Politics

Christmas Tree

Reforms leader and ex leader winning their seats is to be expected. That the only other 2 they won were in Sunderland and Blyth is embarrassing for the region

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He went with "We have campaigned as Changed Labour, and we will govern as Changed Labour".

That's less a paraphrase than a direct lift (swap changed for new). 

I've said it before on here, but I'd have Blair back involved in a heartbeat. Brown too. I hope they both have the ear of Starmer cos he'll need all the advice he can get from Labour people that have been there and done it - there aren't many. 

I dare say you’re right. He shouldn’t be stood there invoking Blair though iyam. It’s his victory. He needs to be his own man..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sharp said:

i am top dalek pal,  the silver one a  the front, you will have seen iz in the dressing room photos

Shall I switch off your account until you sober up mate? 

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Reforms leader and ex leader winning their seats is to be expected. That the only other 2 they won were in Sunderland and Blyth is embarrassing for the region

They didn't win in Sunderland and Blyth. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They won:

Clacton

Boston and Skegness

Ashfield

And another one that I can't remember. But none on the North East. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Shall I switch off your account until you sober up mate? 

Have i hit a nerve mate? thought this was a banter forum

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

They won:

Clacton

Boston and Skegness

Ashfield

Great Yarmouth. 

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They won:

Clacton

Boston and Skegness

Ashfield

Great Yarmouth :good: 

Truss coming soon. I've had one hour sleep and I've got some daft cunt coming out to install a smart meter this morning. 

He rang last night to let me know he was coming and he clearly has some..... issues. Ten minutes later the phone goes again and it's him again repeating the exact conversation we just had.

I goes "Mate, I've just spoken to you. Are you still coming here first thing". 

Full of apologies. :lol:

But aye, I've got that to look forward to. Smart meter installed upside down is probably the best I can hope for. 

• Haha 5

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye, you could try some? 

I would if the banter was canny but it seems a bit defensive and one sided so i  am offering the alternative view point..

• Haha 1

Reform on 12% of the vote. No better than the Brexit Party. 

There's your fucking ELECTORAL EARTHQUAKE that we've all had to hear about all night. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I’ve voted since 1991 (missed 1987 by only being 17.5) and this is the first time the party I voted for has won the General Election :) 

Nice feeling, isn’t it? 

1 minute ago, Sharp said:

I would if the banter was canny but it seems a bit defensive and one sided so i  am offering the alternative view point..

You're not in sixth form. Most of us are in our 40s and 50s and have well established opinions. We don't need alternative view points, and if we did, we wouldn't get them from a thicket like you 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Truss coming soon. I've had one hour sleep and I've got some daft cunt coming out to install a smart meter this morning. 

He rang last night to let me know he was coming and he clearly has some..... issues. Ten minutes later the phone goes again and it's him again repeating the exact conversation we just had.

I goes "Mate, I've just spoken to you. Are you still coming here first thing". 

Full of apologies. :lol:

But aye, I've got that to look forward to. Smart meter installed upside down is probably the best I can hope for. 

You have to answer the door in a vest and pair of kegs, preferably with some food stains down the front. 

Don’t even acknowledge your appearance, just let the bloke in and twitch occasionally. 

• Haha 1

Funny one when you think it and Labour being criticised throughout for not offering much in terms of their campaign. But the Tories offered fuck all bar saying don’t vote for Labour and lying about Labour’s policies. It would have taken something amazing for the Conservatives to turn things round in their campaign but they did nothing. Just weird really. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sharp said:

Fuck off you silly cunt. 

Just woken up since probably 1am.  A new era. It'll take 5 years just to begin repairing the damage of the last 14 years.

• Like 2