Politics

Christmas Tree

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Shambles, absolute shambles. 

Why did you post the blokes entire twitter history too?  :lol:

Some of my posts seem to be delayed by about 5 minutes. Odd. 

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Another one. What the fuck party did they think they were signing up to btw. 

Fair play to her, she didn't sign up to support racism and misogyny. All she wanted to do is get elected to parliament where she would work tirelessly to make other peoples' lives worse.

• Haha 2

Just now, Renton said:

What does he think the party he has now signed up to is like? :lol:

That's the sort of misogyny she was on about. It's the 21st century, women are allowed to be MPs too, granda.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That's the sort of misogyny she was on about. It's the 21st century, women are allowed to be MPs too, granda.

She's got TWO male(ish) names. She/her needs to use pronouns. 

• Haha 1

This is what happens when you privatise the fuck out of every public service. The irony that they're deeply concerned some of their key votes may not be delivered on time is not lost on me. You reap what you sow.

Government 'urgently' investigating general election postal ballot delays | Politics News | Sky News

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm assuming postal votes are biased towards the elderly and therefore the tories? What a shame. 

Mine arrived and was sent back on the same day. It's still appalling that a load of people have been disenfranchised - once you've signed up for postal voting, you can't vote on the day, so their vote is gone. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Mine arrived and was sent back on the same day. It's still appalling that a load of people have been disenfranchised - once you've signed up for postal voting, you can't vote on the day, so their vote is gone. 

I think you can drop the postal vote off at the polling station? No use if you're on holiday, obviously. 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

I think you can drop the postal vote off at the polling station

This is the kind of utterly pointless nonsense my lass comes out with :lol:

What’s the difference between taking your postal vote to the polling station and just voting normally? 

26 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm assuming postal votes are biased towards the elderly and therefore the tories? What a shame. 

Not just the elderly but the infirm too, see Gemmill for example A.

• Haha 6

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

I think you can drop the postal vote off at the polling station? No use if you're on holiday, obviously. 

You can, but not if you haven't received it. And there'll be loads of people postal voting because they can't physically get to the polling booth. Others will have gone on holiday and now can't vote. 

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

You can, but not if you haven't received it. And there'll be loads of people postal voting because they can't physically get to the polling booth. Others will have gone on holiday and now can't vote. 

I Postal Vote because I can't be arsed to go to some primary school and vote in person. 

I'm a lazy lazy boy. 

Tory vote def seems to be firming up in all of this week's polls. They're still way behind and with tactical voting, they should still be fairly well fucked, but might be closer to 150 seats than 50.

25 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Tory vote def seems to be firming up in all of this week's polls. They're still way behind and with tactical voting, they should still be fairly well fucked, but might be closer to 150 seats than 50.

Might be 150, but I don't think so. R&W seem to have been consistently low on Labour, and the longitudinal data there suggests last week was a blip for the tories. Or the latest one could just be noise or may signal the shift of some Reform back to the tories at the weekend. BUT. Theres a lag on these things and the tories have done themselves no favours most recently imo. And the mobilisation of the tories to the very high ground (seats they have 18,000 plus majorities in) doesn't bode well for them. 

Think I've said it before, but it reminds me of when under Robson we were playing the mackems. We were ace at the time and they were utterly shit. We were 2-0 up after a few arse-raping minutes but that's how it ended. So we'd just beaten them in a derby, and I felt deflated at the final whistle. If the tories get 150 seats on Thursday that is going to feel like a let down for me. I want them to go extinct. 

Edited by Renton