Politics

Christmas Tree

22 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Pretty much a no brainer, will at leeast increase capacity and maybe speeds to the NW and Scotland, although Manchester will probably be a bigger bottle neck than ever. No benefit for Newcastle, that went when the Eastern leg was scrapped (and hardly noticed by the media). We'll have to make do with over crowded trains and as a knock on roads for another century. 

So, to summarise,m what they have done is built the most expensive leg (by far) by tuneeling through the home counties and ruined the cost benefit by making sure it doesn't connect with any cities other than Birmingham. 

Screenshot_20241017-123728.thumb.png.05cadb5675572ac182eec5bcd27be1bd.png

:lol:

The Guardian can get entirely fucked. And Labour should just be telling people to fuck off. Aye I'm gonna get the odd free ticket for a concert, but you know what, Taylor Swift wasn't trying to lobby me for anything so just shut your face. I'm going. Do some proper reporting please. 

• Like 3

The Guardian btw. A paper so desperate for clicks and ad revenue that it had a live reaction blog for the death of Liam Payne. :lol:

"Oh McFly have put a tribute tweet out now. Better get it posted. We're still waiting for word from Busted, I suspect they're just processing at the minute."

Fuck off. 

• Like 3

The content of this isn't all that shocking when you know who Christopher Chope is but what still astounds me is how he has been elected to parliament TEN times. Despite the Tories completely imploding in the last election he was returned with a majority of 16%.

• Jaysus... 1

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The content of this isn't all that shocking when you know who Christopher Chope is but what still astounds me is how he has been elected to parliament TEN times. Despite the Tories completely imploding in the last election he was returned with a majority of 16%.

Even if you thought that you wouldn’t say it ffs

This is why Labour should get all the unpopular stuff done now, this lot are beyond redemption and 100% unelectable. Looks like the electorate just kept the absolute knackers last GE as I suspected they would - people like this twat, Badenoch, Braverman, Francois. Not a normal person among them.

Chope was the upskirter wasn't he? More dinosaur than Jordan Pickford. 

I don’t know why but they’ve a long tradition of the absolute fucking mentalists having the safest seats. But they managed to keep them tucked  away in the past, but they’ve got so few MPs they can’t do that any more. Particularly with them being the official opposition and pretty much needing to shadow all the ministerial posts in government. They can (and do) use members of the HoL. But that’s limiting in itself. Even though it’s stuffed with Tories. 

• Like 3

Speaking of which, I googled ‘Fabricant’ just to remind myself of his majority. The Wikipedia page has been amended now but it looks like some wag had been having a bit of a laugh at his expense 

IMG_9254.jpeg

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 3