Politics

Christmas Tree

If she does, it'll be a sign that she knows her career as a mainstream politician is over. If she hangs around, I'd guess it would be because she thinks there'll be another leadership competition before the next election.

Which with this lot is a perfectly reasonable assumption. 

"I will not lead it" :lol:

She makes it sound like it is a viable option. No, Suella, you will not lead it because even your own party recognises you are an obnoxious unelectable fruitcake who probaly can't get more than two nominations. Don't worry though, your (one of many) arch enemies Badenoch is in the race and she is nearly as disgusting and insane as you. Fingers crossed she wins it. 

24 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

Leigh Francis | MAD NEWS UK

My political career has gone down the shitter, cha'mone!

The thing is, she's right. Their failures in all those areas did cost them the election. However, in her mental mind the tory attitude wasn't extreme enough. The mental cunt needs sectioned.

• Like 3

The thread from Goodman is wild. I'm sure there was a time he wasn't that mental, but his assessment of Badenoch here - praising her for the exact stuff that makes her unlikeable and mental - is crackers. 

• Like 1

She has an aptitude for "putting the boot into woke" too apparently. :lol:

She's got fuck all on the NHS or cost of living, but she will kick the fuck out of a nebulous concept. 

• Like 1

Junior doctors have been offered a 22% pay deal. Unions are gonna put it to the members and presumably recommend that it be accepted.

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Junior doctors have been offered a 22% pay deal. Unions are gonna put it to the members and presumably recommend that it be accepted.

Over 2 years but canny enough. They deserve it. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Renton said:

Over 2 years but canny enough. They deserve it. 

They deserved the 35% imo. £15 an hour was the number I heard that they're currently getting, so that would have taken them to £20 which is still a fucking disgrace. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Well, if he doesn’t like this country and its laws….

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20240729-111151.png.35de904956758a00d931453367e5eadd.png

For example. 

This why they’re knackered for the time being and beyond. To win the contest you have to appeal to their membership. A lot of whom are insulated from the problems most people face. With a hefty dose of batshit crazy hoyed into the mix 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

Yeah, yeah, I know, HS2, only of interest to a train geek like me. What a missed opportunity though. Now fare prices will increase and people will be actively incentivised not to travel by train but switch to car or air. 

The government’s spending watchdog recently said that the decision to axe HS2’s second leg is likely to mean fares will need to rise on the west coast mainline from London to Manchester in order to put people off travelling by train. While HS2 was meant to relieve capacity on the line, the National Audit Office said there could be 17% fewer seats on trains between Birmingham and Manchester than at present because of the decision to stop the line in the Midlands.

It said the Department for Transport would need to assess options to manage demand by “incentivising people to travel at different times or to not travel by rail”.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/jul/29/hs2-costs-rishi-sunak-chief-executive

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Well, if he doesn’t like this country and its laws….

The fact the cunt lives in Tenerife and has an Irish passport is too much irony to take for me. How anyone takes the weird midget diddler serious is beyond me.

• Like 3

All the patter from the likes of Paul Johnson at the IFS saying "it's no use Reeves claiming she didn't know the true state of the public finances pre election, it's all made available now via the OBR".

Well Reeves' statement (and supporting figures released by the Treasury) has just made clear that there were overspends that the previous govt simply didn't declare to the OBR. So there's a genuinely previously unknown black hole in the public finances. 

Paul Johnson is now saying that she's right. Absolutely disgraceful that lot. 

• Like 3

She should reverse Hunt's National Insurance reductions. The irresponsible cunt clearly made them knowing that the public finances were already completely fucked. 

• Like 4

If this was to expose that Hunt and co hid stuff knowingly, which meant they lied to the independent body set up to assess the health of the public finances, lied to parliament, and lied to the British people, there should genuinely be criminal charges possible for stuff like this. 

• Like 4

The state of journalism in this country man.

Scroll through the Daily Mail Political Editor's tweets for the last hour and he's made NO reference to the charge from Reeves, the confirmation from the IFS, or the fact that the OBR has launched this review. 

But he's reported every cut she's announced as a result of it, obviously majoring on the means testing if winter fuel allowance. 

These people are a disgrace. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If this was to expose that Hunt and co hid stuff knowingly, which meant they lied to the independent body set up to assess the health of the public finances, lied to parliament, and lied to the British people, there should genuinely be criminal charges possible for stuff like this. 

Get the money back from the water companies, the energy companies, the Brexiteers who fucked off the minute the votes were counted, and of course the outgoing Prime Minister. 

Oh and my neighbour. She had no hand in it, I'm fairly certain, but she's a cunt and I want her forced to move. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The state of journalism in this country man.

Scroll through the Daily Mail Political Editor's tweets for the last hour and he's made NO reference to the charge from Reeves, the confirmation from the IFS, or the fact that the OBR has launched this review. 

But he's reported every cut she's announced as a result of it, obviously majoring on the means testing if winter fuel allowance. 

These people are a disgrace. 

The Sun journalists doing exactly the same.