Politics

Christmas Tree

32 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The only cunts worse are the cunts that vote them in. 

They're useless cunts as opposed to dangerous cunts. Dangerous cunts trump the useless cunts because they can manipulate them. Both can also be smug cunts.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The only cunts worse are the cunts that vote them in. 

I understand why you say this but it’s not true.  The Cunts who voted them in aren’t the Cunts trying to manipulate the Cunts to vote the Cunts in.  Cunts who aren’t too good at thinking for themselves might be Cunts, but Cunts who are able to think for themselves and choose to influence other Cunts as to what those Cunts should think about the Cunts are, by some degree, worse than the Cunts you first thought of.  

• Haha 3

BTW, was in town today. Have you noticed in Eldon Square the electronic bill boards are all spewing government, that is obviously tory, propaganda, about "levelling up". Blyth getting £20 million etc. I assume this is natioanl. How the fuck is this allowed? Tory propaganda paid for out of the public purse? Why is nobody challenging this? 

Edit: Just googled and the Guardian reported it yesterday. I saw the first adverts 3 weeks ago mind. One word. Cunts.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/mar/30/ministers-accused-of-using-public-funds-for-tory-propaganda-ads

Edited by Renton
  • Thanks 2

I don’t understand dropping this conversion ban. Doing so doesn’t win any votes that I can see. It doesn’t take an excessive amount of parliamentary time to the exclusion of other more pressing bills.

Have the Tories received a large donation from ultra Christians?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I don’t understand dropping this conversion ban. Doing so doesn’t win any votes that I can see. It doesn’t take an excessive amount of parliamentary time to the exclusion of other more pressing bills.

Have the Tories received a large donation from ultra Christians?

They might try give a certain MP some treatment.

46 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I don't know if this cunts as identity politics or not, but my identity isn't best chuffed about that news, anyway.

Fyp

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Renton said:

BTW, was in town today. Have you noticed in Eldon Square the electronic bill boards are all spewing government, that is obviously tory, propaganda, about "levelling up". Blyth getting £20 million etc. I assume this is natioanl. How the fuck is this allowed? Tory propaganda paid for out of the public purse? Why is nobody challenging this? 

Edit: Just googled and the Guardian reported it yesterday. I saw the first adverts 3 weeks ago mind. One word. Cunts.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/mar/30/ministers-accused-of-using-public-funds-for-tory-propaganda-ads

Aye, I noticed that at the weekend too. At a strictly detached level I can actually see some good in trying to meet the "all politicians are the same"/"they do nothing for us" crowd on their turf and show them that things that benefit them can and do get done, to repair some of that damaged trust and all. But obviously, in addition to the question of who's paying for it, the timing of all this in the run-up to the elections is :quotes: mildly :quotes: suspicious-slash-convenient to say the least...

41 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Aye, I noticed that at the weekend too. At a strictly detached level I can actually see some good in trying to meet the "all politicians are the same"/"they do nothing for us" crowd on their turf and show them that things that benefit them can and do get done, to repair some of that damaged trust and all. But obviously, in addition to the question of who's paying for it, the timing of all this in the run-up to the elections is :quotes: mildly :quotes: suspicious-slash-convenient to say the least...

I think just because the tories have invented a sham department of levelling up, doesn't stop it being a purely tory slogan. Its an overt advert for them, and then there's also the element of pork barrelling.  The Guardian article notes that these adverts are before the purdah period, but I'm confused as to why a genuine government message, like we had for  covid for instance, should be affected by purdah? Honestly, it fucking reeks of corruption and is another stain on our democracy.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

I think just because the tories have invented a sham department of levelling up, doesn't stop it being a purely tory slogan. Its an overt advert for them, and then there's also the element of pork barrelling.  The Guardian article notes that these adverts are before the purdah period, but I'm confused as to why a genuine government message, like we had for  covid for instance, should be affected by purdah? Honestly, it fucking reeks of corruption and is another stain on our democracy.

Nothing's off the table with these cunts.

49 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

STRONG AND STABLE LEADERSHIP :boogie:

Not my area of knowledge at all, but aren’t some trans people also gay, and some not? 

They haven’t thought this knee-jerk through, have they Jeff? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Meenzer said:

STRONG AND STABLE LEADERSHIP :boogie:

3pm: 'Fuck them, I couldn't give a shit'

9pm: 'Hold on, I care passionately about this'

Honestly, a more convincing excuse would have been 'April Fools!'.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, ewerk said:

3pm: 'Fuck them, I couldn't give a shit'

9pm: 'Hold on, I care passionately about this'

Honestly, a more convincing excuse would have been 'April Fools!'.

No matter what his actual belief on this is, what he has made abundantly clear is that he can be talked out of or into anything based on which way the wind is blowing. He is the very opposite of a man of conviction.

• Like 4