Politics

Christmas Tree

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They got 29.1%.

27% in Blyth. 

Leadsom busy attributing the Tory failure to not being right wing enough. This sounds promising for an extended period in the wilderness. 

• Like 3

Panelist's panicking that Reform are hammering the Tories here. Forgetting that Sunderland and Blyth are well stocked with Brown hating thick heads and aren't representative of most parts of the country 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Two seats declared. Tories third in both. Leadsom on BBC declaring them "STILL the natural party of government".

Thats some Tyson Fury levels of denial 

Goodnight. I now know the headline result so I’ll leave it to the rest of you to pick over the Tory carcus.

• Like 1

This is gonna be Farage's big problem. If this bloke ends up winning, he's gonna have to chuck him out of the party. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Panelist's panicking that Reform are hammering the Tories here. Forgetting that Sunderland and Blyth are well stocked with Brown hating thick heads and aren't representative of most parts of the country 

I mean, you’re right but they’re more representative of the country than you think. These are the same dickheads who voted for brexit to “take back control of our borders”.  

Interesting that John Curtice says that Reform have underperformed slightly in the first couple of declarations. 

Wonder if that 13 is gonna end up being overegged. 

If it is, all the spackajacks who voted for them are gonna claim it's election fraud cos they went to bed having won 13 seats and woke up with less. 

Bridget giving a speech declaring that people have voted for hope and Labour's vision of the future wherein the country's best days are ahead of it :lol:

Have they fuck. Labour winning by default because everyone wantes to give the Tories a shoeing, more like.

I wish politicians could just tell things like they are, futile as that wish is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Bridget giving a speech declaring that people have voted for hope and Labour's vision of the future wherein the country's best days are ahead of it :lol:

Have they fuck. Labour winning by default because everyone wantes to give the Tories a shoeing, more like.

I wish politicians could just tell things like they are, futile as that wish is.

Get real man. She's just won a seat as an MP. What the fuck do you think she's gonna say!

• Like 1

As I said, I just wish this country could be honest with itself about anything.

Anyway, I find that I'm not that invested in any of this so I'm off to bed.

Here's to the next 5 years..!

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

the thing is they’ve got such a massive majority they can pretty much force through anything they want. Hopefully real change starts here - beginning with the low hanging fruit of closer alignment with the EU in many areas. We will soon get a sense of whether he’s ambitious or as boring as he seems. 

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

Nadine somehow coming across as an even bigger cunt/Karen than usual

I've had to put C4 off. Dorries won't shut up and she's plainly mental. They've got too many people on at the same time. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I've had to put C4 off. Dorries won't shut up and she's plainly mental. They've got too many people on at the same time. 

I stuck with it. I’m enjoying the quite bizarre cast of characters 

If I was Mandelson, if/when Labour hold Hartlepool, I'd be demanding they get botox boy back on to see if he still wants to flap his fucking gums about Reform's big night. 

Absolutely this btw:

Although tbf he got a bit testy at the end pointing at people in his party who don't tell the truth. 

Shame he waited til now to make his mouth go about it like, when it can just be written off as sour grapes. 

• Like 1

Labour querying the exit poll as it relates to Reform and saying, based on their data, Reform are not going to win 13 seats.