Politics

Christmas Tree

It’s looks like a huge section of the Conservative Party have shown their true colours and have migrated to Reform.

i suspect some of right centre might also vote for them in protest over their disaster of a party as well. What a mess.

Labour are playing everything safe in the lead up to this. They don’t particularly impress me but I hope it’s just a play to get into power. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Renton said:

Farage on Nicky Campbell show on R5 getting a soft interview. Urghh, this is horrible. 

It does become a concern when he's everywhere on the airwaves. The bloke is a proven snake oil salesman, and he's very good at it. He'll start brainwashing the dopes from all age groups if he's given enough air time. 

I still think he's destined to only ever be a fringe character, but he's a fringe character that's given far too much exposure by the media in the name of ratings. 

They get him on to say mental shit, and then punish right thinking presenters for calling it out when he says mental shit. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Renton said:

Farage on Nicky Campbell show on R5 getting a soft interview. Urghh, this is horrible. 

Nicky Campbell is horrible 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Nicky Campbell is horrible 

I used to quite like him but he's fucking hopeless politically, needs to go out to pasture. Fortunately O'Brien starts on LBC at 10. 

Farage is becoming a self fulfilling prophecy. Being allowed to pollute the air waves, unchecked. As Gemmill says, he will sway a large proportion of the feeble minded, especially older people. But Hitler started out as a fringe politician of course. As I alluded to yesterday, he's another reason to hate the tories, rather than fight him head on, they have lappeased him, let him infiltrate their party from within, and now seemingly refuse to actually even challenge him. He will destroy them completely. Then what happens? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

I used to quite like him but he's fucking hopeless politically, needs to go out to pasture. Fortunately O'Brien starts on LBC at 10. 

Farage is becoming a self fulfilling prophecy. Being allowed to pollute the air waves, unchecked. As Gemmill says, he will sway a large proportion of the feeble minded, especially older people. But Hitler started out as a fringe politician of course. As I alluded to yesterday, he's another reason to hate the tories, rather than fight him head on, they have lappeased him, let him infiltrate their party from within, and now seemingly refuse to actually even challenge him. He will destroy them completely. Then what happens? 

This is my biggest worry about Starmer, if he doesn't achieve much in the first term because he is too timid to face the actual huge problems the country has, the Tory Party will still be fucked and the public are stupid enough to give Farage real power

If he’s arsed enough then his next quest could be PR. It’s the only way Reform become a force. I think he’ll go back to the sidelines (possibly USA) after the election though. You’re right about his being dangerous and indulged though. Like the lesson should’ve well and truly been learned. This is where I agree with SpongeBob and Rayvin about the dishonesty re: Brexit. Because in the case of Farage, he should be hauled over the coals for the pup he sold. Then taken to task about his inevitable ‘version of Brexit’

18 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

There's still 37% who think Reform or the Tories are the best choice. People are idiots

This was my point from the other day - the idea a tory wipe out means the end of cuntishness and the dawn of a "progressive" future is nonsense. 

Note that Labour have had to pander to that cuntishness on immigration, trans rights and brexit just to get to 45% as well. 

Edited by NJS

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

If he’s arsed enough then his next quest could be PR. It’s the only way Reform become a force. I think he’ll go back to the sidelines (possibly USA) after the election though. You’re right about his being dangerous and indulged though. Like the lesson should’ve well and truly been learned. This is where I agree with SpongeBob and Rayvin about the dishonesty re: Brexit. Because in the case of Farage, he should be hauled over the coals for the pup he sold. Then taken to task about his inevitable ‘version of Brexit’

Think he will be the leader of a new centre right (read far right) party called "Conform". I still have enough faith in the populace to believe this party could not win an election though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJS said:

This was my point from the other day - the idea a tory wipe out means the end of cuntishness and the dawn of a "progressive" future is nonsense. 

Note that Labour have had to pander to that cuntishness on immigration, trans rights and brexit just to get to 45% as well. 

Glass half full. 63% aren't buying it. Much higher in younger demographics. 

• Like 1

Best case scenario is Farage kills the Tories but loses in Clacton. That would end his involvement in mainstream politics in this country. He can fuck off and tongue Trump's hole for the rest of his life. 

Unlikely because Clacton appears to be 70% thick as fuck, but I can dream. 

• Like 1

This stuff that's coming out this morning about setting up Mission Boards that Starmer will chair across all key objectives, is at least an attempt to do things differently, and evidence of someone with a plan to actually get things done. 

I'm hopeful. I know everyone is super cynical at the minute, but I've seen nothing to suggest that Starmer doesn't WANT to do the right thing. I hope/think that he's just being very careful not to promise to do these things before he knows the full extent of the challenge. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

Mordaunt going out like a straight up lunatic. 

She’s the closest thing they’ve got to a competent, sensible public speaker. And she’s fucking tapped 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Best case scenario is Farage kills the Tories but loses in Clacton. That would end his involvement in mainstream politics in this country. He can fuck off and tongue Trump's hole for the rest of his life. 

Unlikely because Clacton appears to be 70% thick as fuck, but I can dream. 

They’re predicting reform will win there. But also that it’ll be their only seat. I don’t really think it’ll change his position as serial grifter much at all. He certainly won’t be interested in doing a job for his constituents in any meaningful way. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Renton said:

Think he will be the leader of a new centre right (read far right) party called "Conform". I still have enough faith in the populace to believe this party could not win an election though. 

Deform

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

They’re predicting reform will win there. But also that it’ll be their only seat. I don’t really think it’ll change his position as serial grifter much at all. He certainly won’t be interested in doing a job for his constituents in any meaningful way. 

He'll do what he did as an MEP. Turn up for less than half the votes, but get on telly loads and clip up the odd question in Parliament for his social media. 

I don't know what the requirement is for minority parties to have representation on committees, but he could definitely be a grandstanding cunt in the manner of MTG if he finds his way on to any of them. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

My problem is it's dishonest. 70% of people know Brexit is a disaster and none of the other 30% would vote Labour anyway. Make Brexit work is a lie. It just makes me utterly depressed to see the lie written into the manifesto

brexit doesn't work, but they're going to try to make it work better than it is at the moment is by aligning standards in key areas, unilaterally in some cases. rejoining the SM and CU are clearly to follow, probably in their second term, as both are in our economic interests, but we can forget about rejoining anytime soon. the terms on offer (schengen/joining the euro etc) make it unviable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He'll do what he did as an MEP. Turn up for less than half the votes, but get on telly loads and clip up the odd question in Parliament for his social media. 

I don't know what the requirement is for minority parties to have representation on committees, but he could definitely be a grandstanding cunt in the manner of MTG if he finds his way on to any of them. 

Exactly my thoughts too. He'll lose interest pretty quickly, and will just rock up when it's convenient for him, but get enough air time to placate the dribbling masses that hang out the back of him

The fact that there are people who genuinely believe that he'll be leader of the opposition after this election is what gets me  - that would be the worst outcome for Farage, second only to actually winning the election as it means he'd actually have to do some graft - one thing he doesn't like doing at all :lol:

5 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Exactly my thoughts too. He'll lose interest pretty quickly, and will just rock up when it's convenient for him, but get enough air time to placate the dribbling masses that hang out the back of him

The fact that there are people who genuinely believe that he'll be leader of the opposition after this election is what gets me  - that would be the worst outcome for Farage, second only to actually winning the election as it means he'd actually have to do some graft - one thing he doesn't like doing at all :lol:

Good point, it would be Deputy PMQs every week cos that cunt would never be there. Starmer could have every Wednesday actually getting on with some graft.