Politics

Christmas Tree

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Post-covid, parents think they now just a have a direct line in to teachers to criticise everything they do. 

The lack of SEND facilities now means that mainstream schools are just having to pick up the slack and it's basically impossible to run a classroom like that. 

All sorts basically. It's a fucking dismal profession these days. 

I was on a call the other day at work and one of the women on the call was complaining that she has to get her kid from school by 5pm now, and "I just don't think they give any thought at all to working parents".

I genuinely had to bite my tongue not to say "bitch, they're TEACHERS. It's not paid fucking childcare. Your kids are going there to be taught. FOR FREE. Once the lessons are over, you're lucky they aren't bottled out to roam the streets. These people have their own kids to go home to as well you know" 

The entitlement of parents is easily the worst thing about the job according to my lass. 

Aye. I think it’s the way of the world now. Just entitlement everywhere you go.

i know some cunt on the school run that badgered the teachers and everyone else to get her child an autistic diagnosis.

My boy said she is the most well behaved kid and top of the class for academia. Also runs for the school etc etc. Basically an Angel. There is no way she needs extra support both academically nor emotionally. Of course she might well autistic but she doesn’t need the big fat benefit payment she gets.

• Like 3

Tories still 70 candidates short of the requirement with 24 hours to go. 

Reform are 170ish short (!) but have a candidate in 84% of Conservative held seats. Wonder if they'll just aim to get someone stood in all Tory held seats, cos that's a lot of trips to Wetherspoons in the next 24 hours. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Hog said:

Talking to my mate you can throw in the "make or break" Ofsted visit too as adding to the pressure cooker atmosphere.

Aye that's true as well. 

Local Billericay tory members are sending letters of no confidence to the local association, so they can deselect Richard Holden and force an alternative candidate. :lol:

25 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Local Billericay tory members are sending letters of no confidence to the local association, so they can deselect Richard Holden and force an alternative candidate. :lol:

Mental that they’re parachuting candidates into ‘safe seats’ the polls suggest they are going to lose. And pissing off their base in the process, it would seem. 

• Like 1

Tories down 4, Reform up 5. 

There's a few polls where Labour are down 3 and 4 points, but it doesn't matter cos the Tory position gets so much worse cos of Reform. 

Even with Labour's lead vs the Tories shrinking, the rise of Reform means Labour ends up with a bigger majority. 

Ed Davey better get his official opposition leader boots polished. 

• Like 2

Some mate that Sunak has for an advisor, mind. Leaving the D-Day commemorations early sounds like the kind of thing you’d tell your mate to do on a wind-up and Sunak is genuinely stupid enough to do it 

• Haha 3

It's the fact they booked the interview slot in in advance as well. :lol: Like aye, D-Day thing won't take long. An hour waving a wreath about should do it. Need to get back and convince socially conservative pensioners that I didn't lie about that 2 grand thing. They'll not give a fuck about D-Day. 

Treating the D-Day celebrations like I treat any and every family event with a "how soon can I politely fuck this off" vibe. 

The poppy police all over the fact he doesn't have his poppy on in the interview too. 

• Like 1

It now transpires the original plan was for him not to attend at all. They'd told the French he wouldn't be there cos he'd be too busy campaigning, and what happened yesterday was their compromise. 

It is genuinely like they're trying to lose. 

• Like 2

:lol:

Cabinet of all the talents. He's picked a good day to do this tbf cos all anyone is talking about is Sunak, who's now had to put out an apology:

Absolutely mental all of this. 

• Haha 1

A lad I know posted on Insta about Biden's speech at yesterdays D-Day thing. I said I was embarrassed by him and surprised he didn't say something like 'Welcome to Germany'.  I asked surely the US has two better options than him and Trump.  He replied with;

'I hate to say to it but Farage is the most eloquent and engaging speaker right now'

WTF

This lad I used to train and race with.  He did have his head screwed on.  But in recent years has just posted odd shit up.  I shared a post about the rise in foodbanks and he replied with 'Have you ever thought it could be used by people who can afford food as a way of saving money for holidays'  I mean WTF!

• Jaysus... 2

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The BBC political team, aka CCHQ Spin Team deployed to nullify things. 

@Dr Gloom

;)

"Beeb political team to conservative party, repeat, Beeb political team to conservative party....."

🎶

sddefault.jpg

🎵

• Haha 7

39 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The BBC political team, aka CCHQ Spin Team deployed to nullify things. 

@Dr Gloom

;)

WK-AK224_BOOKS2_20071011174112.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Crikey, this is mental… 

IMG_4689.jpeg

BTW The wife has just bought JO'B new book about broken Britain.  I dont know if I can read it tbh.  It will anger the fuck out of me. (I know thats not difficult like)

• Like 1

Finally some vox pops I can get behind.

There's a Geordie on there who's lost his medals at the event, sadly. 

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

BTW The wife has just bought JO'B new book about broken Britain.  I dont know if I can read it tbh.  It will anger the fuck out of me. (I know thats not difficult like)

I'm reading Ian Dunt's How Westminster Works, And Why It Doesn't, and it's excellent. 

I want to read O'Brien's, but same story, feel like it'll just be a blood pressure raiser. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

Cabinet of all the talents. He's picked a good day to do this tbf cos all anyone is talking about is Sunak, who's now had to put out an apology:

Absolutely mental all of this. 

With the child allowance thing, man. :lol: It’s like he’s a bit embarrassed because he knows he should know. But at the same time the overwhelming vibe is that they don’t really care because they don’t really give a shit and it’s just a bit of a boring chore even having to do the interview 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Yeah I listened to it last year…he utterly skewers the main players from the catastrofuck of last 14 years..