Politics

Christmas Tree

Piss take from Sunak this. The amount of work it took to get an inquiry into Partygate, and I know it's different, but no inquiry into the govt's covid response. But ya fucker he couldn't even wait til Monday to order an inquiry into his own bitch wife's tax avoidance. 

Not to mention how tone deaf it is, given the situation the country is in at the minute and his top priority is finding out who upset his domestic situation. 

• Like 4

ewerk pretty much nailed this. Imagine his reaction if this had been Rachel Reeves's husband. Not that it'd ever happen on that side of the house. 

Tories being Tories - self-serving cunts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Craig said:

Reading that, is the suggestion someone within Johnson’s team is behind it? 

The inference that she’s agreed to start paying tax to avoid being a distraction for him is bollocks too. She’s reluctantly conceded she has to pay them because they’ve been found out. 

Should be £2.1m for every year she’s lived here else the media shouldn’t let up. Sadly I’m sure they will.

It strongly suggests to me that Sunak’s camp are the source of of all the Partygate evidence that may yet get Johnson the sack (unlikely) . That’s why there were removal vans at no. 11  yesterday morning. Sunak stabbed the man who is not only his boss but also his neighbour in the back and being ex Goldman Sachs and a partner in several hedge fund firms he can’t bare to see his unstoppable rise to the top being halted by a gurning yeti who is surprising good at Roman history and regularly throws in a Latin phrase or two in order to charm the plebs :cuppa:

• Like 1

It certainly was but Macron will be hoping that Mélenchon's voters turn out for him in the second round. They won't be motivated by Macron but may hold their noses in order to prevent Le Pen getting in.

1 hour ago, Craig said:

First round of the French Presidential election was far closer than I hoped!

I feared it would be closer. Think it works out 10% of the population voted for her this round. That's not to say I'm not worried, especially after Brexit etc, shows how easily manipulated voters can be. A Le Pen victory would be catastrophic for Europe and even a close call is a huge concern. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 3

BBC reported yesterday that current polling goes as close as 51:49. At some point, the centre is going to have to recognise that something needs to give here. Either the policies or the narrative, one of the two. IMO they could stand to be a little more honest with voters across the board.

I very much hope Macron wins for the sake of Europe. I'd vote for him on that basis alone.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

I very much hope Macron wins for the sake of Europe. I'd vote for him on that basis alone.

You'd think common sense would prevail, but this is the French we're talking about. 

2 hours ago, Craig said:

You'd think common sense would prevail, but this is the French we're talking about. 

That’s a bit rich coming from a nation listening to the drivel from Nigel Farage and voting for a blonde clown to be PM.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

That’s a bit rich coming from a nation listening to the drivel from Nigel Farage and voting for a blonde clown to be PM.

Good point. If only we were as efficient as ze Germans. :thumbup:

Tories playing another blinder by ignoring the allegations about their MP for Wakefield and deciding he should run for election anyway. 

Just now, spongebob toonpants said:

Whole load of garages out of diesel for me today

Been like that for about a week down this way. The minute a filling station gets anything there's queues a mile long.

46 minutes ago, Alex said:

Tories playing another blinder by ignoring the allegations about their MP for Wakefield and deciding he should run for election anyway. 

Unbelievable.

image.thumb.png.5fbe9cbc42c00d7f451a126be0396cd6.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Bollocks, I could do with some petrol as well! Usually when shite like this happens I've usually got enough in till the panickers have filled up and then I fill up as normal. 

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Need a full tank for the weekend.

5 hours ago, Craig said:

Good point. If only we were as efficient as ze Germans. :thumbup:

We learned it the hard way and still do have a decent amount of stupid people. Regional elections in some federal states are horrible.

35 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

We learned it the hard way and still do have a decent amount of stupid people. Regional elections in some federal states are horrible.

Yeah all joking aside, I can well imagine. Every country has it's stupid element. Ours fall under the postal codes SR1 and SW1A

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Looks like the fuel panic buying is coming back tomorrow :(

55B0DA5A-8642-48AF-AC73-68A9C334A97F.thumb.jpeg.a3200df7b640d8567d472a6ad13c550e.jpeg

1BE082D7-CE35-4D11-B213-45BA6EF6D844.thumb.jpeg.a32ab056ab45fb79fdd8bd82a0235286.jpeg

Personally, I'm pretty pissed off that the Labour party has gone anti right to protest too.

It's a protest, it happens. Address it, give them a platform and start dialogue and this stuff stops.

To be fair, they've got a point - they want us to do nothing more to expand oil production; which is what we've pledged to do in the COP26 when Alok whoever the fuck shed his crocodile tears about how much the UK had led it...  Rees Mogg thinks we should get "every last drop" in the North Sea , and he's always wrong or pushing for evil.... <rant over>

Edited by scoobos
  • Like 1

On 06/04/2022 at 17:16, Gemmill said:

All just further attempted distraction. I hope some trans lass kicks his fucking head in. That's the sort of distraction the country needs. 

Despite being as left wing as they come, it doesn’t look like it’s going to be my sister giving him the kicking you infer…

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-10697843/DEBBIE-HAYTON-Lets-end-nonsense-spoken-trans-women.html

• Like 2