Politics

Christmas Tree

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Can't believe you just admitted to be being shorter than famously diminutive Tom Cruise.

Tom Cruise is 5'7 but he also wears lifts in his shoes and thinks an alien threw his soul into a volcano so even if he's taller than me, I still win by not being a completely tapped cretin.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

Tom Cruise is 5'7 but he also wears lifts in his shoes and thinks an alien threw his soul into a volcano so even if he's taller than me, I still win by not being a completely tapped cretin.

Google says he's 5' 7 and 3/4"

Got you beat by almost an inch. Like John Holmes and me.

• Haha 2

Colleague at work who knows fuck all about politics has asked me whether I think Sunak is deliberately trying to lose the election. At this point, I'm not sure any more. Why do they keep doing this? 

They’re so incompetent that if they were trying to lose they’d be doing better in the polls. 
Also re: the James Cracknell comments. I mean, he’s right but also blissfully unaware of what an absolute fucking gargantuan thundercunt he would have to be to even think about standing as a candidate for this particular incarnation of that lot 

• Haha 2

It's a shame this stupid Labour candidate put a bet on himself to lose his constituency, giving the sizable portion of the electorate that can't tie it's fucking shoelaces a chance to claim that "they're all the same" even though there's zero equivalence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

It's a shame this stupid Labour candidate put a bet on himself to lose his constituency, giving the sizable portion of the electorate that can't tie it's fucking shoelaces a chance to claim that "they're all the same" even though there's zero equivalence. 

Yep, complete false equivalence both qualitatively and quantitatively. And also:

7 hours ago, Renton said:

Yep, complete false equivalence both qualitatively and quantitatively. And also:

Saw him saying that on the news and my immediate assumption was he’s just made that up. Because he’s another one who, whilst not being as bad as LK, has never really taken this government to task much. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Alex said:

Saw him saying that on the news and my immediate assumption was he’s just made that up. Because he’s another one who, whilst not being as bad as LK, has never really taken this government to task much. 

Agreed, I think Peston, like LK is another one who likes the drama more than he likes the truth. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Agreed, I think Peston, like LK is another one who likes the drama more than he likes the truth. 

Absolutely. He actually had the fucking cheek to say, in light of this, that we should be discussing more important matters. Before attempting to equate this with the expenses scandal, based purely on what he claims he’s heard. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

peston-kuenssberg2.jpg

Just loving life on the Boris campaign trail.

I never listen to LK's news cast podcast thing, but I listened to the one she did in the aftermath of the May local elections. They were playing Andy Street's concession speech (outgoing Tory West Midlands mayor) and I don't know if they didn't realise their mics were still on, but she goes "Ohhhh I REALLY like him!" in this sort of I AM GUTTED voice, and there was this big snotty sniff - I'm not saying she was def bealing, but she sounded genuinely upset. 

I mean wtf is that. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Alex said:

Absolutely. He actually had the fucking cheek to say, in light of this, that we should be discussing more important matters. Before attempting to equate this with the expenses scandal, based purely on what he claims he’s heard. 

This morning the Times Steve Swinford is reporting as "BREAKING" that Scottish Secretary Alister Jack has admitted to placing three bets on a genny lec in May, June or July. He placed these bets in April. No knowledge, just a bloke having a punt. 

That's not even a news story, never mind Breaking news. It must occur to these people that by reporting betting non-stories, they are helping the Tories, because there will be some people who see that and go "Is that what all the fuss has been about?! Ridiculous!" 

• Like 2

Question for 10, who said this about who?

Do not let the bigots and bullies win

Answer: Kemi Badenoch about David Tennant. :lol:

For full disclosure, from the Guardian. This is batshit hypocrisy and victimhood of the highest calibre, well done Kemi. 👏

image.png.519fa640e75e30747d5282e705d79f40.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Question for 10, who said this about who?

Answer: Kemi Badenoch about David Tennant. :lol:

For full disclosure, from the Guardian. This is batshit hypocrisy and victimhood of the highest calibre, well done Kemi. 👏

image.png.519fa640e75e30747d5282e705d79f40.png

That’s a case of accusing your enemy of what you are guilty of yourself, which Joseph Goebbels definitely didn’t say :cuppa: 

• Like 2

Braverman’s just employed a similar tactic. Claiming that people called her (in her words) a ‘genocidal bleep’ at the supermarket. Possibly true. Also her kids were there, because of course they would be because that’s a classic appeal to emotion. Then the people who called her it followed her to the checkouts continuing the abuse. Then they rang up several of their friends who repeated the insult over the phone. At this point her security intervened. She’s not a MLF by any chance is she? 

• Haha 5

31 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

That’s a case of accusing your enemy of what you are guilty of yourself, which Joseph Goebbels definitely didn’t say :cuppa: 

Aye. But Goebbles was good at it. Badenoch just invokes laughter. They're very bad at this. Good chance she will lose her seat. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

Braverman’s just employed a similar tactic. Claiming that people called her (in her words) a ‘genocidal bleep’ at the supermarket. Possibly true. Also her kids were there, because of course they would be because that’s a classic appeal to emotion. Then the people who called her it followed her to the checkouts continuing the abuse. Then they rang up several of their friends who repeated the insult over the phone. At this point her security intervened. She’s not a MLF by any chance is she? 

There is a lesson in here for her, should she choose to learn it. If you set out to stir up hatred, you might find that it isn't always focused in your intended direction, you genocidal bleep. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye. But Goebbles was good at it. Badenoch just invokes laughter. They're very bad at this. Good chance she will lose her seat. 

The issue Badenoch will have throughout her public life is that she’s absolutely fucking mental. She’ll end up on GBNews. 

• Like 2