Politics

Christmas Tree

Thought this was very good. It won't matter a bit with the people voting for Reform, etc, but moon on a stick manifestos do have an impact on the campaign, and the smaller parties get away with some pure bullshit. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

IMG_20240624_150223.thumb.jpg.eb27da8b97ea8f690e8931bde2ce35b5.jpg

"Mossad set those dates."

image.png.d92c01e776c83e00b344e86d785a9a1e.png

“Mossad? Only on a hot dog with some ketchup and fried onions.”

• Haha 2

I read quite an interesting piece but I can’t remember where now. Thought it might’ve the Institute for Government but I can’t find it now. Anyway it’s about how 2019 was wholly exceptional due to the perceived personality of Corbyn and Brexit. And how Labour shouldn’t use it as a baseline for this election. It basically argues there are no safe Tory seats but Labour are playing it too safe. Sticking to what it originally believed were the battleground seats in terms of canvassing resources. I’m not sure the leadership could be convinced it’s worth the risk. But it’s quite crazy to think the ridiculous lead they have and predicted majority could be even better 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

New MRP. 250 seat majority and that's based on an 18 point lead. I think the average polling lead is actually 20 points, which makes the next slide interesting.... 

Almost half of the 110 seats the Tories win in this MRP are marginal - note the top of the slide says that if the Labour lead is 2 points higher, ie in line with the polling average, 52 of those 110 Tory seats would go elsewhere. 

If the polling is right, this lot winning even 150 seats is right at the extreme end of what they could hope for. Pretty mental. 

Edited by Gemmill

5 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

Awww, it's quite cute how much they're smiling at Nigel. 

Aww GIF

I say cute, I mean pathetic and a bit depressing. :good:

• Haha 2

If anyone can bring themselves to watch it. 

Incredibly, Kate Ferguson, who is heavily rumoured to be shagging Tory Party Chairman Ric Holden, is doing the post-debate analysis. :lol:

Sunak is up first so I'm just gonna watch him hopefully get slaughtered and turn it off. 

If Labour get in, Starmer is gonna let all the unprocessed asylum cases stay, and just release them onto the streets according to Sunak. :lol:

He's gone crackers. 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

In Salisbury ffs. :lol:

The home of an actual confirmed Russian poisoning. 

Never understood, how/why that got played down as it did, deploying a nerve agent, which could have killed dozens, in this country was surely an act of war. Now I wouldn't have expected us to bomb Moscow, but we should have done more than metaphorically shrug our shoulders and tut-tut a bit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Never understood, how/why that got played down as it did, deploying a nerve agent, which could have killed dozens, in this country was surely an act of war. Now I wouldn't have expected us to bomb Moscow, but we should have done more than metaphorically shrug our shoulders and tut-tut a bit.

Well the Tories were awash with oligarch money at the time 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Plus they own half of London 

And still do, we should have confiscated it, but that would, as Alex said, bite the hand that feeds the Tories

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

And still do, we should have confiscated it, but that would, as Alex said, bite the hand that feeds the Tories

there would be more of them in the lords if they hadn’t invaded Ukraine 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

In Salisbury ffs. :lol:

The home of an actual confirmed Russian poisoning. 

something Corbyn wouldn’t condemn. Another Putin apologist 

• Like 4

There are definitely apologists for Putin on the left, but as I recall from this issue, Corbyn's stance was that we should investigate the matter through the proper channels in line with our international commitments, rather than the Tory approach of eschewing international norms and operating unilaterally, which in the end diminished our ability to do anything in response.

I remember arguing about it on here at the time and I still think Corbyn was right about this one. Mind you, that doesn't stop the guy being a Putin apologist more generally - he was.

• Like 1