Politics

Christmas Tree

Is this now a good strategy for the tories? I'm not sure it is. They're relying on voter apathy from the Labour side to lessen the wipe out, But at the same time, if you admit you have lost is that really going to motivate potential conservatives who are on the fence? Just my own opinion, but I just think people are underestimating the shear anger and hatred felt against the tories, and tactical voting, which I think will play a bigger role than ever. Also, its undeniable Starmer is actually having a decent campaign and so far hasn't really made a mistake.

This is why the idea of a Farage takeover and them roping to victory can be massively discounted imo. He's not a well liked bloke, and he's certainly not seen as PM material. 

Both Sunak and Starmer are beating him comfortably in the "would make a good PM" polling. 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Is this now a good strategy for the tories? I'm not sure it is. They're relying on voter apathy from the Labour side to lessen the wipe out, But at the same time, if you admit you have lost is that really going to motivate potential conservatives who are on the fence? Just my own opinion, but I just think people are underestimating the shear anger and hatred felt against the tories, and tactical voting, which I think will play a bigger role than ever. Also, its undeniable Starmer is actually having a decent campaign and so far hasn't really made a mistake.

Anecdotal obvs but they've been running a phone in on 5 Live about a "Labour supermajority" this morning. Setting aside the fact that they've just adopted nonsensical Tory language, there have been lifelong Tory voters ringing in saying that the party deserves to be wiped out. 

21 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Once that one virgin cable tied himself to the post against Everton I’ve hoped one of them would suffocate.

Gemmil wasn't happy either. That's when it all started falling apart. 

19 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

880 arrived on Tuesday. That's 3 year's worth of the Rwanda policy which is costing hundreds of millions. Sunak has utterly failedon what he has made his key pledge. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

And just like that 13.5m dogs just started barking.

• Like 2

232657660_maxresdefault(8).thumb.jpg.77f9a3434a56e720788b4bb8ce0e86a0.jpg

"We went back in time and asked a hundred Tories if they'd like to pay the optional 10% tax on their betting slip. The Tories said....."

1421.gif.3b24f25c416df6d3fe04d25ffd478f77.gif

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Just.... :lol:

:lol:

I once read a book called 'the oldest living vampire..... Unleashed!'

Same vibes.

I think it's a shame such a handsome devil as Johnson should be represented as shadowy cabal mujina. 

So I've used my latest AI skills to fairly rerpresent him. :)

image.png.53c365f9a217710bcf010afb53024875.png

Edit: seems to me both him and Trump have been stung by the same anaphylactic gifting wasp. 

Edited by Renton

What I really don't get about this is, given he seems to have told everyone else including Larry the cat, why the fuck didn't he tell Cameron and let him jet off to Albania? :lol:

10 hours ago, Gemmill said:

The husband - Director of Campaigns, Tony Lee - took a leave of absence yesterday. 

I'm sure it's unrelated to any alleged wrongdoing, and he just had some other things to do in the middle of an election campaign of which he is the director. 

He’s been doing such a sterling job lately he deserves a few weeks off.

31 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

So I posted “Fuck off and die” to Johnson plugging his book and….

EF72E342-D467-4AE4-8D2F-F17AF4B294B6.jpeg

No one’s going to buy it anyway- the first 300 pages are given over to dedications to his kids. 

• Haha 7

On 19/06/2024 at 07:31, The Fish said:

It's not going to motivate those with power to enact change to do anything. Just Stop Oil are actually recruiting people to the other side with their nonsense. 

Quiet on here today. Two weeks today they will be gone. Pretty much every poll I've seen recently has Reform and the Cons on near enough the same points or have Reform ahead even.