image.thumb.png.a14819e4355411c98415ba873e4659f1.png

spongebob: Hove and Portslade

image.thumb.png.93c3bac81f629a990a91a39b33ec1897.png

Dazzler: Newcastle Central and West

image.thumb.png.61b3ce3b056b9b977c04b35d938c9ead.png

The Fish: Cheadle

image.thumb.png.3d9b8d89bb011b691c0fd41c9c744e94.png

image.png

It almost sounds like an inducement to vote Farage.  "Get them" could be interpreted as "I'm gonna fucking GET you!".  Would be canny if the Mail has just sent all of its robots out to accidentally end the Tories. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It almost sounds like an inducement to vote Farage.  "Get them" could be interpreted as "I'm gonna fucking GET you!".  Would be canny if the Mail has just sent all of its robots out to accidentally end the Tories. 

Yeah, I thought it was ambiguous too, the absolute whoppers they are.

Think Poitics JOE released this at the start of the campaign, but seems even more apt now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Added to the top.  Looks like one of the too close to call seats - you're one of the 130k voters Sunak has been appealing to.  I'm pleased to hear you intend to disappoint him. 

I got a "personalised" letter from the sitting cunt claiming credit for the new train station which was first proposed in 98 and asking me to remember what a nightmare life was under new labour. 

As you know I'm not NL's biggest fan but nightmare is a bit strong :)

• Haha 1

Apparently Tory internal polling shows them confident of holding 80 seats with another 60 in play.  So if that's to be believed, they think their absolute ceiling is 140 seats. 

The final MRPs were all coalescing around 110 to 120ish yesterday. 

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Apparently Tory internal polling shows them confident of holding 80 seats with another 60 in play.  So if that's to be believed, they think their absolute ceiling is 140 seats. 

The final MRPs were all coalescing around 110 to 120ish yesterday. 

I guess turnout and the undecided are the unknown factors here. Purely my opinion, but I think turnout will be okay and I don't think that many people will be thinking last minute "another 5 years of this please".  So I am hoping for the lower margin but as you said yesterday, anyhtingin that range is an amazing night considering where we were 3 years ago. 

• Like 1

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

When do the first results come out? If I remember correctly it’s some sort of mackem constituency (begging to be relevant) that always comes out first?

Around midnight.  Possibly a bit before.  Although I'm sure I read somewhere that council cuts have meant that the Sunderland and Newcastle speed-counts are not likely to be as speedy this time around. 

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

When do the first results come out? If I remember correctly it’s some sort of mackem constituency (begging to be relevant) that always comes out first?

Actually Newcastle Central is a race with them (and beat them last time round iirc). But you won’t really know if the exit polls are looking right until about 3-4am when they start rolling in. Although earlier results will be a good indication of any swings from the last election 

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

I guess turnout and the undecided are the unknown factors here. Purely my opinion, but I think turnout will be okay and I don't think that many people will be thinking last minute "another 5 years of this please".  So I am hoping for the lower margin but as you said yesterday, anyhtingin that range is an amazing night considering where we were 3 years ago. 

There's been a lot of chat about turnout, and a lot of OMG only x% of 18 to 34 year olds even plan to vote....again trying to make out how much of a turnoff Starmer is. 

Every time I've seen it posted, one of the polling meganerds has replied "well that would be the highest proportion of that age group since X".  

The one thing I've seen is a comparison of people saying they were 10/10 to vote vs actual turnout, compared back over the last 6 or 7 elections, and the 10/10 figure for this election would suggest a slightly lower turnout this time around.  We'll see though. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

This is a week or so old, but it reckons Labour could hit the magical 326 at around 4 to 4:30am.

That graph is truly a thing of beauty. Labour slaughtering the tories at every stage of the night. I plan to make it until 2am and then will probably flake out.

10 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

21 hours ago, ewerk said: