Politics

Christmas Tree

2 hours ago, Renton said:

He's such a weird liar. Apparently he has a tradition of having "election pie". Assuming he only started this after he was parachuted into this consituency and got to know the butcher he's plugging (aye, right), that means he's done this twice. Tradition.

image.png.0807c39696e5ae776eb8b7e964c2e27d.png

That'll be the one with people's pets in. Kitson's/Kittens - makes you think !!!!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

FWIW The Sun endorses Labour.

Ive just read the article. It's written through gritted teeth and is  very thin on actual praise for Labour, yet lots of ass kissing in Sunaks direction. They also blame the large inflation on Ukraine and COVID then praise Sunak for getting it down 2% by not giving in to Trade Unions pay demands. LOLZ.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They're the dregs, like.  Would be nice if we lived in a world where Starmer could just say "thanks, but no thanks".  

You know what, he really could if he wanted with minimal damage. I guess a shoulder shrug should suffice though. 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He could today without it impacting the election.  But they'd spend the next 5 years absolutely gunning for him (I appreciate they'll do this for the most part anyway). 

Exactly. Many think Blair got too cosy with Murdoch (including Blair himself). Reality is they have almost no power now. 

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They're the dregs, like.  Would be nice if we lived in a world where Starmer could just say "thanks, but no thanks".  

There was some mad wife at work the other week trying to show me some article on their website about Starmer and his ‘lefty human rights lawyer’ days where he basically won a case by being good at his job. I’ve not read a word of the sun, to the best of my knowledge, in years. I mean, it came as no surprise it was fucking garbage but they genuinely produce their articles like the reader is about 8 years old. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Alex said:

There was some mad wife at work the other week trying to show me some article on their website about Starmer and his ‘lefty human rights lawyer’ days where he basically won a case by being good at his job. I’ve not read a word of the sun, to the best of my knowledge, in years. I mean, it came as no surprise it was fucking garbage but they genuinely produce their articles like the reader is about 8 years old. 

Their write up for their endorsement is an absolute shitshow.  So poorly written.  I mean it's not journalism, but you could at least pay for a decent copywriter who can actually write proper sentences. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Their write up for their endorsement is an absolute shitshow.  So poorly written.  I mean it's not journalism, but you could at least pay for a decent copywriter who can actually write proper sentences. 

And I know just the man!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRg7Y1J0eCuMBNi_tdIWc

• Haha 9

18 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

And I know just the man!

9254.thumb.jpg.029ef43752782fc3d4de2eaf3f08969d.jpg

"Things can only get better sang the labour supporters as passers by in Downing Street looked on in disbelief as the crowd serenaded the new PM as the man who would be king, one Sir Kier Starmer, was crowned last night. The man who once defended Peter Sutcliffe at the Old Bailey'on his dinner break at school got the keys to number ten Downing Street and when I asked him how he was feeling said, 'Lee, as one Knight to another, the burden of responsibility is huge, me to run this Magnificent country of ours and yours to keep your readers informed of events at the cathedral on the hill. We can but roll our sleeves up and get on with the job!" He then totally blanked someone who looked like Simon Bird at the back of the press pack who tried to ask him a question before going through that famous black door before giving your intrepid man on the NUFC beat a little nod. Things had got better indeed! Lol! Ryder and out...... What?.....err sorry.....This is Lee Ryder at Downing Street, for the Ronald Gill esquire. Over to you, young Waughy!"

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

image.png.220cb950b59edf5d1a807ea8898f2b61.png

:lol:

They can't get anything right.  No one likes a work martyr, and these dickheads spent two days trumpeting the work martyr. 

An interviewer managed to get that stupid junior tory minister yesterday to say she accepted her family had to suffer because of her job (she claimed to work 20 hours, 7 days a week). Nobody believes that bullshit and anyway the vast majority of us are not workaholics prepared to sacrifice everything else for our jobs. Especially the good people of toontastic. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Renton said:

An interviewer managed to get that stupid junior tory minister yesterday to say she accepted her family had to suffer because of her job (she claimed to work 20 hours, 7 days a week). Nobody believes that bullshit and anyway the vast majority of us are not workaholics prepared to sacrifice everything else for our jobs. Especially the good people of toontastic. 

Which did she think would be looked on more kindly by the public.  Someone who openly admits that her kids suffer because of her job or someone who says I make sure my kids don't suffer because of my job. 

Thick as mince. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

they’ve “backed” him. It’s a half-hearted endorsement. Neither Starmer’s picture nor his name appear on their splash  

But they do slag off the tories, which is the main thing. Might make a small difference. In another 5 years, I doubt it will make any difference as we'll all be watching deep fakes of Starmer killing kittens.