Politics

Christmas Tree

On 28/06/2024 at 21:44, Renton said:

It's a fair point. 15 million quid from Hester wasn't it, 5 of which they accepted after these comments. 

The silly cunt has been demonising immigrants for years. Boris laughed at letterbox burkas and he had nothing to say about it.

The Tories have done more to introduce Racism back into the mainstream in the last 14 years than anyone else. They've laid the groundwork for Reform to do what they are doing 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Sunak's showing on Kuenssberg less an interview and more a party political broadcast. Kuenssberg can't get a word in edgeways

Watching it on delay now. Actually think LK is doing alright reading out viewers comments and he's hoisting himself on his own petard. He looks flustered, irritated, and generally a complete prick. Pretending hes suffered because of high energy bills ffs, he's useless. Fair play to the BBC for playing that medley of Sunak fails before as well tbh. 

The Trumpian lies still grate, but not much longer now. 

Think the beeb have finally awoken to the reality of who their bosses are going to be tbh. 

Sunak is a fucking stuck record here. He's literally misquoting LK from something she's said just seconds earlier. 

More trade with India? I think even the gammonest gammon knows what that means. 

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Amazing to think that Ed Davey could become LOTO simply by touring around the country for a month having the time of his life on someone else’s dime.

Fair play. He's like the kid in the playground eating wotsits watching the kid Keith giving the little kid Rich a braying. When it's all over,  with Rich a bloody pulp on the floor, he'll be "Fancy a wotsit Keith?" 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

There will be a lot of Labour MP's suddenly finding religion :lol: 

How do you mean? Have I been whooshed (again)? :lol: 

@GemmillYou’ll be pleased to hear I had some more absolute nonsense through the door yesterday from our favourite Tory candidate / Clarence Boddicker lookalike. He’s rated as having a 1% chance to win the seat so it’s nice to see his bullshit is, if anything, counterproductive. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Alex said:

@GemmillYou’ll be pleased to hear I had some more absolute nonsense through the door yesterday from our favourite Tory candidate / Clarence Boddicker lookalike. He’s rated as having a 1% chance to win the seat so it’s nice to see his bullshit is, if anything, counterproductive. 

The one with Starmer as Lord Kitchener? :lol:

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Renton said:

Watching it on delay now. Actually think LK is doing alright reading out viewers comments and he's hoisting himself on his own petard.

Aye, I more meant Sunak just looks rude and misogynistic ranting over LK every time she tries to speak. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

How do you mean? Have I been whooshed (again)? :lol: 

:lol: 

No, about 250 seats on the government benches and the only way to reserve a seat is to turn up each day for morning prayers.  Nobody will still want to have to sit on the opposition side.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I try not to think about but we are heading into very unstable times. 

New series on Netflix on the rise of Hitler. Biggest message to me is we never learn.

Edited by Renton

Some chat about Macron's party and the far left party (who came second) coming up with some sort of arrangement before the second round. 

I don't understand how French politics works, so don't know how they would do it, but hopefully they can sort something. 

I don't know why I put myself through it but I've just watched Sunak on Laura K. The bloke is clearly knackered and sick of criticism of everything he does, but as a result he's completely forgotten how to behave under challenge.

Aggressive, snippy, misquoting the question and getting angry about it, this whiny voice like a kid arguing with his parents. He's absolutely embarrassing himself at this stage. I bet Thursday can't come soon enough for him. 

• Like 2