Politics

Christmas Tree

Just voted Green. Was going to vote Labour but following Starmer’s unnecessary “fuck you” to the majority of the UK who think we should rejoin the EU (latest poll 47% v 35%), he can go fuck himself up the arse with a luke warm Vindaloo.  

• Like 4

8 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

It’s not Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu then? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤔 

Nah, I live on the south island

46 minutes ago, Alex said:

I thought this was better advice:

IMG_8896.thumb.jpeg.812fca79b6a038b3887a48a46279406e.jpeg

Spot on that. Danny Murphy over Francis Begbie. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

BTW the Labour candidate here used to be in Gomez.  

Leaflet slogan: "14 years and we haven't turned around"

:boogie:

25 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Reminds of the subtitled scene in the original das boot series I got on a dodgy DVD from a lad I worked with. In the scene on BBC 2 the subtitles were 'shit! Schalke lost 4-0! No chance of the final now!' on the DVD the American translation was, 'shit! Our favourite soccer team lost 4-0. No chance of the final now' :lol:

Local drink place. :lol:

Extractor fans all over again. 

As for Das Boot, I'll always remember this quip:

"You're from Borussia Monchengladbach? Ahhh, yes, the place they throw away the baby and raise the after birth". 

• Haha 1

These cunts in the news channels already know the result. Looking for Campbell to give something away. :lol:

Kwasi Kwarteng grinning like a maniac, but he was doing that at the Queen's funeral so I'm ignoring it. 

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

So what channel we following? C4 for me.

Me too but getting the exit poll from the beeb. No logic like. 

Fucking Kwarsi Kwarteng is such a glutton for punishment. There’s no shit show he won’t put himself in front of a camera for.

I'm not gonna get hung up on the Reform 13 seats. Massive Labour win, Tories don't even have quite enough seats to form a proper opposition. 

Great result. 

• Like 1

Just now, Alex said:

I’ll take that

Me too. Relief. Three times as many Labour MPs as Cons. Still, I want them dead. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Less of a majority than 1997 though.

Opposition are tiny though so it’s completely different. If it’s correct, And the Lib Dems are much much more closely aligned to this government than this version of the Tory party 

Edited by Alex

Obviously as a purely academic exercise I can't claim to be in favour of proportional representation and have a problem with Reform winning seats, but yeah, urgh.

I guess we'll be missing out on some of the more speculative Tory scalps, which is a shame. Hopefully there'll be a few Portillo moments thanks to heavily localised tactical voting all the same. :good: