Politics

Christmas Tree

22 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Bad stuff.

Stupid culture war bullshit I sincerely hoped was behind us.

Victimising a tiny, vulnerable group of people who have done nothing to deserve it based on the rhetoric of bigots.

They're only banning them for kids aren't they? Off the back of some over zealous prescribing by the Tavistock iirc

31 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

They're only banning them for kids aren't they? Off the back of some over zealous prescribing by the Tavistock iirc

Its based on the Cass review as far as I know, which I think Ive posted about before but has been pushed back on by a lot of trans rights groups for bias, faulty logic and excluding trans healthcare providers and experts from its "comprehensive review" of trans healthcare.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/24425388.cass-review-contains-serious-flaws-according-yale-law-school/

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. Giving puberty blockers and hormone treatment to literal children is a bad idea imo. Your brain doesn't fully mature until around the age of 25, and the list of shit I thought was a good idea at 15 that I didn't 10 years later is looong.

This decision doesn't stop teenagers dressing/identify/naming themselves as another gender. Gender dysphoria services aren't refusing to work with under 18s. They're just being told to stop doing irreversible damage in young, often vulnerable and traumatised kids, until they're marginally older.

There's a difference between a nanny state and a responsible state.

In being mad about thiz I haven't found a credible source that says puberty blockers are irreversible. 

Not saying there isnt one and if you have one Id like to see it.

I agree there is a difference between a nanny state and a responsible state.

A responsible state wouldnt be basing this sort of policy decision on a tory reading of the Cass review and would be including both transgender healthcare providers and the trans community in its consultations. The tories pursued this as part of the right wing playbook found all over the place at the moment, and Im really disappointed in labour doing the same. 

• Thanks 1

And now the Deputy PM is saying "JK Rowling supports trans rights" because thats what JK Rowling has told her :lol:

Nah, fuck off. (Not you KD, but the Labour position on this in general)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Andrew said:

In being mad about thiz I haven't found a credible source that says puberty blockers are irreversible. 

Not saying there isnt one and if you have one Id like to see it.

I agree there is a difference between a nanny state and a responsible state.

A responsible state wouldnt be basing this sort of policy decision on a tory reading of the Cass review and would be including both transgender healthcare providers and the trans community in its consultations. The tories pursued this as part of the right wing playbook found all over the place at the moment, and Im really disappointed in labour doing the same. 

https://www.thelancet.com/pdfs/journals/landia/PIIS2213-8587(17)30099-2.pdf

IMG_2050.thumb.jpeg.52d9f450b42826522d0c8706951b8e3d.jpeg

There's more of an evidence base than I realised tbf. Although there are still big gaps.

Feels like the issue is less about the risks of the puberty blockers and more about the Tavistock chucking them out like smarties. Which is a shame for those that genuinely need them  

• Like 1

Whether it's the right choice or not, Labour have only done it because of culture war bullshit. Hence bringing JK back into the fold. The woman is absolutely transphobic.

I don't know why trans people are always at the centre of so much political bullshit but I really feel bad for them. Several such people I know aren't politically motivated whatsoever, they just want to be left alone to work themselves out and find happiness.

JK, the culture warriors, the boomers, they can all fuck off on this one, IMO.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Whether it's the right choice or not, Labour have only done it because of culture war bullshit. Hence bringing JK back into the fold. The woman is absolutely transphobic.

I don't know why trans people are always at the centre of so much political bullshit but I really feel bad for them. Several such people I know aren't politically motivated whatsoever, they just want to be left alone to work themselves out and find happiness.

JK, the culture warriors, the boomers, they can all fuck off on this one, IMO.

Couldn't agree more, but then I'm writing this from a militantly LGBTQ+ friendly lakeside hacker camp in Germany, so I may be slightly biased. :D

gDVhLJ.jpg

• Like 5

Harry Cole one of those "fans" who thinks there's no jokes after a defeat. He's just too GUTTED MATE for anyone to be coming out with a daft joke. 

The surest sign that someone is just a cunt playing the part for a month every couple of years. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Harry Cole one of those "fans" who thinks there's no jokes after a defeat. He's just too GUTTED MATE for anyone to be coming out with a daft joke. 

The surest sign that someone is just a cunt playing the part for a month every couple of years. 

Speaking of which, has anyone checked on Ross Kemp? 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Speaking of which, has anyone checked in Ross Kemp? 

He's away to the channel to sink some dinghies to cheer himself up. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

He's away to the channel to sink some dinghies to cheer himself up. 

:lol:

I can just see his bald fucking stupid head emerging from the water like Brando in Apocalypse Now. 

• Haha 5

Him and Francois definitely bonded whilst reminiscing about dressing up as soldiers, coppers, etc 

• Haha 3

She can't even fucking stand like a normal person man. Her in that photo looks slightly less mental than she did at the count on election night. 

Most importantly though, she is a fucking nobody at these events. She'll get a speech or two to deliver to half empty halls, and she'll completely fluff them cos she's a totally uninspiring neckend at the podium.

I hope she goes back to her hotel room each day feeling utterly bereft and empty and wondering where it all goes from here, the grifting clown. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I hope she goes back to her hotel room each day feeling utterly bereft and empty and wondering where it all goes from here, the grifting clown. 

She's neither clever, nor self-aware, enough. 

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

She can't even fucking stand like a normal person man. 

What do you mean?

IMG_8913.jpeg

• Haha 6

Just now, Alex said:

What do you mean?

IMG_8913.jpeg

This was her at her absolute peak, still riding high, and being asked to squat for a photo and not having the brains to say no. :lol:

• Haha 2