Politics

Christmas Tree

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You can't get yourself in a place where you won't be happy with a slightly better than 97 landslide. 

Aye, I'm sure a few high profile tory cunts going the distance will cheer me up. 

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

What a week! Beverly Hills Cop 4 out on Wednesday night, Election fever on Thursday night 🍆

It's our first date night Thursday night too, which I assume is what that aubergine is all about. 

The most recent electoral calculus was even worse for the Tories with them still as the third largest party in parliament and Labour with an even bigger majority. It’s pretty mental anyway though to think they’d take your hand off if you offered them 150 seats and would regard that as a success

There have got to be a lot of shy Tories out there when it comes to the polling. I know there always have been and the pollsters are used to weighting for it, but still, surely they'll be keeping quieter than ever given how shameful it is to admit to voting for them now. I still reckon the Tories will be well into three figures at least, but the Reform vote is such a huge unknown factor, so who knows. :dunno:

What I find really interesting from a nerdy perspective is we could be getting MPs elected in some constituencies on 25% of the vote or even low 20s, where you've got a three-way split plus the smaller parties doing OK. No wonder it's all so hard to predict. 

• Like 1

I'm with you, I still think they might end up with closer to 150. I'm also happier thinking that way cos then if something like the Survation poll happens it'll be tremendous. 

I can see me having at least one beer. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

I don't know what's more pathetic, chanting for Boris Johnson, or trying and failing to get a Rishi Sunak chant going. Fucking sadsacks. 

Getting Johnson in to try and save the campaign easily beats either of those 

• Haha 3