Politics

Christmas Tree

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Reminiscing? She was nine when it kicked off.

I know. That didn't stop her watching the armada depart Portsmouth all teary eyed apparently, and it was then and there she knew she was a Thatcherite. 

Meanwhile I was pretending to be a Vulcan bomber. 

• Haha 3

Even by her standards, Dorries has gone 'full unhinged'! She's aware these people are in the same party as her, right? :lol:

33 minutes ago, Renton said:

I know. That didn't stop her watching the armada depart Portsmouth all teary eyed apparently, and it was then and there she knew she was a Thatcherite. 

Meanwhile I was pretending to be a Vulcan bomber. 

Did you get counted back in? 

• Haha 1

Surely it’s the norm in this sort of thing. She’d do it if she wasn’t thick as pig’s shit and Johnson definitely would’ve employed similar tactics 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Surely it’s the norm in this sort of thing. She’d do it if she wasn’t thick as pig’s shit and Johnson definitely would’ve employed similar tactics 

I reckon Truss's campaign is stalling BECAUSE she's receiving the backing of Johnson's most ardent supporters in Dorries and JRM.

Johnson was right in his assertion that him backing a candidate would likely damage their campaign. But those who blindly continued to support him when it was clear his position was no longer tenable are equally damaging. 

I think this will quickly come down to a straight fight between Sunak and Mordaunt with Tugendhat a distant 3rd. Anyone with genuine ambition of succeeding will distance themselves from Johnson, and those who stood by him as much as possible - it's clear the PCP don't see that as their future. Truss must have fucking facepalmed when those two fucking muppets went before the camera together. Times up you pair of cunts, now FUCK OFF  to the back benches. 

0558772c-eec4-43e6-9572-2f9d2991589f.png.b14e8d9472e02673e00f706d3f12a95e.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Craig said:

I reckon Truss's campaign is stalling BECAUSE she's receiving the backing of Johnson's most ardent supporters in Dorries and JRM.

Johnson was right in his assertion that him backing a candidate would likely damage their campaign. But those who blindly continued to support him when it was clear his position was no longer tenable are equally damaging. 

I think this will quickly come down to a straight fight between Sunak and Mordaunt with Tugendhat a distant 3rd. Anyone with genuine ambition of succeeding will distance themselves from Johnson, and those who stood by him as much as possible - it's clear the PCP don't see that as their future. Truss must have fucking facepalmed when those two fucking muppets went before the camera together. Times up you pair of cunts, now FUCK OFF  to the back benches. 

0558772c-eec4-43e6-9572-2f9d2991589f.png.b14e8d9472e02673e00f706d3f12a95e.png

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was Johnson ploy for those two to scupper Truss by giving support, she’s been trying to Thatcher herself up for ages as definitive sign of wanting to be cunt in chief.

4 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was Johnson ploy for those two to scupper Truss by giving support, she’s been trying to Thatcher herself up for ages as definitive sign of wanting to be cunt in chief.

Perhaps, but I reckon if that was his game I reckon he'd have absolutely crucified her by pledging his support himself.

Caught the first 60 seconds of Mordaunt's pitch, another fuckin awful public speaker.Truss could win this, she's plainly the ERGs candidate and if the Msil and Murdoch get behind her that'll be it. Sunak is perceived as a traitor by ERG types but voted for Brexit whereas Truss didn't, Sunak suggesting his economic policy is akin to Thatcher's, which may appeal to membership but is likely to be irrelevant to corporate donors looking for tax breaks 

Edited by PaddockLad

He genuinely has just christened Starmer "Captain Crasherooni Yawnfest" at PMQs btw. And he waited for the noise to die down so everyone could get the full force of what an absolute zinger it was. Fast worker, Tim Key. 

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He genuinely has just christened Starmer "Captain Crasherooni Yawnfest" at PMQs btw. And he waited for the noise to die down so everyone could get the full force of what an absolute zinger it was. Fast worker, Tim Key. 

The absolute state of British politics summarised by PMQs man. At least it can't get any worse can it? 

• Like 1

A couple of jocks refused to sit down or shut up when Johnson stood up to speak. They got hoyed out.

The rest of it was shite as always. Starmer used it to go after the leadership candidates (mostly Sunak) and Johnson seemed to be workshopping his one man show for the Fringe. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Two Alba MPs thrown out for creating a protest, Hoyle losing his rag. I didn't even know Alba had any sitting MPs? 

If they did they wouldn't have been hoyed out! :lol:

• Haha 1