Politics

Christmas Tree

I'm not going to comment on the matter at hand in terms of specifics because I don't have firsthand experience - suffice to say that I know many trans people and they don't mention being as comfortable with the sort of reality that the author describes, as she herself does. Mileage seemingly varies.

That point aside though, even if I felt the need to speak out against left wing views - as I have done before - I would never choose to do so in the Daily Heil. They're not running that article because they care about the issue, they're running it because it agrees with their perspective in the culture war. I don't understand why anyone would offer themselves up for that.

The entire argument (putting aside the sporting element) seems to be predicated on this idea that there are men who are pretending to be trans in order to use it as a cover to attack women. So they can spin this as being pro-women rather than anti-trans. I'd like to know just how often this sort of attacks occurs. Given that it's red meat for the tabloids you would think it would be publicised every time that such an incident happens yet I don't remember reading about a single one.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The entire argument (putting aside the sporting element) seems to be predicated on this idea that there are men who are pretending to be trans in order to use it as a cover to attack women. So they can spin this as being pro-women rather than anti-trans. I'd like to know just how often this sort of attacks occurs. Given that it's red meat for the tabloids you would think it would be publicised every time that such an incident happens yet I don't remember reading about a single one.

I did read a comment that asked if these "campaigners" cared so much about sexual assault in prisons, why they didn't seem to care about assaults by male staff and indeed female staff and other prisoners. 

Also there don't seem to be any stats on these mythical public toilet attacks and no attempt to include non-trans men entering female toilets as there's generally nothing stopping them. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I'm not going to comment on the matter at hand in terms of specifics because I don't have firsthand experience - suffice to say that I know many trans people and they don't mention being as comfortable with the sort of reality that the author describes, as she herself does. Mileage seemingly varies.

That point aside though, even if I felt the need to speak out against left wing views - as I have done before - I would never choose to do so in the Daily Heil. They're not running that article because they care about the issue, they're running it because it agrees with their perspective in the culture war. I don't understand why anyone would offer themselves up for that.

I deliberately don't offer opinion on the subject, only facts. At the end of the day this is a sibling of mine and irrespective of her viewpoints, or her decision to place those viewpoints in the public domain, she shouldn't be subject to the vile abuse and death threats she is on social media. India Willoughby is a fucking disgrace. 

56 minutes ago, Craig said:

I deliberately don't offer opinion on the subject, only facts. At the end of the day this is a sibling of mine and irrespective of her viewpoints, or her decision to place those viewpoints in the public domain, she shouldn't be subject to the vile abuse and death threats she is on social media. India Willoughby is a fucking disgrace. 

Never mind all this Trans stuff, which ones the real Craig? The young hipster on LinkedIn or his dad on twitter :lol: 

;) 

1 hour ago, NJS said:

I did read a comment that asked if these "campaigners" cared so much about sexual assault in prisons, why they didn't seem to care about assaults by male staff and indeed female staff and other prisoners. 

Also there don't seem to be any stats on these mythical public toilet attacks and no attempt to include non-trans men entering female toilets as there's generally nothing stopping them. 

Exactly. I really don't think this stuff happens very much at all. My mum used to argue trans women entering women's bathrooms made women vulnerable and I'd have to argue that if a man really wanted to assault a woman, the social weirdness of entering a woman's bathroom was not a barrier.

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Never mind all this Trans stuff, which ones the real Craig? The young hipster on LinkedIn or his dad on twitter :lol: 

;) 

lurking-creepyguy.gif

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Craig said:

I'm not sure who that person is but I agree with you that no one should be receiving death threats on social media. That does seem to be what twitter is mainly for though, given how often you hear about it happening. Your sister is of course entitled to express her view without being threatened - in the same way that you'd hope trans people would be free to live their lives without being attacked. It's odd that people who come under such sustained abuse by the wider world would be so ready to turn to aggression themselves, but presumably (as in all such cases irrespective of the area of argument) it's the unstable people leading the charge here.

I have no doubt neither will resign and there will be no trigger for a vote of no confidence by all those tory cunts who said they were waiting for this decision. The tory party, traitors to the country and democracy. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

I have no doubt neither will resign and there will be no trigger for a vote of no confidence by all those tory cunts who said they were waiting for this decision. The tory party, traitors to the country and democracy. 

Aye it'll just go away. Like every other fucking thing they've done. You can't even blame the opposition parties at this stage - when the PM has no shame and there's no accountability, it doesn't matter how much pressure you bring to bear, because it'll never be enough. 

His cunt wife has been fined too (the Johnson one). I assume this falls under the category of criminal offence? Also it's hard to see how Johnson hasn't intentionally mislead parliament over this.

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye it'll just go away. Like every other fucking thing they've done. You can't even blame the opposition parties at this stage - when the PM has no shame and there's no accountability, it doesn't matter how much pressure you bring to bear, because it'll never be enough. 

You're right of course. The only thing I can see that will bring him down is if the outrage from tory constituencies is sufficient to get those letters sent. I doubt that will happen.

Like hundreds of thousands of others, I wasn't allowed to be with my loved one (sister) at their death whilst this cunt was partying. I'm now in counselling as a result, which I hate btw. There are no words for the hatred I feel, not just for him, but his enablers. I watched some of the Jimmy Savile documentary on Netflix last night, before having to turn it off because it was sickening. No, I'm not comparing him directly with Savile of course, although the hair is actually similar. But the man is still a fucking psychopath (let the bodies pile up high) and he is being enabled by thousands of people in the same way Savile was. This country is finished if he stays now. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

His cunt wife has been fined too (the Johnson one). I assume this falls under the category of criminal offence? Also it's hard to see how Johnson hasn't intentionally mislead parliament over this.

I guess he'd have to challenge it in court to clear his name. He won't, of course.

If I was Sunak I'd realise that my leadership ambitions were already over and then resign in order to put massive pressure on Johnson to do the same in order for a bit of payback.

• Like 2

Just now, ewerk said:

If I was Sunak I'd realise that my leadership ambitions were already over and then resign in order to put massive pressure on Johnson to do the same in order for a bit of payback.

Yeah, he's definitely finished and he may as well get out before he's lynched over the cost of living. 

1 minute ago, NJS said:

The met being lapdogs announcing these during a recess as well. 

Need to get rid of more than just Cressida Dick. 

I was thinking this but honestly, quite surprised they didn't cover it up completely. 

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Some nasty stuff happening in NY subways. “Shootings, explosive devices”.

Grim pictures around.

Is there nothing Johnson won't do to distract attention? 

• Haha 3