it coming and you did nothing to stop it. And yet you absolve yourself of any blame and point the finger at others?

The fact that you even blame other fans is IMO pathetic, but it's made even worse by the fact that you've done nothing more or less than those you point the finger at.

79901[/snapback]

I heard he rang him and breathed heavily down the phone at half 3 in the morning.....ON A WEEKNIGHT. That'll teach the fucker to appoint shite managers.

79904[/snapback]

Ha ha that's hilarious Skol. ;)

79901[/snapback]

79904[/snapback]

Ha ha that's hilarious Mark. ;)

79912[/snapback]

Amended

Not that I think ANY fans are to blame for our current situation like, but if we're playing childish blame games, that one's got to be worth considering. :rolleyes:

79871[/snapback]

79899[/snapback]

What have you done that's different to what I have? Apart from being a bit angry on an internet message board.

You say you saw it coming and you did nothing to stop it. And yet you absolve yourself of any blame and point the finger at others?

The fact that you even blame other fans is IMO pathetic, but it's made even worse by the fact that you've done nothing more or less than those you point the finger at.

79908[/snapback]

I beieve that collectively Newcastle fans have had some influence on Souness still being here, I think we are all to blame for that (me through apathy, you though stupidity ;)). But most the blame, infact nearly all the blame, lies with Shepherd for appointing Souness imo.

Once again, what could one person do?

79901[/snapback]

I've told you I've done nothing

79907[/snapback]

I'll just stop you there if that's ok with you.

79914[/snapback]

Not really OK because you haven't suggested what I could do in the face of overwhelming opposition. At least I didn't defend the indefensible or clap his miserable team off at Cardiff. That was the endorsement Shepherd was looking for - gullible, ever-loyal, geordies. ;)

Why did Robson get worse treatment than this wanker? That I'd like to know.

Not that I think ANY fans are to blame for our current situation like, but if we're playing childish blame games, that one's got to be worth considering. :rolleyes:

79871[/snapback]

79899[/snapback]

79908[/snapback]

I beieve that collectively Newcastle fans have had some influence on Souness still being here, I think we are all to blame for that (me through apathy, you though stupidity ;)). But most the blame, infact nearly all the blame, lies with Shepherd for appointing Souness imo.

79920[/snapback]

Why are you asking me what one person could do? It's you (and KCG) that's flinging the blame around. I've said I don't think the fans are responsible.

79871[/snapback]

79899[/snapback]

79908[/snapback]

79920[/snapback]

Why are you asking me what one person could do? It's you (and KCG) that's flinging the blame around. I've said I don't think the fans are responsible.

79937[/snapback]

Newcastle fans do accept mediocrity, or worse, than many other fans of big clubs imo - I'm convinced of it, and it's one of the reasons we never win anything. Can you imagine ManU appointing let alone keeping Souness?

Even now there are threads on N-O saying we should get behind the manager and team. It beggars belief tbh.

Newcastle fans do accept mediocrity, or worse, than many other fans of big clubs imo - I'm convinced of it, and it's one of the reasons we never win anything. Can you imagine ManU appointing let alone keeping Souness?

Even now there are threads on N-O saying we should get behind the manager and team. It beggars belief tbh.

79940[/snapback]

Yeah we probably do accept mediocrity easier than fans of the big clubs. But in the absence of trophies what else can you do but accept it? That's not being defeatist either, it's just a recognition that we are Newcastle United and they are Manchester United/Liverpool/Arsenal etc. They win trophies and we don't. I'm not gonna beat myself up about it - it disappoints me every year when we get knocked out of the cups, especially when a lesser club goes on to the final, or worse, wins it, but what's the alternative to accepting it? We're just the same as most clubs.

One mans is to blame Fat Freddie, its pathetic that some on here actually are trying to blame other supporters for his poor running of the club. Yes he can splash all the cash he wants at the team but it still doesn't convince me he knows what is the best for the long term interests of Newcastle United.

Also why do they feel they were the only ones who could see this, god when he was appointed the first thing that was said by non Newcastle supporters was "well thats Bellamy and Robert out on their arse". Because some people didnt come on here at the first available minute to declare We're doomed!!!!!! didn't mean they couldn't see it coming.

I never posted it the first day he was put in place, guess i`m not a sooperfan then... ;)

79940[/snapback]

Yeah we probably do accept mediocrity easier than fans of the big clubs. But in the absence of trophies what else can you do but accept it? That's not being defeatist either, it's just a recognition that we are Newcastle United and they are Manchester United/Liverpool/Arsenal etc. They win trophies and we don't. I'm not gonna beat myself up about it - it disappoints me every year when we get knocked out of the cups, especially when a lesser club goes on to the final, or worse, wins it, but what's the alternative to accepting it? We're just the same as most clubs.

79941[/snapback]

I don't know what the answer is, or even if there is an answer. However, I do take some solace in blaming you for everything, if you don't mind! ;)

79940[/snapback]

79941[/snapback]

I don't know what the answer is, or even if there is an answer. However, I do take some solace in blaming you for everything, if you don't mind! ;)

79944[/snapback]

;)

I've noticed that before today tbh. :rolleyes:

I can't agree that everyone knew he wouldn't be the answer SLP; as we proved last week by dredging through old threads a sizable amount of people did think he might be the answer, with several falling for the old "he'll sort out the dressing room" bullshit. However, that's in the past, and we are all fairly unamionous now.

As for me, my reaction to Souness's appointment is well documented - frankly I was disgusted by it. I knew almost for certain he'd fuck up the club, just like he has everywhere else. But what can you do other than give your opinion to friends, colleagues, neighbours at games, and internet folk? Not a lot really, any demonstration would make you look like a nutter, and that is not a price I'm willing to pay for NUFC, not like it'd do any good whatsoever.

I have absolutely pleasure in being confirmed right, I am sickened about what has happened to our club to the extent that apathy now reigns - I am honestly on the verge of not caring any more. I don't even enjoy matches any more, so I don't even know why I go. Some sense of blind loyalty I suppose, and maybe the hope their are brighter days ahead somewhere in the distant horizon. They look a long way away at the moment though.  ;)

79824[/snapback]

pretty much agree with this as I felt the same and now feel the same total apathy as well.

I don't think I have felt anywhere near my normal enthusiasm since the day fuckwit walked through the door