Politics

Christmas Tree

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

They went to Liverpool yesterday (10pm news) and somehow couldn't find a Labour voter! :lol:

We laugh but this is fucking Orwellian levels of bullshit at this point. Liverpool has 5 constituencies. Every single one is Labour (or was until Parliament was dissolved). Electoral calculus gives Labour a 100% chance of winning each one again this time round. Predicting getting 60-70% of the vote in each case. 

• Like 1

The BBC debate last night. This bloke Robert gets up and reads a pre-approved question which is basically "Sunak, you're a mediocre PM, Starmer, you're being controlled by people high up in the Labour Party. Are you two really the best this country can do?" 

So, an insult, framed as a question, with some conspiracy theory nonsense thrown in. Read from a printed card, so clearly pre-approved. 

And then BBC Breakfast this morning, reporting on the debate says:

"but perhaps the night belonged to Robert"... And plays his question and the applause that followed it in full. 

This is the BBC deciding the story of the night in advance by allowing someone to stand up and insult the PM and presumptive PM, and then reporting it the next morning as the main story of the debate.

Please just fuck off. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And btw, the stuff about being controlled by people high up in the Labour Party was printed on the card too. He didn't just chuck that in as an ad-lib. 

Starmer should have said "Mate, I'm the actual fucking leader of the party. If you can find someone higher up than me, please tell me who they are cos I'd like to meet them."

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

The replies indicate that this Tory is doing Tory election things that Tories do. They couldn't lie straight in bed.

Same person, right? 

image.png.b2bdb3dac3ffd8ec2b92eef05d84b909.png

Aye, just checked, she is a tory councillor. Why has she always voted Labour? :lol:

https://democracy.lbhf.gov.uk/mgUserInfo.aspx?UID=1828

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The BBC debate last night. This bloke Robert gets up and reads a pre-approved question which is basically "Sunak, you're a mediocre PM, Starmer, you're being controlled by people high up in the Labour Party. Are you two really the best this country can do?" 

So, an insult, framed as a question, with some conspiracy theory nonsense thrown in. Read from a printed card, so clearly pre-approved. 

And then BBC Breakfast this morning, reporting on the debate says:

"but perhaps the night belonged to Robert"... And plays his question and the applause that followed it in full. 

This is the BBC deciding the story of the night in advance by allowing someone to stand up and insult the PM and presumptive PM, and then reporting it the next morning as the main story of the debate.

Please just fuck off. 

Not unlike Peston’s absolute determination to make the betting thing a huge, cross-party scandal. Even though there’s fuck all evidence that’s the case and not to mention there’s zero equivalence between those close to the PM using inside information to bet on the election date and, for example, Ed Davey having a few quid in how many seats the Lib Dems were going to win in a previous GE. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Sir John Hall has just nailed his colours to the Reform mast. Attending a rally in Houghton Le Spring with Farage earlier. 

I'm sure the Mackems were pleased to see him. 

TBF, it's been a good long while since I had any fondness for Mr MetroCentre and ardent Thatcher fan, hall. Couldn't get his shekels quick enough from Ashley after he'd made a pretty penny from NUFC for a few years. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Sir John Hall has just nailed his colours to the Reform mast. Attending a rally in Houghton Le Spring with Farage earlier. 

I'm sure the Mackems were pleased to see him. 

Certainly going to cause them some mental gymnastics which is fun.  🙂 

• Haha 2

He's the perfect celebrity endorsement for them. 91 years old, and extremely wealthy and out of touch. Doesn't have to worry about who the next government is because he'll be dead before any of their plans come to fruition. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Certainly going to cause them some mental gymnastics which is fun.  🙂 

"Ere Nigel mayut. Listen, av gorra lorra time for yer, absolewtley loved what yer done with Brexit n that, an I ayut.... I meeyn I absolewtley ayut the Muslums. But did yiz av ter bring a fuckun mag with yer?! Wuh dinnit like Sir John round ere marra."

• Haha 4

Latest electoral calculus MRP poll of polls (updated 22nd June) is mental. Labour predicted to get 450 seats. Reform 19 (videprinter: NINETEEN). Tories 61 seats and that would, if correct, see Ed Davey as the leader of the opposition (Libdems on 70 MPs). 
https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/prediction_main.html

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

:lol:

They've lost the fucking plot. Apart from being infantile, on what level does this work? Insanity. 

:lol: Everything she says is reasonable and would resonate with most workers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Would be a MASSIVE shock if Reform end up with that many seats. It's the only result that would make Ed Davey LOTO, but I think I'd take a Tory and up to 5 seats for Reform over that. 

Yeah. It would give Reform and Farage far too much credibility 

• Like 1