Politics

Christmas Tree

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ve just watched Starmer’s arrival at No. 10 and his speech. 
( on a bit of a delay due it being Ms. Fist’s birthday today). 

I got a wee bit emotional if I’m honest, thinking about the choices my Dad had to make at the end of his life, whilst Johnson and Sunak partied. 
Very likely sleep-deprivation kicking in too, 

Off for a wee kip, then birthday/victory party later. 

There’s nothing wrong with being happy about it. It’s almost certainly a massive improvement. I know Labour aren’t perfect and there are massive challenges ahead. But, apart from anything else, the previous lot have been doing fucking nothing to sort anything out. When you look at some stuff (like HS2) they have actively been making the job of the next government harder 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Just getting ready to meet my new mate 😀

I rocked up in cheltenham at the back end of the 80s, two years later the tories lose the seat they've held for 18 years.

move to monmouth and 5 months later it's goodbye tories after 19 years.

I am the tory slayer.

just a footnote,absolutely delighted that  cheltenham has got rid of alex chalk, absolute thundercunt of a man.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

36 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I hit this a couple of years back, just gave up on all of it - it's actually quite the release. 

I'm just going to land this here. Two years ago I was in a desperate place, I reached out and for some reason you were there and really helped me. We don't see eye to eye on everything Rayvin but you really helped saved my life that night. I am forever grateful, you matter. I hope Denmark works out well for you. 

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm just going to land this here. Two years ago I was in a desperate place, I reached out and for some reason you were there and really helped me. We don't see eye to eye on everything Rayvin but you really helped saved my life that night. I am forever grateful, you matter. I hope Denmark works out well for you. 

You'd have done the same for me mate, always loved ya ;) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Aye, just referring to me really. Slept in until noon, just a feeling of "now what?". I've been addicted to politics for so long. Now I want that to end. 

It's gonna be much easier to ignore politics very soon imo. The first time a cabinet member does something dodgy and is having to resign the next day, you'll feel a slight loosening of the knot in your shoulders. 

Loads of stuff that you used to just be able to expect from people in government that we've all forgot was just taken for granted is gonna come back, cos it's the easiest way in the world for Starmer to underline that this lot are different. 

We've all got addicted to being enraged by the people in charge, and I think and hope that that will be the first very tangible thing to change. Then hopefully people the bigger stuff will come. 

I've had a couple of hours kip so I'm gonna watch the walk to Downing Street and the speech. 👍

• Like 6

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

I liked starmer’s speech and his line about the end of performance politics. Whatever you think of him, he is a serious politician. 

That's what people want.  Not fucking celebrities dicking about

skynews-rishi-sunak-king_6587299.jpg?202

"Your majesty, I'm here to resign as prime minister."

"Why's that, old chap?"

"Errr.... there's been a general election. My party got hammered."

"Funny....... Because that's not what I'm hearing on the doorstep.......Lolz!"

prince-charles-british-royal-family.gif

• Haha 8

26 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Hope your all watching Farages presser :lol: 

Heckler after heckler being evicted as he tries to speak.

Seen a couple of clips but I'm not watching cos I can't bear the man. 

He's gonna fucking HATE being an MP though. It's gonna bore the tits off him. This isn't the European Parliament where he's gonna be representing one of the major nation States and he can go and make his gob go and be listened to. And btw even that bored the tits off him and he never went. 

His voice in Parliament is gonna be fucking tiny and his finances and all of his MPs are gonna come under scrutiny. 

Remember when Galloway won and we were all told he was gonna be Starmer's worst nightmare. I haven't heard a fucking peep out of him since then.

The political press with Farage are like how David Brent is with Finchy. "Oh... Here he is. *stifled giggle* Big Nige. Bet you're here to sort us all out are you Nige? *giggle* He's mental this one. You just watch what he's gonna do now, it's gonna be CARNAGE."

They should all hang their heads. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I liked starmer’s speech and his line about the end of performance politics. Whatever you think of him, he is a serious politician. 

It wasn't bad but I didn't like "moderate stability" and a suggestion he'd reduce the role of government in people's lives. 

Those are okay if you're doing fine but I think there are large problems in this country that need addressing with immoderate interventionist action - namely housing, poverty and inequality - they won't get better "organically" no matter how many percentage points they add to GDP. 

Edited by NJS

Stealing a line from somebody else on a recent podcast, but having a 44 year old grandmother who was pregnant at 16, and living with a mam that couldn't read, appointed Deputy PM is not nothing. 

There'll be loads of people looking at that today and thinking "fucking hell, that could be me", who would NEVER have thought that before. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

I love this. :lol: Forced by her employer to go and listen to this fucking baboon, and using facial expressions as her silent protest against it all. Get her invited to Number 10.

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Stealing a line from somebody else on a recent podcast, but having a 44 year old grandmother who was pregnant at 16, and living with a mam that couldn't read, appointed Deputy PM is not nothing. 

There'll be loads of people looking at that today and thinking "fucking hell, that could be me", who would NEVER have thought that before. 

And btw, this is one of the reasons why Tories and the Tory press fucking hate and are scared of her. 

• Like 4